• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and their respective high school personas...

KDude

Why did Darth Vader want to the rule the universe? I guess we'll never know..

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I was quiet, even within a circle of people. But I did become bombastic when I argue. I also realised that I can rationalise away whatever was my fault onto others, including my so-called "friend". I thought of that friendship as nothing more than a business partnership, which annoyed that friend to no end. Nevertheless, we seem to have gone along well, oddly...She was quite open with people [perhaps a ENTJ!].

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm in a stereotyping mood today, so don't mind me. Just making a few more nicknames. Don't worry, I'll hate all types equally:

SJs
This is the group that the principals and teachers love. They are the example setters for the rest of the school to follow. They are the smart ones who study hard and probably will be voted as "Most Likely to Succeed."

ESTJ: The Valedictorian
The ultimate example setter for an American male teen. People admire this type for being practically good at everything. They get good grades, are socially active, and are generally attractive and charming. Usually very mature for their age, because they know how to set limits for themselves. However, they are often intolerant of those who don't conform.

ISTJ: The Hall Monitor
These people are similar to the ESTJs, but quieter. They often do well in school, are well-rounded, and possibly active in extracurricular activities. May be independent, but will conform if it helps them meet a strategic goal. They are probably the most uptight. However, like the ESTJ, they are critical of the others who don't conform to the established ideals.

ESFJ: The Preppy
The model student for an American female teen. Interested in makeup, clothing, and anything trendy, usually to appear more socially desirable. Therefore, they seem to be interested in all kinds of music, movies, and other forms of entertainment. They like small dogs, say "Ewww!!!" a lot, and they're afraid of spiders and Goth kids.

ISFJ: The Doormat
The ultimate loyal followers. Whatever "group" they are affiliated with, they will be unbending to its cause. Goes along with other people's plans lest it damage their friendships. They are often chameleons -- they do things because their friends do it, and they are generally very effective at it.

SPs
This is the group that the principals and teachers hate because they are hard to discipline. They rebel for the sole purpose of enjoyment. Although they cause trouble, they have a reasonably easy time getting out of it. For this reason, the intelligence of this group is often underestimated.

ESTP: The Jock
Like the ESTJ, the ESTP is handsome and charming in appearance, but is more of a free spirit. The ESTP's goal is probably more geared toward their chosen interest for the pure enjoyment rather than setting an example. Hence, the ESTP won't hesitate if he enjoys a more underground life. The ESTP is perceived as either the "star" or the "bully." The ESTP is liked for his "bad boy" persona.

ISTP: The Warrior
Somewhat like the ESTP, but quieter. This type is highly skilled with mechanical things, and possibly a math whiz. People are probably drawn to this type because of his mysterious aura. A male ISTP will quite possibly be perceived by women as "sexy" because of his graceful movements in performance. His earthiness plus enigma makes his appeal possibly even more intense than the ESTP. The ISTP is both smart and practical.

ESFP: The Hedonist
Here we have the ultimate fun and pleasure seeker who loves life and the people within it. Probably the most impulsive type and most likely to be diagnosed with ADHD. They enjoy exploring the world for the pleasure in of itself. Always makes the best of things, and is arguably the happiest of all types.

ISFP: The Art Connoisseur
Like the ESFP, appreciates aesthetic experiences, but is more personal. This often leads the ISFP to display an independent streak and a knack for artistic performance. And so, this type is more likely to be involved in artistic performance such as dance, modeling, or painting. Displays a subtle flamboyancy and quiet narcissism. Others accuse this type as being snobby.

NTs
People of this group are, much like the SPs, overlooked for their intelligence. However, while the SPs are perceived as being hyperactive, the NTs are perceived as socially dysfunctional in one way or another.

ENTJ: The Punk
This type likely to be perceived as the ESTJ's deviant twin. Rather than conforming, the ENTJ is highly critical of the status quo and has no fear of expressing and acting upon it in the world. Here we have the original visionary pioneer or unforgiving misanthrope. Very simply, the ENTJ does not take things the way they are. The ENTJ may also seem like the ESTP, either a jock or a bully. If a jock, the ENTJ sees a strategic purpose behind it, while the ESTP sees enjoyment. If a bully, while the ESTP may simply enjoy teasing others for fun, the ENTJ acts out of vengeance.

