User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Well, she does have a buddy in Japan, and another in Australia...dunno if that counts as "Famous".
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Is Ivy internationally famous?

Remember, Jen, there is method to the madness... or at least ambitious Te.
    Think of me as pre-famous.

One day I'll be the mother of the only brother-sister team of bulemic murderers.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Then one day I will be the one to type you!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...One day I'll be the mother of the only brother-sister team of bulemic murderers.
    "News at Nine: Massacre at the Old Country Buffet -- Is the Mother to Blame????!"

I still think you could take Nancy Grace, though. She's just blusterous.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "News at Nine: Massacre at the Old Country Buffet -- Is the Mother to Blame????!"

I still think you could take Nancy Grace, though. She's just blusterous.
    It would be fun! I'd love to tear some hair out of that helmet she wears at all times.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP

One day I'll be the mother of the only brother-sister team of bulemic murderers.
    They could be cannibulimics - like a Dahmer/Olsen Twins mashup, if you will.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Great thread!

I always have doubt whether I fit in that ISFJ mother description. I mean whether I'm really as nice as a typical ISFJ mother. My kids adore me though ...

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    Great thread!

I always have doubt whether I fit in that ISFJ mother description. I mean whether I'm really as nice as a typical ISFJ mother.
    no one's the perfect mom all the time. everyone gets stressed and frustrated. even 'typical ISFJ" moms. it's how you are the majority of the time that matters.

i mean, as long as you aren't smashing a plate over their heads when they don't finish eating their veggies when you get frustrated, then the majority of the time.

My kids adore me though ...
    sounds like you're doing fine!

meh, as long as kids aren't adoring their parents because they always get their way, or because they aren't being given boundaries, then it's a great sign.

i'm sure you don't do that, of course, just saying that it's sad in general when that happens. the mom thinks the kids love her, but in actuality, the nicer she tries to be, the more they take advantage of her and laugh behind her back.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

My own mothering style is very much like the ENFJ description....on an ideal day. I fall in between the ENFJ/ENFP line. I very much like to have an "excuse" to be a goober with them. I think it's good for their development. We have lots of "heart-to-hearts" around here! My mother is an ESTJ but she parented like a cross between ESTJ/ISTJ/ESTP descriptions. She was very literal, practical and definitely "what you see is what you get". It drove me insane as she discounted the importance of anything that didn't fall into her line of thinking.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It sounds to me as if they took generic type descriptions, and simply applied the positive sides of their normal work and relationship habits specifically to the concept of motherhood. That seems like a bit of a reach, since the descriptions can be a little off, and don't take into account individual idiosyncrasies, or even the accepted negative aspects of these types. It might be a helpful introduction to get older people interested in MBTI theory, however.