• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J/P and the Dominant Function

deleted
My function program, the one I just updated, says you are an ISFP. You should read up on ISFP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Can you run it on PC? It requires 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM and 128MB video RAM.

I have 1.6 GHz, 2 GB Ram, and I'm not positive about the video RAM, but judging from the 1.6 GHz frequency, I probably can't.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or do what lemons says. *pokes lemons*

Kuro

My function program, the one I just updated, says you are an ISFP. You should read up on ISFP.

ISFP is a total mismatch with me. Actually I discarded S from the very beginning. INFP sounds more suitable than ISFP anyway.

Yup I'm a dreamer and idealist, so I can't see how the practical and grounded S fits me. If I sound practical, it is because I learned it from other people.

I don't know which part of me makes me sounds like a F. I don't say I'm not because in the first moment I knew MBTI, I chose F too. But maybe because it sounds great to be a gentle girl, decent lady, whatever. Or because I love arts, and artists are supposed to be F.

Wait, can childhood be a good reference on what you are?

Kuro

=/

But I forget everything.

I just remember I was told that I cannot control my temper, which in my opinion I was just excited. I was told that I was detached and always ran away from groups and did things alone. I was told that I should talk in a more subtle way but I thought, why bother as long as I wasn't lying? But I remember occasional tantrums tho.

But, what does this indicates?

redacted

J (Judging) means prefer having things done, making a decision. P (Perceiving) means prefer leaving options open, delaying decision making as late as possible.

So I suppose a J will have their decision making function as their dominant function, while P will have their information-gathering function as their dominant function.

This is applicable to Extroverts. But why things are opposite for Introverts?

Thanks.

It's just the way J and P are defined. They signify what kind of function is your first extroverted function. If they had defined it differently (switched for introverts), it's not like any information is gained.

It's just an arbitrary definition for signifying function usage. That is all.

deleted
I don't mean to be redundant by my program, but I made another update (more of a large bug fix) and your type comes out as INTP. Hope that means something more.

Kuro

I don't mean to be redundant by my program, but I made another update (more of a large bug fix) and your type comes out as INTP. Hope that means something more.

But quite a number of you say I'm F, so I don't want to rule this out just because your program.

Actually merely knowing my type is not what I want. I want to know my type, and HOW my type relate me to the MBTI system. But it seems that people just repeat "you are a F" and... That's all!

And my previously raised questions aren't answered. I don't bloody care whatever my type is, but please tell me that my type, the profile and how I really am can be plugged into the whole MBTI system.

Thanks anyway.