• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P type eights

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFPs, IMO, are Sanguine-Choleric (since Get-Things-Going = Sanguine and NF = Choleric), ENTPs are Sanguine-Phlegmatic (Get-Things-Going (Sanguine) and NT (Phlegmatic)).

I think ENTPs would more likely populate 3, 5, and 7. (I say 5 because 5's core motivation directly parallels that of the NTs -- knowledge and competence.)

And I think that INTJ 8s are more likely 5s with a strong line to 8; 8s are typically highly extroverted types.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inferior functions? Interesting.
Where have you discussed that before, and which of the nine is left out of the eight possible functions? 3? (Which I have seen some say does not fit anywhere).

ive discussed it in PMs and in wall posts (i might go dig 'em up)

heres the actual website i got it from:
The Enneagram and the MBTI: In Search of Common Ground, Part 2
and
The Enneagram and the MBTI: In Search of Common Ground, Part 3

to answer your question, type 1 is the one thats "left out"... because type 1s are simply trying to be EVERY function (they are usaully Js according to the site).

example for 8's:

Palmer similarly recognizes the excessive nature of the primitive feelings of 8s. They are prone to the 'open expression of anger' and also lust. Theirs is an 'all or nothing' style. Excess is an 'antidote to boredom', and (we might add) to underdeveloped feeling. 'Late hours, heavy entertainment, bingeing. Too much, too loud, too many.' They exhibit inferior feeling:

Difficulty in recognizing the dependent aspects of the self. When affected by others, can deny real feelings, by withdrawal, by claiming boredom, or by internally blaming the self. (p. 309, Palmer)

its not the "too much too loud" of a Ne crazy ENFP, its the too much too loud an inferior Fi person who only know "ON/OFF" because they are under inferior Fi.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think ENTPs would more likely populate 3, 5, and 7. (I say 5 because 5's core motivation directly parallels that of the NTs -- knowledge and competence.)

And I think that INTJ 8s are more likely 5s with a strong line to 8; 8s are typically highly extroverted types.

I think both are right. And it's good that you use “more likely” to indicate that there’s not a perfect correlation between these two systems.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really do think MBTI and enneagram are separate. It doesn't explain my being an INFP and an 8 at all if I apparently have inferior Fi, I very much feel my Fi 24/7.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really do think MBTI and enneagram are separate. It doesn't explain my being an INFP and an 8 at all if I apparently have inferior Fi, I very much feel my Fi 24/7.

take it from someone who has inferior Fi...if i had to live this way 24/7... life would be pretty hard.... how you would do it...i dont know! :steam::cry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I knew how I did it. You have to develop your inferior (4th slot) Te to really do anything. I sometimes wish I could shut it off, but it would feel like there was something missing if I did.

Any MBTI type can be any enneagram type, that's my theory. Enneagram puts personality more in depth with use with MBTI. If everyone used them both it wouldn't just be 16 types. There wouldn't just be normal INTPs, there would be type 4 INTPs, type 5 INTPs... Etc. Just because there is a common trend within some people to be a certain enneagram type doesn't mean everyone is that way.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish I knew how I did it. You have to develop your inferior (4th slot) Te to really do anything. I sometimes wish I could shut it off, but it would feel like there was something missing if I did.

Any MBTI type can be any enneagram type, that's my theory. Enneagram puts personality more in depth with use with MBTI. If everyone used them both it wouldn't just be 16 types. There wouldn't just be normal INTPs, there would be type 4 INTPs, type 5 INTPs... Etc. Just because there is a common trend within some people to be a certain enneagram type doesn't mean everyone is that way.

and i actaully do make exceptions (type 3 ESTJ, type 8 ESTP)

i just feel that some exceptions make more sense than others

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
makes no sense to me why only ENTJs shall be 8s. There is rumor that there are actually some ENTJs who like ENTPs

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFPs, IMO, are Sanguine-Choleric (since Get-Things-Going = Sanguine and NF = Choleric), ENTPs are Sanguine-Phlegmatic (Get-Things-Going (Sanguine) and NT (Phlegmatic)).

That's according to Keirsey's correlation. He defined the Choleric purely in terms of "exciteability". But the NF is diplomatic (classic Phlegmatic) while the NT is strategic, and with the drive for mastery, is more the classic Choleric trait. As for the "excitebility", there are two different temperament matrices, and Keirsey's temperaments are conative, not affective (social), so we look for different behaviors. Some ENFP's might seem Choleric, but then the Sanguine GtG does have a hot temper as well; they just cool down from it faster than the Choleric (short response-sustain). Most ENTP's here have been coming out 7w8. The GtG extraversion apparently cancels out the expected 5 traits.

ive discussed it in PMs and in wall posts (i might go dig 'em up)

heres the actual website i got it from:
The Enneagram and the MBTI: In Search of Common Ground, Part 2
and
The Enneagram and the MBTI: In Search of Common Ground, Part 3

to answer your question, type 1 is the one thats "left out"... because type 1s are simply trying to be EVERY function (they are usaully Js according to the site).

example for 8's:

its not the "too much too loud" of a Ne crazy ENFP, its the too much too loud an inferior Fi person who only know "ON/OFF" because they are under inferior Fi.

Thanks. And I had seen those, but just glossed through them, and didn't realize they were saying the types were inferior functions. I just knew they were tying them to the functions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8 is everyone thats boring and that is the conative subsequent correlation speaking :D

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You know, I am thinking of starting a club about this.

makes no sense to me why only ENTJs shall be 8s. There is rumor that there are actually some ENTJs who like ENTPs

You are right, Johnny. :yes:

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
<---------- 8w7 as well.

Kyuuei and I are almost the same person.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure why this topic should keep going. It's done and done. Question answered.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
makes no sense to me why only ENTJs shall be 8s.

no no no!....ESTJs, ENTPs, ISTPs, ESTPs etc i could all see as being 8s...

There is rumor that there are actually some ENTJs who like ENTPs
...and those female ENTPs ....:drool: :devil:

G

garbage

I see what you mean. How do you think he can improve that consciously? When I try to think of a way through things, I go through, how to improve circumstances for myself and others, sometimes try to change behaviour a lot if I can, if it solves things, genuinely.

My advice to him is to just treat people like equals and keep in mind that everyone doesn't have the same notion of social rules that he does.. and even if they do, their rules are probably different.

I'll have to think on that one some more.

But I think that what you describe is more likely unhealthy 1. Of course, you know him better - just an opinion on the MBTI-enneagram association.

I can see how that can come across as 1--expecting people to live up to your.. well.. expectations--but he also talks a lot about control.. and he's also a very aggressive individual. I can't describe the whole picture, but it just screams 8 at me.

Inferior functions? Interesting.
Where have you discussed that before, and which of the nine is left out of the eight possible functions? 3? (Which I have seen some say does not fit anywhere).

1 is the one that's left out.

ShadowBoxer

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
I have nothing useful to add, but that I am an ENFP and that I am an eight. Supposedly.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP

I can relate some to this. I’m not a type 8, but 8 is in my tri-fix. Rather than try to find some typological connection or similarity between type 8 and Fi, the better aproach is to view them as two separate forces within you that influence one another.