INTJ: The Rebel
Think of the INTJ as an ENTJ on the inside. This means that an INTJ probably has similar values as the ENTJ, but unlike the ENTJ, the INTJ has a certain lack of confidence, and so lives their visions in their internal world. INTJs likely have a vision of a change, but has less confidence in applying it. And where the ENTJ is confident about standing up to enemies, perhaps dreaming up and applying creative methods of defeat, the INTJ lives it in his/her mind.

ENTP: The Joker
The ENTP is the original goofball and ultimate punster. The ENTP can be extremely inventive and have unique off-the-wall ideas, but most types dismiss them as being ridiculous. The ENTP is likely perceived as an underachiever and possibly even stupid and obnoxious. And so, despite being Extraverts, they are sometimes not particularly socially desirable. Others perceive them as entertaining, funny, and all around good company, but ultimately superficial.

INTP: The Know-it-all
The INTP is the one who is book-smart and deeply knowledgeable. They are collectors of trivia regardless of its practicality. They are likely to have esoteric interests or otherwise interests atypical of others in their age group. Like other NTs, and especially the ENTP, the INTP likely has a unique, quirky sense of humor. They are usually intellectually playful, but have trouble taking things seriously. They lack the awareness of social cues, such as how they come across to others, but like other NTs, they often don't care.

NFs

ENFJ: The Trend Setter
These are the world's humanistic idealists. They are often very artistic in their approach; they are often funky dressers or else have their own unique way of expressing themselves. The ENFJ is both conservative in that they like order, but also unconventional in their style and views. This is why practically every type is drawn to the ENFJ. Their innovations are masked by their outer seductiveness, whether they realize it or not.

INFJ: The Romantic
On the inside, this type is similar to the INTJ, but the persona they show to the world couldn't be more different. Where the INTJ is the critic (or misanthrope) who sometimes comes off as a jerk, the INFJ is much more pleasant on the outside. They somewhat resemble the ISFJ in that they are often used as "doormats" because they don't wish to damage their relationships. True also, that both the INFJ and ISFJ can be insecure, but where the ISFJ generally sweeps their inner processes under the rug, the INFJ sweeps their outer perceptions under the rug in favor of walking their inner landscape where they live their unconscious desires.

ENFP: The Drama Queen
At first glance, the ENFP may seem like the ESFP, but where the ESFP is a dramatic realist, the ENFP is the dramatic idealist (hence their nickname). Where ESFPs are their own personalities, the ENFP dreams of an idealized sense of self, which could lead them to be either fantastic actors and actresses or cunning manipulators. The ENFP's habit of idealizing the self and the world around around them place a risk of confusing their own reality. And so the ENFP is deep in the sense that they are perceptive and can create a fantasy out of world around them, a gift that could make them into astonishing storytellers (or pathological liars), but also shallow in that they may lose their own true identity.

INFP: The Pagan
A quiet form of the ENFP. They share the ENFP's trait of idealizing the outer world and leading their own path, but they have better balance between the outer world and their own inner reflection. The INFP shares rich personal ideals with the ISFP and an active fantasy life with the ENFP. But where the ISFP's ideals are mostly geared around physicality (comfort and beauty), the INFP's ideals are often unattainable in present physical reality, and can only be lived through imagination, which they have a desire to express through an artistic media. Their easy-going yet dreamy, ethereal nature leads the typical INFP to be perceived as the "Pagan" wanderer.

you have ENFP and ENFJ switched :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think he has ENFP and ENFJ just right.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he has ENFP and ENFJ just right.

I guess you're right. ENFPs have several high school stereotypes under their belts
1) the drama queen
2) the trend setter
3) the star
4) the class clown
5) the rake/player

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My bff from high school is ENFJ, and she fits that description, and I was like a cross between ENFP and INFP descriptions.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i fit the intp description a little more, i was more social and bitchier in high school. me and my enfp & isfp best friends just talked a lot of shit.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I guess you're right. ENFPs have several high school stereotypes under their belts
1) the drama queen
2) the trend setter
3) the star
4) the class clown
5) the rake/player

1 - Enneagram Four; 2 - 3w2; 3 - 3w4; 4 - 7w6; 5 - 7w8

Howzat sound? :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4w5- the emo kid
1w9- the political activist
4w3- the theatre kid
5w4- the intellectual kid
5w6- the nerd
1w2- the over achiever
7w6- the class clown
7w8- the prankster
2w1- the band geek
2w3- the gossip queen
6w7- the crowd follower
6w5- the shy guy
cp 6- the skateboarder
9w1- the book worm
9w8- the pot head
8w7- the delinquent
3w2- the cheerleader/jock
3w4- the prep
8w9- the kid who thinks he's an adult

