User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    entp

for all the names you came up with, E functions are dominant. what happens when I leads?

according to mbti,
    INTPs -> Ti..Ne..Si..Fe
    ENTPs -> Ne..Ti...Fe..Si

you classify both as "circumspective harmonicists"...im not sure i fully agree

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Interesting comparisons. The more I read and understand Socionics, the more it shows itself to be a much more complete theory than MBTI. The best way to type yourself in it is to read the Quadra interaction styles and relations, find what most applies to you, then to narrow down your choice of those 4, I found. That's how I came to settle on LII.
    Yeah, the gayish ones always seem to be Ne ego.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My one question right now deals with function order.

I totally see what you're doing and why you've grouped certain types. But what happens to function order and how does that impact manifestation? Do the types look at all the same? Is the grouping helpful in a practical sense?

SFJ/NTP, for example, has the Ne/Si pair involved.
    But for ENTPs, the function order is Ne/x/x/Si, while for INTPs it's x/Ne/Si/x.
    Does this impact how the functions get used?
    And can you truly group Si/x/x/Ne with x/Ne/Si/x and say they are similar?
    Function position changes role, changes how the personalities appear and operate.

(Serious questions, these are the ones I am thinking about right now.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I hope that person at least meant to say Lithuania. Or the Soviet Union. There's a difference. Just keeping the facts straight.
    He may have said Lithuania. I know he mentioned some other country. Russia is just what comes to my mind, because the Socionics websites seem to be heavily from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    for all the names you came up with, E functions are dominant. what happens when I leads?

according to mbti,
    INTPs -> Ti..Ne..Si..Fe
    ENTPs -> Ne..Ti...Fe..Si

you classify both as "circumspective harmonicists"...im not sure i fully agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My one question right now deals with function order.

I totally see what you're doing and why you've grouped certain types. But what happens to function order and how does that impact manifestation? Do the types look at all the same? Is the grouping helpful in a practical sense?

SFJ/NTP, for example, has the Ne/Si pair involved.
    But for ENTPs, the function order is Ne/x/x/Si, while for INTPs it's x/Ne/Si/x.
    Does this impact how the functions get used?
    And can you truly group Si/x/x/Ne with x/Ne/Si/x and say they are similar?
    Function position changes role, changes how the personalities appear and operate.

(Serious questions, these are the ones I am thinking about right now.)
    Yes, they could be broken down further to distinguish the order the functions fall into. In fact, that's partially how it is for the Romance Styles (notice the two names for each. One is for one process in the preferred position, and the other is for the tandem mate in the prefered position).

But my idea was just to start by categorizing the types by common processes. It could always be broken down further later, if need be. INTP and ENTP are of course still very close, cognitively. (E/I is the least important dichotomy). ENTP and ESFJ and INTP and ISFJ are also rather close. And then the opposites, ENTP/ISFJ and INTP/ESFJ still have more in common cognitively than any of them do with NTJ's or SFP's. Or even the types partially compatible, such as NFJ's, NFP,s STJ's, and STP's.

As I see people often weighing between J and P, it would be helpful to focus on broader categories such as those to help determine which they fall into, or in looking at which other types are more compatible.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas