User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFP

Okay. I love to be around Extroverts. I find them invigorating and fun. And at some level there must be stress involved because I need some alone time when I expend too much social energy.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think what ShadowBoxer is trying to ask is: INFPs, you do feel intimidated by ENFPs? Do you ISFPs feel anxious around the ESFPs? How do you INTJs feel about yourselves in the presence of ENTJs. And etc...
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
    It was just an example to ask introverts if being around the same type in extroverted version is more stressful than being around other extroverted types.
    I think it's as hard for I's to really understand E's as it is for E's to understand I's.

I personally admire Introvert's skill of being pleased with their own company.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Eii

Yes, we can all hold hands, love each other and sing kum-bah-yah.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So cynical today, I see.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Go ahead, lol.

MBTI
    INFP

I quite like E's. Most make me feel comfortable if they get a conversation going, and there's no scale of uncoolness or coolness anywhere. If I want social interaction, I actually prefer it with someone who isn't more reserved than me.

violaine

I was sitting here with my comrade and we were reading through the forums and came along this topic:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ol-enough.html

An ISFP was stating that she felt not cool enough when around ESFPs. Then the next person, an INFP stated that they felt this way about ENFPs. My friend, sitting next to me is an INTJ, said, 'How odd, the ENTJs make me feel that way.' I also know an ISTJ who is extremely uncomfortable around ESTJs.

So, I was curious, for all of you Ixxx types, does your extroverted version make you feel 'not cool enough' or make you feel intimidated?

I am not sure that four is enough to make a pattern, but I thought I would ask.

It seems to some degree it is possible that Is would be uncomfortable around Es, since we are so...noisy, out there, however you want to put it, but I also think that it might be even more prevalent of a feeling in the extroverted version of your same type.

What do you all think?
    Hmm, no. I am not really shy socially if that makes a difference. And I feel quite individualistic - I kind of compete with myself rather than compare myself to others if that makes sense.

Outside of romantic involvements, I don't get uncomfortable around Es. (I can be a little uncomfortable around very aggressive men who are more often than not Es.) I can get a bit annoyed if one of my E friends is very demanding about spending a lot of time together though.

I seem to get along well with ENFJs in friendships if they accept that I am not as high interaction as they are. I have had a really close ENFJ friend before, she was wonderful and we were inseparable. The other significant friendship I had with an ENFJ girl went sour because she wanted much more interaction than I, (every weekend.) She would try to feeling-bully me into things which would peeve me greatly. (<-- all from my POV, I'm sure she probably thought I was hard work.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...i can be quieter around other more extraverted people, including my enfp sister but it just depends on my mood.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Sometimes I wish my ESTP brother would shut up and quit being so loud. But that's about it.

The only time I'm uncomfortable around extraverts is when I'm in a group of them who expect everyone to be extraverted and don't understand that people are different. I don't encounter much of that since high school though.