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was ridiculously unpopular starting the second year in junior high until my last day in junior high (age 14 to 16). Even hated.
Wasn't treated very well. Up until then I had been the most popular kid in my school and i'm not lying when I say that girls from my entire town was drooling and literally stalking me.
By the age of 14 I had had way too many sexual invites, even from older girls. I'm honest now, I did not understand all the fairly obvious hinting and smiling. Perhaps I offended them?
I don't really know what happened, it was probably some power struggle or something, where I was seen as a threat by some other popular but more mean person.
I was way innocent back then, so I didn't even realize it was a contest. Now that i'm older that seems like the only explanation, I was never mean to anyone. I've always been too kind, if anything.
High school was in town, and I had come there from a little suburban school with a total of 61 kids. My new school had a much harsher social climate and was much bigger.

To be honest, I was mostly annoyed by being liked for my looks. It's all so superficial and I was in love with the same girl for three years, all my admirers didn't make stuff better.
It sounds so freaking odd to say that. I'd totally want that attention now that I don't have it.
But anyway, I just moved away from my home town. That place will be forever tainted to me.
People there will always view me in that light, even if I broke out of it and became at least somewhat popular among my friends and acquaintances again from age 17 and onwards.
I had to gain that through beating people up. I didn't want to, but I had to. They were really mean towards me and others. After that I became more feared than loved, but it was a little bit more peaceful.

Getting ostracized by literally everyone (even my best friend cut me loose), immensely backtalked/trashtalked, publicly humiliated, and otherwise mentally abused by almost everyone in my vicinity for years (including some teachers) was really not my idea of fun.
They tried to get physical with me, but i've always been strong and fast. Funny that the good-looking kid who's better than everyone in sports get treated like that. It's not very stereotypical, right?
It didn't come without benefits, though. I became a total nerd, in terms of interests, and I learned even more to value personality instead of exterior.
This post is hugely emo, but healing that particular shit will take a long time.
It effectively colored ten years of my life, until two months ago when I left it for good. I feel like I will flourish here, far away from where that shit ruled my world.
I'm already losing weight and gaining good habits that I used to be too depressed to deal with. Like many depressed people, I got lazy and fat.
Even if I had a lot of muscles because of work and lifting weights later on, i've been too chubby to look my best since I was 16. No girls swooning for me now.
I'm not who I could have been, but what the heck. If life hadn't challenged me, I probably would have been worse in the end.
Yeah, I do reckon that can be a good thing, since i'm not really much for superficial attention. I just want one person who loves me for who I am, not how I look.
It took moving here to realize that I was still depressed, just in another layer of it all. You can't say I was ever really defeated, but I sure as hell was worn out and lulled into accepting shit as normal.
I still lived in that paradigm, where I had had to fight bloody hard for everything. Can't say I really "conquered" anything... Not like in the movies.
But i'm kind of proud of that I even finished school with OK grades, that I got a couple of fairly good jobs and that I didn't kill anyone because of this. But like I said, i'm too kind.

It's only in the last few months, now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel, that I have started to become "myself" again.
The older and hopefully wiser version of who I used to be when I was a kid.
He's been gone far too long, and it's nice that things are starting to return to the way they are supposed to be.
This is a huge reason that I changed my type to ENFJ, since that is what I was, and that is what I am turning back to being now that my environment isn't hostile anymore.

Fi-loaded post there, but it was therapeutic ^^

I was definitely not the "Trend Setter" for more than a year during High School, anyway.
But during my popular year, people actually did try to imitate my hairstyle and took to wearing my kind of clothes. Guess they were pretty unusual.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I was ridiculously unpopular starting the second year in junior high until my last day in junior high (age 14 to 16). Even hated.
Wasn't treated very well. Up until then I had been the most popular kid in my school and i'm not lying when I say that girls from my entire town was drooling and literally stalking me.
By the age of 14 I had had way too many sexual invites, even from older girls. I'm honest now, I did not understand all the fairly obvious hinting and smiling. Perhaps I offended them?
I don't really know what happened, it was probably some power struggle or something, where I was seen as a threat by some other popular but more mean person.
I was way innocent back then, so I didn't even realize it was a contest. Now that i'm older that seems like the only explanation, I was never mean to anyone. I've always been too kind, if anything.
High school was in town, and I had come there from a little suburban school with a total of 61 kids. My new school had a much harsher social climate and was much bigger.

