• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you were a different type...

deleted
....(say the exact opposite) do you believe you would be any smarter or dumber based on your skills and/or areas of intelligence, or do you think you would cope just as easily with what you had?

For instance, let's say you are a musical genius and an ENFP. If you were an ISTJ, would you still be a musical genius, and how would your similarity of talent portray you differently, or perhaps a hint of your lacking of talent portraying a shadow that affected your behavior in a similar model?

It's kind of a 5 dimensional question, you can handle it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
As an ENFJ, I would be smarter in some areas, and dumber in others. But overall, I would probably say it wouldn't really change significantly. It's a different type of intelligence that changes, but overall I say I would remain the same, as far as total intelligence is concerned.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think my skills like that would change very much. The whole "musical genius" example. I do however think that if I were an ESTJ then I would have a lot of trouble being empathetic, and that's my top skill I'd say. Me wanting to be a psychologist... That would be a huge problem for me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i so can't imagine being the same person with the same skill set if i were a different type.

Gauche

If I were opposite type, I'd be more dumb, but of course, I'd have strengths which I don't have now (though I think they'd be futile)

G

garbage

No, I probably wouldn't lead and mobilize organizations, think critically, understand computers and other systems as if they were another appendage, or organize and categorize for efficiency's sake if I were a very different type. I'm drawn to these things because they come naturally to me and I get a lot of satisfaction from them, which wouldn't happen if my natural talents were very different.

However, most everything I do revolves around psychology. As a different type with a different base skillset, I could likely approach the same field but from a very different angle.

.. and I'd have a lot more fun as an ISFP ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd prolly be more succesfull careerwise, and fit more in with society and its demands. However, other, more spiritual parts of my life would be non-existent, as would be my interest in the studies I'm currently following. I'd prolly have a higher IQ but maybe less of an EQ. It would balance out, I'm sure.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I don't think I would be smarter as an INTJ.
I would definitely have different interests in different areas and would have to change my life completely.
(Ever seen an INTJ nurse??)
My academic subjects of interest are some of the hard sciences, (biology, chemistry, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology)
and psychology, health and nutrition, and some of the more visual maths (trig and geometry) which I don't get to practice but its handy to be good at
and then the nursing itself of course

I imagine if I was INTJ my smarts wouldn't be in those fields because they are all related to people in some way. (Except for the maths)
I may be more interested in abstract topics that are even harder to grasp, and may even want to study them for mere academic purposes, rather than need to have some application to life- (physics, calculus, history, ) and I might be into engineering or something.

So yea, smart now-smart as an INTJ, but in a different way.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'd prolly be more succesfull careerwise, and fit more in with society and its demands. However, other, more spiritual parts of my life would be non-existent, as would be my interest in the studies I'm currently following. I'd prolly have a higher IQ but maybe less of an EQ. It would balance out, I'm sure.

Same, I would definately get a whole lot more done and probably be alot more successful than I am now, but I wouldn't be interested in the things I love now, and I'm not sure I would be happy giving up those things.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't imagine being a real ESTJ. I wouldn't be the same at all. Some how I think life would be some what easier. I wouldn't be the awkard bugger I am now. I'd be sporty probably, and probably join the police or army. I would hope I would stay about the same intelligence, but my strengths would be completely different. I wouldn't think nearly as deeply...that would be strange.