User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Eii

Default How does the E effect the I?

I was sitting here with my comrade and we were reading through the forums and came along this topic:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ol-enough.html

An ISFP was stating that she felt not cool enough when around ESFPs. Then the next person, an INFP stated that they felt this way about ENFPs. My friend, sitting next to me is an INTJ, said, 'How odd, the ENTJs make me feel that way.' I also know an ISTJ who is extremely uncomfortable around ESTJs.

So, I was curious, for all of you Ixxx types, does your extroverted version make you feel 'not cool enough' or make you feel intimidated?

I am not sure that four is enough to make a pattern, but I thought I would ask.

It seems to some degree it is possible that Is would be uncomfortable around Es, since we are so...noisy, out there, however you want to put it, but I also think that it might be even more prevalent of a feeling in the extroverted version of your same type.

What do you all think?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
    I was sitting here with my comrade and we were reading through the forums and came along this topic:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ol-enough.html

An ISFP was stating that she felt not cool enough when around ESFPs. Then the next person, an INFP stated that they felt this way about ENFPs. My friend, sitting next to me is an INTJ, said, 'How odd, the ENTJs make me feel that way.' I also know an ISTJ who is extremely uncomfortable around ESTJs.

So, I was curious, for all of you Ixxx types, does your extroverted version make you feel 'not cool enough' or make you feel intimidated?

I am not sure that four is enough to make a pattern, but I thought I would ask.

It seems to some degree it is possible that Is would be uncomfortable around Es, since we are so...noisy, out there, however you want to put it, but I also think that it might be even more prevalent of a feeling in the extroverted version of your same type.

What do you all think?
    Well, I's always seem cooler to me. I think it's that we admire what we don't possess ourselves. This is good right?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Eii

You can think someone is cooler than you without being intimidated by them. I am more speaking of having a negative or somehow uncomfortable emotional response. This could be the case with you. Is it?

If it is, then your point is very valid to this topic, and it should be renamed: How do Es and Is effect each other.

If they are not intimidating to you, my question remains the same, since your point answers a question I didn't ask.

No rudeness implied.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I make an effort to make people feel as comfortable as they possibly can when with me, however, my intensity, especially when arguing something I care about oftentimes freaks people out.

Hell, I might freak people out on a daily basis for all I know.

I try to make and find common ground when in the company of others, and am never a fan of using social or intellectual tactics to isolate or exclude any person(s) of the group.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Eii

Are there any I's in the forum at this time that have any insight?

No rudeness implied.

((I am an F, sitting her with my T friend, and she is explaining to me how what I am saying comes off as rude, where as I keep explaining to her how it is the logical way to efficiently phrase what I want to say to get the answer I seek...it feels strange...We are combating with our tertiary functions. o.o))

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Let's look at this thing the other way around:

How does the I effect E.
    Answer: The E is very confused.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I can get along with anyone.. I mean, the problem is the definition of "cool" anyway. If you define "cool" as being popular / having a lot of friends, it makes sense to say that you'd feel pretty uncool as an I around Es of any type, not just your own.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

And about being cool or not cool.
    That thing doesn't matter after high schol, so don't be worried about being cool.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I often feel that ENFPs are a lot more outgoing, and I envy them for that. Otherwise no so much.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP

My experience? That being cool never matters and that it does, in fact, continue to be a concern for some people throughout life.

I know Senior Citizens who still are cliquey and worried about being "cool!"
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer