Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    what were other INTJs like in high school?
    I was the type who was always perceived as weird, even before high school. My interests were never typical for people my age. I was very insecure and a frequent victim of bullying. But I guess in the 11th grade or so, I began looking at this as something to be proud of.

I became a counter-culture icon of sorts, but not the "us against them" sort like Goths against jocks and whatnot. I was more of my own person. I didn't dress in any established way -- I mostly wore normal clothes. Although, early on, I did take the liberty of buying clothes the other kids wore just to fit in more (expensive designer clothing), but when that didn't work, I just sorta went my own way. I was a rebel, though not a member of a rebel group, but sort of the black sheep.

And towards my senior year, when people signed my yearbook, people claimed to admire my unique way of looking at things and my ability to intellectualize in a unique way.

In terms of academic performance, though, I did quite poorly in school. I was an underachiever. Unfortunately, I couldn't study the subjects that interested me in high school because the majority of the time, I was in the special ed program because of my perceived social difficulties. So my intellect wasn't used to its fullest potential. Oh yes, I was very misunderstood.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

ISTJ: The Hall Monitor
    These people are similar to the ESTJs, but quieter. They often do well in school, are well-rounded, and possibly active in extracurricular activities. May be independent, but will conform if it helps them meet a strategic goal. They are probably the most uptight. However, like the ESTJ, they are critical of the others who don't conform to the established ideals.
    Yup, that's me...however, I might consider myself one of the more idependent varieties. I played sports and whatnot, but I wasn't part of the whole click society, and while I was on friendly speaking terms with everyone I really just had 2 or 3 people I would consider close friends. Also, I think I might have had a secret admiration for those that didn't conform to the established ideals (those that just did their own thing). Really, the only ones I might be critical towards is the "rebel without a cause types" that simply rebel just for the sake of being difficult and causing a scene when there is no need for one. ISTJ's can be pretty rigid and like to follow rules/norms, but that does not mean we don't have the ability to think for ourselves. In general, if we see room for improvement or injustice of sorts we are perfectly capable of rebelling or instigating change.

High school is never really about learning properly the way most N’s want – which I why I hated it. It’s a stream of requirements to meet, with some hopeful supposition that you’ll make the best out of the whole experience. IMO, it takes up too much time, where students could be off doing their own things and getting genuinely interested in subjects and careers, instead of readying themselves for a cookie cutter position to guarantee a safe but boring life in the future…

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    what were other INTJs like in high school?
    I was quiet and unobtrusive, fluctuating between underachiever and B student. At the start of the year I would be social, but by the end I made an effort to never speak unless I was talking to a close friend. How it usually went: Be outgoing during a fresh year, get a rep as being really random and witty, get urged into a clique of associates, be perceived as arrogant and strange by them for not being as outgoing as they’ve heard (obviously I chime down in competitive group situation, where everyone is trying to throw in a witty remark, blatant making fun, etc), as a result become even more introverted, and by the last chunk of the year, remove myself from group, sustain contact with whoever didn’t reject me (usually a select few close friends as unsocial as myself).

"A want fastened, wants annihilation."

MBTI
    INTP

Both the ENTP + INTP description fit fairly well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Both the ENTP + INTP description fit fairly well.
    And which one are you?

INTJ: The Rebel
    Think of the INTJ as an ENTJ on the inside. This means that an INTJ probably has similar values as the ENTJ, but unlike the ENTJ, the INTJ has a certain lack of confidence, and so lives their visions in their internal world. INTJs likely have a vision of a change, but has less confidence in applying it. And where the ENTJ is confident about standing up to enemies, perhaps dreaming up and applying creative methods of defeat, the INTJ lives it in his/her mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus
    Doesn't chime with my experience of secondary school - or, indeed, life - at all, but feel free to continue to stereotype if it makes you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer
    Hmmm, then maybe you can help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer
    I was the type who was always perceived as...
    So what you've created is a vision of an INTJ based on your own character. This is deeply ironic, not least because you seem to consider yourself to exist in a bubble that removes personalisation and sentimentalism from your thinking/posts.

Any exercise at stereotyping in the manner you've attempted is - in my humble opinion - doomed to failure. I exhibited characteristics that were the exact opposite of those you described; this does not make me more of an INTJ, or you less of one. TBSG'sTM are pointless.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    So what you've created is a vision of an INTJ based on your own character.
    Not exactly, more based on Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

Or Ernst Stavro Blofeld, or The Bride in Kill Bill.

I am saying that conceptualizing a master plan within the mind is exactly what Ni does, especially when aided by Te.

And don't start with any bullshit that "evil" people are not able to be typed -- evil is only a point of view. Barring the "mentally unstable" from being typed is sort of dehumanizing, don't you think?

Making a methodical plan for everything from shooting up a high school to a long-term business plan is the exact same principle. And it's only "evil" and "unhealthy" in society's eyes.

And without the connections or resources to make a dream happen, the dream can only be lived in the mind. The generic INTJ typically has fewer resources than the ENTJ because their Introversion preference makes them less outgoing.

And yes, this is pointless. Much like politics, it's nonsensical, but it's amusing. It's a message board, what do you expect? :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Not exactly, ...
    If youre actually going to create something that is sort of useful for people, or sort of an interesting way to describe high school, you'll need to base the descriptions on what all the people of a certain type act like, not just a small group that seems the coolest or that is personally liked (or any other category of people where the numbers are reduced down from everyone in the category.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    If youre actually going to create something that is sort of useful for people, or sort of an interesting way to describe high school, you'll need to base the descriptions on what all the people of a certain type act like, not just a small group that seems the coolest or that is personally liked (or any other category of people where the numbers are reduced down from everyone in the category.)
    Who said I was trying to be useful? Jesus, this is a message board about a theory. Usefulness isn't useful here.

If you want to make yourself useful, maybe you can enlighten me with your perspective instead of bashing me, because until then, you are just as clueless as you accuse me of being.

Why in God's name does anyone get upset about this? The whole idea of typewatching revolves around dividing and placing 6 billion people into 16 boxes. For that reason, should anything any of us post on these boards be taken seriously? Everyone seems to have lost their sense of humor.

(Also, there is that PC issue of depreciating one's own type.)

MBTI
    INTP

I would've thought the Dutch SP would've been the first to be kicked out! (Marijuana and prostitution is not legal everywhere, you know!)

Swedish athletes are probably not ESTJs, but repressed ExFJs. Very tradition- and family-oriented, those Swedes are!
    The Dutch boy was not very Dutch. He was only a little Dutch. His name was Kaas. Kaas is Dutch and it means Cheese.
    Nobody had heard of marijuana those days. This was the 50s. Marijuana came first in the 60s.
    In 1970 I cultivated marijuana on my bedroom window sill. But it was not my weed.
    The thing belonged to a poet who lived in the same house.
    Sometimes the poet came to my bedroom to see how the weed is growing. Otherwise I met him in the cafe.
    He was hard up. It was not easy to be a poet and the same time earn a lot of money. Therefore he was a free lance journalist. He used to write articles about police brutality.

The Swedish boy was truly an ESTJ. Although he was a child he had the size and the strength of an adult. He was very attached to the family estate in the country.
    Those ESTJ children grow up early. They are never really playful.
    They are serious and matter of fact and they have a sombre mien.