User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    ISFP - INTP

amiable, dependable, open, supportive, dependable, polite, even-tempered, consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, observant, values security and relationships, pays more attention to their own thoughts or feelings and are more concerned with doing what works, submission produces passivity in a favorable environment, with a feeling of pleasantness increasing as yielding increases.
    INTP has no look a like because they are obvious haha

ENFP - ISFP ... because ENFPs are not as loud as this forum leads you to believe....

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    because ENFPs are not as loud as this forum leads you to believe....

You had me at because.

deleted

I really don't think a list like this is going to help all that much anyway. The theory from all Keirsey's readings matches up with this idea. Coop/Prag is a very important difference. So we're left with a viable theory and I think it is good enough. I can't say there are too many commonalities between other INTJs and me. ISTPs don't seem too far off from this checkpoint, and I know it's because of temperament. They aren't INTJs, but they are Melancholic Pragmatics. So the list helps at first, but if you just know why the commonalities are there, then list is just simple crap that doesn't mix too well.

MBTI
    INTP

I really like the ISFPs I know, and I think there's a lot of agreement as far as how we view the world (at least for this INTP), but I don't think we're necessarily lookalikes. I find I have more trouble telling INTPs from INTJs in real life, if I haven't been able to observe them for a while.
    Something Witty

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I really like the ISFPs I know, and I think there's a lot of agreement as far as how we view the world (at least for this INTP), but I don't think we're necessarily lookalikes. I find I have more trouble telling INTPs from INTJs in real life, if I haven't been able to observe them for a while.
    Maybe look-a-like is the wrong WORD. Let's try feel-a-like. That seems more accurate. Whatever means "similar temperaments." Can we just change this forum title to feel-a-like? I mean, really there has got to be some candy in here somewhere, even if its the crappy Mexican kind, you still got to agree it is sweet. And I think people are getting confused when I say look-a-like, that means they function the same way, which is not what I am saying.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm not bashing your theory. I've read all the MBTI books so I understand the cooperative etc thing. I just don't see much similarity between me and ISFJs. To be honest I think the type that is most similar to the INFP is the INTP on the outside. We both seem to communicate in the same way (in the way it's said that is). My reasoning for this is because INTPs will make their point in their talking based on their logic, and an INFP will make their point through what matters to them. It's communicated through Ne I believe, but I could be wrong because my understanding of how MBTI effects communication is pretty vague.
    I tend to agree with this.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe look-a-like is the wrong WORD. Let's try feel-a-like. That seems more accurate. Whatever means "similar temperaments." Can we just change this forum title to feel-a-like? I mean, really there has got to be some candy in here somewhere, even if its the crappy Mexican kind, you still got to agree it is sweet. And I think people are getting confused when I say look-a-like, that means they function the same way, which is not what I am saying.
    Yeah, I mean, I wasn't trying to be nitpicky about it--I just don't think we really feel alike, either, even though I tend to agree with the things that my ISFP counterparts post on this forum a lot. But I don't think you'd confuse us for the other if you met us. I do tend to be able to ID people's types IRL based on feel or intuition, and I can always suss out an NT. I've never mistaken an SF for an NT, even if we share a lot of the same conclusions about things. I dunno. Maybe it works for some of the other types, though.
    Something Witty

deleted

ISFJ - INFP - The Phlegmatic Cooperatives

amiable, dependable, open, supportive, values security and relationships, pays more attention to other people's opinions and are more concerned with doing the right thing, dependable, polite, and even-tempered, submission produces passivity in a favorable environment, with a feeling of pleasantness increasing as yielding increases.

Tallulah
    What kind of word can you give me to express this type of relationship? There is obviously a big commonality in temperament. Both are phegmatics, can you agree that far. That limits it down to 4 types. Only two are pragmatic, which gets rid of 2, so there are the ISFP and INTP.

MBTI
    INTP

ISFJ - INFP - The Phlegmatic Cooperatives

amiable, dependable, open, supportive, values security and relationships, pays more attention to other people's opinions and are more concerned with doing the right thing, dependable, polite, and even-tempered, submission produces passivity in a favorable environment, with a feeling of pleasantness increasing as yielding increases.

Tallulah
    What kind of word can you give me to express this type of relationship? There is obviously a big commonality in temperament. Both are phegmatics, can you agree that far. That limits it down to 4 types. Only two are pragmatic, which gets rid of 2, so there are the ISFP and INTP.
    I don't know--I can see where the description you posted about both types could apply, but I am just not sure there is more similiarity between those two types than some others. I would definitely say that both INTPs and ISFPs are exceptionally laidback types until their B.S. meters are tripped.

It just feels like forcing a kinship, to me. But I'm just one person. Maybe others see it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK folks, what he's doing here is pairing together types by their Interaction Style. That's a second "four temperaments" grouping (in addition to the familiar Keirseyan groups) identified by Linda Berens. They are more similar to ancient temperament, as well as DISC and Social Styles. It goes as follows:

Chart the Course - Melancholic - IST/INJ
    In Charge - Choleric - EST/ENJ
    Get Things Going - Sanguine - ESF/ENP
    Behind the Scenes - Phlegmatic - ISF/INP

Interaction Styles will on the surface behave similarly, despite the cognitive processes. The first things we generally see in other people are how expressive they are (I/E), and how responsive (people/task focus) they are; which is directing/informing, and alternates between T/F and J/P.

What lemons did was to pair the Interaction Style with one of the factors for Keirsey's temperaments: cooperative (tend to "do what's right") vs pragmatic (tend to "do what works"). I had been suggesting that C/Prg was the Keirseyan (conative) counterpart to expressiveness as those who are pragmatic will tend to be quicker to act than the cooperative; just like the extravert will be quicker to approach others socially than the introvert. So the pairs he is making will share three out of four factors in common, and hence behave very similarly on the surface.

Another way to do this, which would take into consideration the functions better is to go back to Jung's original eight "types", which would basically be pairs of types sharing the same dominant function. Most of them, as we will see, share either a temperament or an interaction style:
    (I use the FIRO terms: Interaction Style=Inclusion; Keirsey/ conative=Control)

Extraverted Sensing type (ESxP) Artisan or Sanguine in Control
    Introverted Sensing type: (ISxJ) Guardian or Melancholy in Control
    Extraverted iNtuitive type (ENxP): Get Things Going or Sanguine in Inclusion
    Introverted iNtuitive type (INxJ): Chart the Course or Melancholy in Inclusion
    Extraverted Thinking type (ExTJ): In Charge or Choleric in Inclusion
    Introverted Feeling type (IxFP): Behind the Scenes or Phlegmatic (or fifth temperament Supine) in Inclusion.

The problem that has been indirectly observed is that for the Introverted Thinking and Extraverted Feeling types, no temperament or Interaction Styles are shared in common.
    Introverted Thinking: Behind the Scenes Rational and Chart the Course Artisan
    Extraverted Feeling: In Charge Idealist and Get Things Going Guardian

What these have in common is only two factors: (IxTP) introversion and pragmatic; (ExFJ) extraversion and cooperative.

Inasmuch as the S/N difference maintains the same Interaction Style (ESFP/ENFP; also works with the TJ's) I would say they would be good counterparts.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas