User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

If you take 100 different MBTI tests and score 100% on all of them, the chances of you being 100% N is very very unlikely..

It's not that clean cut and dry, everyone has every type in them, and we all use every function everyday. There are times when I use my I, my S, my T, and my J. Your type is only there to represent where the majority of your personality comes from.

It's completely insane to claim that you're 100% a certain type because you took a stupid 75 question test on it..It's like an IQ test..they give you a few narrowed down questions that focus on only a few strands of intelligence, and automatically define your IQ. Tests cover so little of your personality that it's insane that you can believe your 100% something.

As for me, I hover, mostly, around the NP types..my personality can show INTP, ENTP, INFP, and ENFP..it just so hapens that I am more like an ENFP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    If you take 100 different MBTI tests and score 100% on all of them, the chances of you being 100% N is very very unlikely..
    Uhhh, no. If you take ONE HUNDRED MBTI TESTS, the chances of you being 100% N is very very LIKELY.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    MBTI will always be tainted by subjectivity
    Tainted? It's entirely subjective. And hypothetical. That doesn't diminish its utility. And I don't think much weighting is given to percentages in the analysis - just whether there is a clear preference one way or the other. Don't understand the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Uhhh, no. If you take ONE HUNDRED MBTI TESTS, the chances of you being 100% N is very very LIKELY.
    Ok, I worded that wrong. But what I was trying to get across was that it doesn't matter what the test tells you, 100% or not, you can't be pure, as all of our decisions don't stem from the same exact function all of the time, certain variations regulate.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

garbage

If the whole idea of a percentage bothers you, just treat it as an approximate percentile. Problem solved. You can thank me later.

(directed at everyone)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Hey! I'm 100 E, I'm on crack yes
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

As I said in other thread 100% on test is 80-90% in real life.

I agree these are preferences, not who we are

MBTI
    ISTJ

The problem is the pigeon hole. By MBTI sticking a letter on me because I scored a few percentage points one direction, suddenly I'm lumped with EVERYONE 51%+. My 54% "I" aligns me with the 92% "I"'s even though our preferences may show up significantly different in my visible behavior. The MBTI results (once tatooed to our foreheads) almost implies to others we are 100% of each letter.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Saying you're 100% something is like prejudging how you're always going to act in certain situations. Don't we do things different all of the time? Isn't each situation different? Why believe what a small narrowed test tells you when they brush on aspects that are so limited and only provide a straw view of the whole mural of you're personality. Our personalities even run deeper than type descriptions, they are just crude loose definitions that is just icing on the cake.