User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: ENFX Hypocrisy

MBTI
    ERTP

Oh please. That's exactly what you've been talking about. Are you backtracking now?
    No it isn't. What I talked about was going along with the sentiments of a given situation.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    No it isn't. What I talked about was going along with the sentiments of a given situation.
    You mentioned "hypocrisy" more than once in your OP.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Interesting. I never even looked in this thread because just simply reading the title made me annoyed that once again ENF's must defend themselves if they are doing something that is done universally within each type. I won't begin by saying that two of the worst examples of people being hypocritial I've encountered in my life were by an NT and an SJ (the SJ was a T by the way) Oh wait I did start out that way...oops (well I just won't finish the thought) (see that was just something uncalled for but would I be hypocritical if I held back....?)

Anyway I have no problem with being honest about my flaws also. I think I'm prob more honest about my flaws than alot of people...and if something is bought to my attention I will certainly consider it (almost to the point of obsession because I truly don't want something that's warpped about me to affect someone else negatively. As far as saying one thing or acting one way and doing another I won't because not only is that wrong, I truly don't want to be "fake". Will I be nice to someone I don't really like. Sure why would I be nasty? I'm not making that person my best friend but I can certainly say hello in the hallway or help them pick something up if they drop it (etc...) Would I/you step over someone who needed help simply because you didn't like them so that you can stay true to your feeling? What the heck!? If I'm really at the point where there is someone or some situation that I can't stand I stay the heck away. If I'm required to be with that person or in that situation I will either try to avoid it or in the case of the person do what needs to be done and move on (quickly) and in the end if I feel it necessary to let the person know why I find them distasteful I will. The end.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENTP

"I also don't think it can be generalised to ENFs, since the J/P trait is behaviourally important, and in particular, the -NFP traits seem dominant in what is being talked about (--Fp bending and lack of assertion in the example, and a -N-P trait in regards to the fleeting behaviour), not a type in particular. Because there is no specific type being measured, the events are easily reinterpreted to shift between the J/P divide as a way to hide conflicting data - ie: justify belief rather than conclude from data."

Can I PLease Swear on this forum??!!! AGGGGGGG
    This is just one of the pieces of @#$%^&@#$%^&^%$ that people wrote about ENF's. Is that the latest stereotype?- to assume that every insencere moron is an ENFp.
    THIS IS BULLSH*t!
    I am an ENFP. I am not 'smooth'. I am not a spineless chump. AND I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW ANY OF YOU TO GET AWAY WITH THIS STEREOTYPING.

Don't you see why people warn against misuses of type?!! How in the hell do you think you are accomplishing ANYTHING?

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

>_> Calm down, Gabe.

If you read that carefully, you'll see that the poster was in favor of ENFs. Furthermore, this is an old thread. The forum loves us ENFs.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENTP

"So you're basically saying that an INTJ would relinquish a standpoint just as soon as an ENFP would?"

Well actually , the answer to that question is a definate YES.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not responding to the latest poster, I'm responding to the posters of the quotes I've copied

MBTI
    GONE

Edit:

Nevermind, it takes too much energy for me to read through all the responses right now.

::yawn::

Copious amounts of Russian food = nap time.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, my opinion is that ENs are the most manipulative people in the system, not distinguishing N from T. Sorry People. :redface:

Just going on personal experience and a little conjecture here, I think ENTs are more likely to be cold-blooded bastards, where as ENFs are more likely to get hopelessly lost in denial.
    This is assuming that things have to be bad to begin with, of course.

***I did not read much of the rest of the thread***
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

The only way it should get ressurected would be if everyone who wrote un-merited crap about ENFs were to personally admit that they all are wrong.

Seriously, I do feel bad about going nuts about this, but some of the things written completely infuriated me because they contradict some of the things I value most: honesty, strength of conviction. Is that not what you felt when you read this thread, Niffer?