• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does the E effect the I?

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
I was sitting here with my comrade and we were reading through the forums and came along this topic:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/14005-not-cool-enough.html

An ISFP was stating that she felt not cool enough when around ESFPs. Then the next person, an INFP stated that they felt this way about ENFPs. My friend, sitting next to me is an INTJ, said, 'How odd, the ENTJs make me feel that way.' I also know an ISTJ who is extremely uncomfortable around ESTJs.

So, I was curious, for all of you Ixxx types, does your extroverted version make you feel 'not cool enough' or make you feel intimidated?

I am not sure that four is enough to make a pattern, but I thought I would ask.

It seems to some degree it is possible that Is would be uncomfortable around Es, since we are so...noisy, out there, however you want to put it, but I also think that it might be even more prevalent of a feeling in the extroverted version of your same type.

What do you all think?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was sitting here with my comrade and we were reading through the forums and came along this topic:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/14005-not-cool-enough.html

An ISFP was stating that she felt not cool enough when around ESFPs. Then the next person, an INFP stated that they felt this way about ENFPs. My friend, sitting next to me is an INTJ, said, 'How odd, the ENTJs make me feel that way.' I also know an ISTJ who is extremely uncomfortable around ESTJs.

So, I was curious, for all of you Ixxx types, does your extroverted version make you feel 'not cool enough' or make you feel intimidated?

I am not sure that four is enough to make a pattern, but I thought I would ask.

It seems to some degree it is possible that Is would be uncomfortable around Es, since we are so...noisy, out there, however you want to put it, but I also think that it might be even more prevalent of a feeling in the extroverted version of your same type.

What do you all think?

Well, I's always seem cooler to me. I think it's that we admire what we don't possess ourselves. This is good right?

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
You can think someone is cooler than you without being intimidated by them. I am more speaking of having a negative or somehow uncomfortable emotional response. This could be the case with you. Is it?

If it is, then your point is very valid to this topic, and it should be renamed: How do Es and Is effect each other.

If they are not intimidating to you, my question remains the same, since your point answers a question I didn't ask.

No rudeness implied.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I make an effort to make people feel as comfortable as they possibly can when with me, however, my intensity, especially when arguing something I care about oftentimes freaks people out.

Hell, I might freak people out on a daily basis for all I know.

I try to make and find common ground when in the company of others, and am never a fan of using social or intellectual tactics to isolate or exclude any person(s) of the group.

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
Are there any I's in the forum at this time that have any insight?

No rudeness implied.

((I am an F, sitting her with my T friend, and she is explaining to me how what I am saying comes off as rude, where as I keep explaining to her how it is the logical way to efficiently phrase what I want to say to get the answer I seek...it feels strange...We are combating with our tertiary functions. o.o))

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Let's look at this thing the other way around:

How does the I effect E.
Answer: The E is very confused. ;)

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can get along with anyone.. I mean, the problem is the definition of "cool" anyway. If you define "cool" as being popular / having a lot of friends, it makes sense to say that you'd feel pretty uncool as an I around Es of any type, not just your own.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
And about being cool or not cool.
That thing doesn't matter after high schol, so don't be worried about being cool. ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I often feel that ENFPs are a lot more outgoing, and I envy them for that. Otherwise no so much.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My experience? That being cool never matters and that it does, in fact, continue to be a concern for some people throughout life.

I know Senior Citizens who still are cliquey and worried about being "cool!"

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, anyone who even cares about being or feeling cool in the social sense of the word is regarded as being pretty lametarded in my books.

For example, hipsters who are obsessed with being perceived as hip or cool make me want to projectile vomit on their vacuous faces.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ecstacy_monogram.jpg

"E", has a very strange and amusing effect on introverts.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Aren't Eskimos a bit on the, erm, huskier side, and wouldn't that imply that they are in fact warmer than most people, because fat insulates heat?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh no! I really thought it'll be over after High School. :shock:

Sad to say, in my experience, every place I've ever worked or socialized has that type of group within it.

But yeah, it's best you learn how to get over it by high school or you'll still be playing "Who's the Prom Queen and King of This Place" 'til you die. Heh.

Isn't that just the creepiest thought?:smile:

deleted
Aren't Eskimos a bit on the, erm, huskier side, and wouldn't that imply that they are in fact warmer than most people, because fat insulates heat?

I've never head this term "warmer" like this. Are you referring to temperature?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sad to say, in my experience, every place I've ever worked or socialized has that type of group within it.

But yeah, it's best you learn how to get over it by high school or you'll still be playing "Who's the Prom Queen and King of This Place" 'til you die. Heh.

Isn't that just the creepiest thought?:smile:

Hehe, a sad story of a life: trying to be the prom queen I never was....

I wonder what is the "wannabe" state here in Finland because we don't have prom, prom queens and prom kings. :laugh:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Hehe, a sad story of a life: trying to be the prom queen I never was....

I wonder what is the "wannabe" state here in Finland because we don't have prom, prom queens and prom kings. :laugh:

Um. Rock star?

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
Ok, my question has less to do with people feeling cool or uncool. It was just an example to ask introverts if being around the same type in extroverted version is more stressful than being around other extroverted types.

I don't care about being cool either. I don't care about the friends. I understand the feeling that the other topic was referring to, but I was mostly referencing it because of the anxious feeling between the matching types on the opposite sides of the I/E line.

Using the word cool may have been deceptive and led this off in a direction I didn't want to go. I am more curious about the similarity, since they are the same in processing, but for the I vs E thing, and if that causes stress rather than what I originally thought would cause comfort. That is what I was trying to ask.