User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoLestat View Post
    Still, a J and not a P. NP vs NJ perhaps.
    You don't even need to go for the J, Ni is sufficient to explain the unwillingness to stay and compute in a world of grey.
    Ni is about getting like, the 'nature of things' rather than getting lots and lots and barely related bits into one dynamic whole\focus point\crossroad (Ne)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Although I dont know what Evan is talking about I probably can relate to him on this one.

I think the Black and White view could be a thing, strong Ti and Te can fall victim too. I furthermore think, if you have a strong Fe or Fi its also possible to black and white the world, even when the view would be more personalized.

All in all I think it is a rational function expression.

In the world of the Senses or the possibilities I hardly think it is possible to limit or sort out your perception. As in: it is not possible to draw one meaning from this piece of art, which is made of a 1000 different colors or this relationship between the two, which was influenced through a 1000 different occasions.
    Something is this and not that, this is how the reasoning goes.
    Deep down inside I know that everything is a paradox and opposites are actually quite similar, but I cannot perceive in this way, I mean practically.
    If the painting is green, it's green and not some other colour.
    If you go forward, you don't go backwards.
    Personal meanings are hard for me because they are very fuzzy (my own personal meaning with things is weird and chaotic) and I usually just am not able to take it in with my conclusions.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    You don't even need to go for the J, Ni is sufficient to explain the unwillingness to stay and compute in a world of grey.
    Ni is about getting like, the 'nature of things' rather than getting lots and lots and barely related bits into one dynamic whole\focus point\crossroad (Ne)
    I 'collect' all kinds of bits so I can see the entire picture.
    It's like I could be walking around for days and perceive all these things, and after a few days I suddenly put it all together and it's the way things work or the way things happen/have happened.

NJ's create all kinds of systems (I mean, obsessively) to organize and automate organizing of events. I think it's the introversion and thus the complexity of their Ni images that makes em do that. The intuitions are hunches, but not as clear and connected as NP i think (anybody care to elaborate)

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    (quote: were ENTPs not ISFJs)not necissarily... it's all just a theory anyways and while we're busy theorizing on MBTI we could discuss shadow functions and shadow selves and that would mean that it was quite possible somehow that we're both ENTPs AND ISFJs...

Gray areas are what I thrive on because they give you a lot more room to think, wonder and come up with new possibilities and arguments- gray is fun, black and white is stifling
    You're both. But why did you fill out 'ENTP' instead of 'ISFJ' in the type field?

oh my god. i love talking to NT's:P

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoLestat View Post
    Something is this and not that, this is how the reasoning goes.
    Deep down inside I know that everything is a paradox and opposites are actually quite similar, but I cannot perceive in this way, I mean practically.
    If the painting is green, it's green and not some other colour.
    If you go forward, you don't go backwards.
    Personal meanings are hard for me because they are very fuzzy (my own personal meaning with things is weird and chaotic) and I usually just am not able to take it in with my conclusions.
    And thats perfectly ok. If you could perceive that way, what would be the entp for then ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    An Ni will often be too narrow- he or she will take a path that is different than what others take- but he or she follows that path was narrowly as the Si who conforms to all of society's rules.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I don't know... my life is constantly fuzzy, but I am not going to deny that when it comes to decisions, mine are pretty black and white. I rarely make such decisions, though.
    Don't worry. Your Ti will develop soon enough.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    black/white is so final. it's boring. there's not more to learn, to investigate, to poke at. To expound on. And, hardly most things in this world can be summed up that neatly. The only one that's for certain: life/death. Everything else....
    You forgot taxes, and lying
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Don't worry. Your Ti will develop soon enough.
    My Ti is not developed? Hahahaaaa... I'm a P, of course I don't like making decisions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    My Ti is not developed? Hahahaaaa... I'm a P, of course I don't like making decisions.
    yeah intj often tend to confuse impersonal data computation with computer like computation : linear, sequencial, absolute states for data (0\1 vs continuous).

Ne+Ti is a set of simultaneous states computed and rounded up depending on the data vs time positive function when it comes to the accuracy of the final result(s).
    It looks for external paterns to apply to a given problem, and then create some sort of metastructure,
    It uses associative thinking to capture emerging patterns in the relationships between the items it generates.
    Those items are themselves conjured\created via the same associative thinking. Ne+Ti combine those items and apply them to a given problem.

The nature of the process means that the finest the analysis the more items\dynamics will be analysed in terms of volume.

Basically, it's like saying that when looking for a needle in a stack, the smallest the needle(accuracy) the biggest the stack will be.

Ne+Ti can also, of course, focus on the Ti for a more sequencial thinking, but the former process isn't what comes naturally. When the number of analysed Items is low Ne+Ti will look like "Ti". The N interaction really comes into play gradually as the complexity of the problem grows.

Ti+Ne is closer to a sequencial analysis backed up by the associations of the Ne as a source of data, but it doesn't have the exponential feedback loop properties of a very strong Ne combined with Ti.

Primary Ne suggests strong Ti, because the Ti has to make up for the volume of generated information. Secondary Ne will probably tend to show a more notable difference between Ne and Ti that could be demonstrated by an accurate and extensive analysis of the functions.
    orso
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE