User Tag List

First 678

Thread: ENFX Hypocrisy

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

here- to make you feel better!

I love ENFPs to death- one of my best friends is one and I don't find her the slightest bit hypocritical I'd trust her with anything!

ENFJs on the other hand, I'm not the biggest fan. I dated one for a long time and developed a strong enough hatred of him that he has a very high spot on my list of people who I intend to kill if diagnosed with a terminal illness!
    he was a horrible hypocrite about everything- including cheating on me and then yelling at me that I was a horrible slut for talking to a male friend!

and swear all you want!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    The reason I have not felt the desire or need to respond to this thread has nothing to do with dirty laundry. I am honest about my flaws even those I would rather not disclose. The above statement explains perfectly my thoughts on the matter. Why defend bullshit? I think if this thread was meant to be a learning experience (as stated several times) it should have been done very differently. I appreciate that FL took the time to do what he did here. It appears to me people are going to believe what they want and nothing can be said at this point to change it. I think any "defense" contributed would be twisted honestly. I don't know if the other ENFs feel this way but I do.
    Hey, I wasn't so lazy I couldn't go back 2 pages.

I agree with Lookin4.

And speaking just for me (not on behalf of all NFs or all ENFPs, just l'il ole Aunti CzeCze herself) -- I only answer to trolling threads where the punchline is enough of a pay off for me.

I just think it's hilarious everytime an NT makes some pompous sweeping generalizations based on a few people you have PERSONAL beef with and then decide they must be NF and then you 'prove' your right to be angry with your spin of the day on MBTI theory.

Dude, if you've been burned or hurt in the past, just write a letter to whoever specifically wronged you and burn it. It's MUCH more cathartic for you and it will save others the trouble of getting dragged through the mud with you.

I understand joking around, taking things with a grain of salt, or even honest curiousity, and hey god knows I've jumped on the bandwagon on the 'hate a XXXX' threads (haha, whatever can attest to this) -- but sweeping judgement calls with an air of authority? And then telling people to either explain or disprove to you why they are the bastards you say they are? PUH-LEEZE.

What cracks me up even more is when the same NT says in the next breath, "Why do people say I'm a cold, unfeeling, arrogant bastard? I'm just being me!!"

Ditto, brother, DITTO.

And that is all.

*touch finish*
    Last edited by CzeCze; 11-18-2007 at 03:43 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Please don't slamENFJ's either. I don't even know if your boyfriend was actually an ENFJ!

Thanks for trying trying to help though.

Now on to a topic about the 'certitude' so frequently mentioned in this thread. There's no part of the theory saying that an FP type has any tendency to be less strong willed/decisive than any other type. This idea was just invented on the internet at some point.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Please don't slamENFJ's either. I don't even know if your boyfriend was actually an ENFJ!

Thanks for trying trying to help though.

Now on to a topic about the 'certitude' so frequently mentioned in this thread. There's no part of the theory saying that an FP type has any tendency to be less strong willed/decisive than any other type. This idea was just invented on the internet at some point.
    he was
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Well actually, CzeCze, I know many rationals who would find the stuff written by the "NT"'s here to be posatively moronic. In fact, the new (fairest to all types) models of psychological type are being developed by rationals: Linda Berens, John Beebe, Dario Nardi (INTP, ENTP, and INTJ respectively).
    Remember, no one gets negatively singled out IN THE NAME OF type. However, if you were to remove "you NT's" from every mention in the post, you'd have a very astute observation of what those folks were up to.