User Tag List

12 Last

deleted

Question If you were a different type...

....(say the exact opposite) do you believe you would be any smarter or dumber based on your skills and/or areas of intelligence, or do you think you would cope just as easily with what you had?

For instance, let's say you are a musical genius and an ENFP. If you were an ISTJ, would you still be a musical genius, and how would your similarity of talent portray you differently, or perhaps a hint of your lacking of talent portraying a shadow that affected your behavior in a similar model?

It's kind of a 5 dimensional question, you can handle it.

MBTI
    I

As an ENFJ, I would be smarter in some areas, and dumber in others. But overall, I would probably say it wouldn't really change significantly. It's a different type of intelligence that changes, but overall I say I would remain the same, as far as total intelligence is concerned.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think my skills like that would change very much. The whole "musical genius" example. I do however think that if I were an ESTJ then I would have a lot of trouble being empathetic, and that's my top skill I'd say. Me wanting to be a psychologist... That would be a huge problem for me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i so can't imagine being the same person with the same skill set if i were a different type.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i so can't imagine being the same person with the same skill set if i were a different type.
    Ditto.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

If I were opposite type, I'd be more dumb, but of course, I'd have strengths which I don't have now (though I think they'd be futile)

garbage

No, I probably wouldn't lead and mobilize organizations, think critically, understand computers and other systems as if they were another appendage, or organize and categorize for efficiency's sake if I were a very different type. I'm drawn to these things because they come naturally to me and I get a lot of satisfaction from them, which wouldn't happen if my natural talents were very different.

However, most everything I do revolves around psychology. As a different type with a different base skillset, I could likely approach the same field but from a very different angle.

.. and I'd have a lot more fun as an ISFP

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd prolly be more succesfull careerwise, and fit more in with society and its demands. However, other, more spiritual parts of my life would be non-existent, as would be my interest in the studies I'm currently following. I'd prolly have a higher IQ but maybe less of an EQ. It would balance out, I'm sure.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

As an ENTJ? I guess I'd get a lot more done.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, I don't think I would be smarter as an INTJ.
    I would definitely have different interests in different areas and would have to change my life completely.
    (Ever seen an INTJ nurse??)
    My academic subjects of interest are some of the hard sciences, (biology, chemistry, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology)
    and psychology, health and nutrition, and some of the more visual maths (trig and geometry) which I don't get to practice but its handy to be good at
    and then the nursing itself of course

I imagine if I was INTJ my smarts wouldn't be in those fields because they are all related to people in some way. (Except for the maths)
    I may be more interested in abstract topics that are even harder to grasp, and may even want to study them for mere academic purposes, rather than need to have some application to life- (physics, calculus, history, ) and I might be into engineering or something.

So yea, smart now-smart as an INTJ, but in a different way.