To be honest, I was mostly annoyed by being liked for my looks. It's all so superficial and I was in love with the same girl for three years, all my admirers didn't make stuff better.
It sounds so freaking odd to say that. I'd totally want that attention now that I don't have it.
But anyway, I just moved away from my home town. That place will be forever tainted to me.
People there will always view me in that light, even if I broke out of it and became at least somewhat popular among my friends and acquaintances again from age 17 and onwards.
I had to gain that through beating people up. I didn't want to, but I had to. They were really mean towards me and others. After that I became more feared than loved, but it was a little bit more peaceful.

Getting ostracized by literally everyone (even my best friend cut me loose), immensely backtalked/trashtalked, publicly humiliated, and otherwise mentally abused by almost everyone in my vicinity for years (including some teachers) was really not my idea of fun.
They tried to get physical with me, but i've always been strong and fast. Funny that the good-looking kid who's better than everyone in sports get treated like that. It's not very stereotypical, right?
It didn't come without benefits, though. I became a total nerd, in terms of interests, and I learned even more to value personality instead of exterior.
This post is hugely emo, but healing that particular shit will take a long time.
It effectively colored ten years of my life, until two months ago when I left it for good. I feel like I will flourish here, far away from where that shit ruled my world.
I'm already losing weight and gaining good habits that I used to be too depressed to deal with. Like many depressed people, I got lazy and fat.
Even if I had a lot of muscles because of work and lifting weights later on, i've been too chubby to look my best since I was 16. No girls swooning for me now.
I'm not who I could have been, but what the heck. If life hadn't challenged me, I probably would have been worse in the end.
Yeah, I do reckon that can be a good thing, since i'm not really much for superficial attention. I just want one person who loves me for who I am, not how I look.
It took moving here to realize that I was still depressed, just in another layer of it all. You can't say I was ever really defeated, but I sure as hell was worn out and lulled into accepting shit as normal.
I still lived in that paradigm, where I had had to fight bloody hard for everything. Can't say I really "conquered" anything... Not like in the movies.
But i'm kind of proud of that I even finished school with OK grades, that I got a couple of fairly good jobs and that I didn't kill anyone because of this. But like I said, i'm too kind.

It's only in the last few months, now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel, that I have started to become "myself" again.
The older and hopefully wiser version of who I used to be when I was a kid.
He's been gone far too long, and it's nice that things are starting to return to the way they are supposed to be.
This is a huge reason that I changed my type to ENFJ, since that is what I was, and that is what I am turning back to being now that my environment isn't hostile anymore.

Fi-loaded post there, but it was therapeutic ^^

I was definitely not the "Trend Setter" for more than a year during High School, anyway.
But during my popular year, people actually did try to imitate my hairstyle and took to wearing my kind of clothes. Guess they were pretty unusual.

I can feel with you. Just for you to know, it doesn't sound emo imho; I think if someone is treated like that, it's his simple right to at least rant about it in the internet. I would have beat them up frequently for fun, actually.
Weirdly, I'm kinda the opposite though; Although I'm a introverted nerd, I never had problems people to get to like me at school, though I were never some kind of trendsetter. Guess popularity at schools really is mostly about luck....
Anyway, I honestly hope for you that you'll be treated better in future. I hate nothing more than decent people getting mistreated, it almost makes me rage everytime I see or hear that.

Does my try at Fe sound good?^^

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can feel with you. Just for you to know, it doesn't sound emo imho; I think if someone is treated like that, it's his simple right to at least rant about it in the internet. I would have beat them up frequently for fun, actually.
Weirdly, I'm kinda the opposite though; Although I'm a introverted nerd, I never had problems people to get to like me at school, though I were never some kind of trendsetter. Guess popularity at schools really is mostly about luck....
Anyway, I honestly hope for you that you'll be treated better in future. I hate nothing more than decent people getting mistreated, it almost makes me rage everytime I see or hear that.
Does my try at Fe sound good?^^

actually, this sounds more like Fi, particularly the part in bold

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How exactly does this, especially the bolded, sound less like Fe?

It sounds like Fe, but it also sounds more like Fi. the bold part in particular refers to a visceral response to a violated ethical conviction. this response shows strong levels of Fi

Noon

It sounds like Fe, but it also sounds more like Fi. the bold part in particular refers to a visceral response to a violated ethical conviction. this response shows strong levels of Fi

Ah, I get (understand) you now.

