User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: MBTI Type Humor

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I posted this in the INTJ FORUM a few months ago.. I found it on the net. I DIDN'T write it!!

GIVEN A GLASS OF WATER:

ISTJ: It's half empty now, and it wouldn't surprise me if it dried up completely.
    I've thought about this half full half empty question before, and my answer to it honest was....you can't accurately say that its half full or half empty. There's the extremely high likely hood that if you did a measurement of the water in the glass, there is an incredibly small amount, a small fraction of an ounce that is causing it to be below or above the halfway point.

LOL, I just asked my INTJ father about the "Is the glass half empty or half full?" question. He said, "This is a stupid question. If it's filled to the halfway point, it's both half empty and half full. I don't see why people continue to ask this question. This is an inaccurate way to measure optimism and pessimism."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    LOL, I just asked my INTJ father about the "Is the glass half empty or half full?" question. He said, "This is a stupid question. If it's filled to the halfway point, it's both half empty and half full. I don't see why people continue to ask this question. This is an inaccurate way to measure optimism and pessimism."
    Totally true.

Although I'm of the opinion that the glass is always totally full - not half empty, not half full. It can be full of water, beer, air, liquid helium, vacuum (*)... or any and each combination of these.
    (*) If you think the vacuum is empty, learn some quantum mechanics

And that's not only me showing off science (again), it's also my opinion on optimism vs pessimism.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I've thought about this half full half empty question before, and my answer to it honest was....you can't accurately say that its half full or half empty. There's the extremely high likely hood that if you did a measurement of the water in the glass, there is an incredibly small amount, a small fraction of an ounce that is causing it to be below or above the halfway point.

I agree. This question makes no sense. I´ve been asked the same in a group job interview and my answer was "I see a water glass. The content doesn´t matter" I left everyone puzzled, even the HR employee, but I was assigned to the best possible department.

In Spanish, the question goes "do you see a half empty or a half full glass?"

By the way, you are the third ISTJ I see here (counting myself) who has an INTJ father.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and my enlightened response would probably be to drink it and say "who cares... can I have some more please? "
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and my enlightened response would probably be to drink it and say "who cares... can I have some more please? "
    This is a good one too.

Victor Hugo

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    This is a good one too.
    I would just kick the ESxP that says something like that. I like analyzing it because you don't know what kinds of things you can learn or different points of view there can be.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I would just kick the ESxP that says something like that. I like analyzing it because you don't know what kinds of things you can learn or different points of view there can be.
    For sure, but, I think it´s a smart response to a pointless question.

My SP brother said he would do the same thing after I talked to him about that interview, but he added, "Then, pour some wine in it, please". Humour is a nice addition to the joy of analysing people.

Victor Hugo

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

does anyone really expect a good ESTP to give a serious, well thought out answer to a silly question?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    Lost Set of Keys

ESTJ - "Now, let's try and first determine that no foul play is going on here. I'm going to conduct a short interview with everyone..."

ISTJ - "What? That's impossible! I always keep them in one designated spot... well. I'm just going to retrace my steps. I'm certain I'll find them that way. I have my itinerary here with all the things I did..."

ESFJ - "Will someone help me look for my keys? If we find them, I'll drive you wherever you want for dinner..my treat!"

ISFJ - "If I don't find these keys, then I'll have to get new ones cut...oh, but what about the keychains? I can't replace those! One was a gift from my brother!! And the souvenir keychains from my vacations... Oh, no...I have to find them..."

ENTJ - "I didn't really lose my keys, I was just scheming up a way to form a 'search party' so you guys would all come over!"

INTJ - "This is why I keep a second set of keys in a safe place. I'll be changing the locks anyway."

ENTP - "I just broke into my place... I'm slightly unnerved at how easily I did it, but, hey, it was great! Who needs keys?"

INTP - "Not again...! Oh, here they are. Wrong pocket."

ESTP - "Hey, can I stay at your place? I'll figure things out in the morning..."

ISTP - "It'll be fun to install new locks... but I'm pissed about the car! I need to go to the dealership ASAP and now I'll have to ask someone else to drive me."

ESFP - "Fucking hell! I was just getting ready to leave for that party, and now of course this has to happen... I'm supposed to DJ!"

ISFP - "Aw..Not my pretty key chain...I made that to go with my car! Oh well. I'm hungry."

ENFJ - "I'll just call my roommate and ask her to come straight home. I have a feeling she'll be getting off early today."

INFJ - "AW CRAP!! ...Funny how significant little pieces of metal can be in our lives... Crap."

ENFP - "I think I met a dude that works as a locksmith at my buddy's show a couple weeks ago..." (reaches for phone)

INFP - "I must be going through this loss process to learn some kind of lesson...hm... (thinks) Damnit, I locked the keys in the house this morning!"
    Dang I must be an INTP, these are very well done.

MBTI
    LoLz

I lost my keys yesterday twice. Once, I had my set of keys while driving around with my mother. I searched both pockets in my shorts, then in the front of her car, only to find out I had put them in the cargo pockets of my shorts! Then I lost her keys later last night when I went to get something. I retraced my steps, couldn't find them and they were in my pocket again!