User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Ha, I can give you the downsides of INFP moms if you want (as I see it of course--and some of this is maybe not an INFP thing). Bit of a tangent I guess but meh.

-spaced out thinking about things when practical things need to be done (ie, food always got burned)
    -tending not to be great with money (not budgeting, no idea of money in account, overspending on "health food" products etc) ... but all for a good cause, not frivolous things or things for herself, just unwise things
    -couldn't consistently do chores...tried many many schedules, but never stuck to them
    -not terribly good expressing emotion
    -completely ineffective discipline
    -overprotective
    -overly trusting in strangers she's just met, while overly anxious about strangers in general
    -easily stressed by conflict, then becoming completely illogical
    -wastes time and money on unreasonable ventures which never quite materialize (ex avon, selling crafts, selling things online, etc)
    You've been spying on me, right? (Thank God for kitchen timers, is all I have to say about that.)

Once again I am untypable. Curses! Foiled again! Although, as I said on the other place, I identify most closely with the INFP and INTP descriptions.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Anyway, this was a great link, Digest. Thank you for sharing. I love stumbling across something new.
    you're welcome.

i'd love to see the down-sides too, but i think they cover that in a nice, helpful way in the rest of the book.

i suppose they knew better than to use the crap side to sell to the masses, and instead stroked egos.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Once again I am untypable. Curses! Foiled again! Although, as I said on the other place, I identify most closely with the INFP and INTP descriptions.
    Oh, I gave up trying to type you a LOOOOONG time ago, Ivy. You transcend type.

(Although I bet Economica would love to give it a shot!)

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i'd love to see the down-sides too, but i think they cover that in a nice, helpful way in the rest of the book. i suppose they knew better than to use the crap side to sell to the masses, and instead stroked egos.
    yup, for whatever reason, marketers think that the average person wants to read uplifting happy things rather than criticism. Go figure.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

yup, for whatever reason, marketers think that the average person wants to read uplifting happy things rather than criticism. Go figure.
    you're so right. a nice mixture of ego stroking and quick answers can sell just about anything.

see what i just did? i really need to start charging for this shit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    you're so right. a nice mixture of ego stroking and quick answers can sell just about anything.
    That's why I've been eating You Fucking Rule Dude Flakes for breakfast all these years.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    That's why I've been eating You Fucking Rule Dude Flakes for breakfast all these years.
    well, there ya go, folks. if an INTJ falls for it, then you know it works!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

-spaced out thinking about things when practical things need to be done (ie, food always got burned)
    I quit trying to cook. The chest freezer is now stocked with things everyone can nuke for themselves.
    -tending not to be great with money (not budgeting, no idea of money in account, overspending on "health food" products etc) ... but all for a good cause, not frivolous things or things for herself, just unwise things
    After years of not spending on myself, now I do
    -couldn't consistently do chores...tried many many schedules, but never stuck to them
    Don't even go there . . .
    -not terribly good expressing emotion
    Yeah, I wish I was more consistently affectionate
    -completely ineffective discipline
    It's not completely ineffective, but it is a good thing I'm not the only parent.
    -overprotective
    -overly trusting in strangers she's just met, while overly anxious about strangers in general
    I'm fairly trusting of people I've known a long time. Other people, not so much.
    -easily stressed by conflict, then becoming completely illogical
    I think am more likely to get irritable than illogical
    -wastes time and money on unreasonable ventures which never quite materialize (ex avon, selling crafts, selling things online, etc)
    My mom did that kind of stuff so I try to avoid doing it
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Cafe and Ivy, I am so relieved to see that it's not just me lol I am always doing that infp self flagellating thing about it.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Cafe and Ivy, I am so relieved to see that it's not just me lol I am always doing that infp self flagellating thing about it.
    I do that too. I go back and forth between "I am a caring and enthusiastic mother who is well-attuned to the needs of my children" and "I suck and they're probably going to be bulemic or murderers or both." Sigh.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh, I gave up trying to type you a LOOOOONG time ago, Ivy. You transcend type.

(Although I bet Economica would love to give it a shot!)
    Is Ivy internationally famous?

Remember, Jen, there is method to the madness... or at least ambitious Te.