But do you think that Ti/Fe types, especially primary Ti types, can or can't be morally outraged over social cliquishness or injustice? It seems like it'd be something common with inferior Fe especially.

(Though before anyone jumps on me, this isn't to say it's strictly a type thing)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But do you think that Ti/Fe types, especially primary Ti types, can or can't be morally outraged over social cliquishness or injustice? It seems like it'd be something common with inferior Fe especially.

(Though before anyone jumps on me, this isn't to say it's strictly a type thing)

I'm not going to jump on you lol :hug:
but I do believe TPs and FJs can still have strong Fi, it's just more unusual.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I agree with Elfboy's diagnosis. I'm not sure I have seen the same kind of moral outrage in Ti-doms. My INTP, for instance, is big on fairness and treating people kindly, but he seems to value it because it makes everything work out better. In other words, his focus is on effective interactions so everyone can get more done. I, on the other hand, experience more of the visceral response that Elfboy describes. So, we seek the same outcome, but from somewhat different motivations/perspectives.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I agree with Elfboy's diagnosis. I'm not sure I have seen the same kind of moral outrage in Ti-doms. My INTP, for instance, is big on fairness and treating people kindly, but he seems to value it because it makes everything work out better. In other words, his focus is on effective interactions so everyone can get more done. I, on the other hand, experience more of the visceral response that Elfboy describes. So, we seek the same outcome, but from somewhat different motivations/perspectives.

Isn't it quite usual for INTPs to have a knight-in-shining-armor-complex? Though it's maybe a bit unusual to have that also outside of a relationship.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Isn't it quite usual for INTPs to have a knight-in-shining-armor-complex? Though it's maybe a bit unusual to have that also outside of a relationship.
It is, and that's not what they do, at least IME. What I see is quietly consistent fair/honest/courteous behavior, guided by principles the INTP may not even be able to articulate. I also see a surprising digging-in of their heels when a few key principles are violated. There is an emphasis on the INTP's own behavior, rather than any attempt to get others to do "the right thing". No preaching, crusading, not much emotion, even; but the INTP can be good at setting an example. My own Fi, by contrast, charges my morality with much more emotion, and a more activist bent, which I take care to curb where inappropriate.

Perhaps fairness and basic courtesy is part of an INTP's Ti concept of the world, so violations of that stand out as wrong, and require correction. It is almost that they know it is wrong rather than that they feel it is wrong. The Fe influence, to the degree present, probably reflects some appreciation of the effect of actions on others, one's own actions, or those of other people. There may be some Si influence as well. At least I see it in my INTP, who often uses his own upbringing, values taught, etc. as a starting point. Injustice and cruelty are just "not the way things are supposed to be done". I am no expert on functions, and I suspect the interplay among functions here is significant.

Noon

It seems to vary from person to person.

I've witnessed NTPs very loudly express their strong responses to what violates their principles of integrity and intellectual honesty as well as what they consider bad social norms and values. I think how visceral the response is, is most related to how strongly it sets off one of your own unique (non-functional) emotional triggers.

I just expect that someone with an Fi preference might be more inclined to comfortably admit the strength or depth of an emotional reaction and its role in their argument.

It is, and that's not what they do, at least IME. What I see is quietly consistent fair/honest/courteous behavior, guided by principles the INTP may not even be able to articulate. I also see a surprising digging-in of their heels when a few key principles are violated. There is an emphasis on the INTP's own behavior, rather than any attempt to get others to do "the right thing". No preaching, crusading, not much emotion, even; but the INTP can be good at setting an example. My own Fi, by contrast, charges my morality with much more emotion, and a more activist bent, which I take care to curb where inappropriate.

Here is where I guess temperament is at play. Most IPs tend to be quiet individualists who value their own autonomy so strongly that they are careful to respect or not infringe upon the autonomy of others (via preaching, for example). Even IFPs are commonly said to be quite tolerant, likely to lead primarily by example and are unlikely to fiercely rally against something unless it is a matter of transcendent right and wrong that demands action. I would say that ITPs can similarly rise to action to defend something as important (perhaps dealing with universal principles of truth and intellectual freedom) with strong conviction.

There is also that most IPs are BtS. An ENFJ might be far more preachy and pro-active about their values -- even without emotion -- despite not having an Fi preference.