• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has being on this forum changed your opinion...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Licks lips and pounces on slippery, flopping fishie.*

*ahem*

Why I Like This Forum and It's Ninja MBTI Insights, by P. Piranha, Esquire

My smelliness is fully appreciated. And nibbled on.

The end.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
*Burps contentedly. Wees on magazine.*

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The forums have helped me realize that all of the 16 types have potential to be awesome. ENTJs and ISTJs in particular, sorry for doubting you!

ENTJ and ISTJ together - excellent!!! :smoke:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've gained a lot more respect for NFs. They were the ones I subconsciously compared myself to, sortof. I didn't understand why I didn't have the idealist tendencies that they did. I didn't care about the things they cared about.

ESTJs do have the internet, they're just not interested in psychology forums, I bet. My guild leader in World of Warcraft was probably an ESTJ. He was amazing at micro-managing, but one tendency I noticed in him was his constant latching on to other people's successes, in a way. He wasn't very innovative, but he was excellent at taking things other people figured out and using them for what he needed. He would always talk about the past when referring to good things or cool things other people did. That's an ESxJ thing, though. I do the same with Si, but it's mostly in my head and not out loud.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that's cool. :)

i think the istj's on here have showed me that they can appreciate others differences and want to understand someone else's view.

True, now if only we could convince the ESTJs too.

Also, I used to pretty much unconditionally adore INFPs, but now I understand their priority systems a little better. I used to consider IxxJs automatically more stubborn than IxxPs, but that's absolutely not the case.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I thought I couldn't possibly live as anything but an ENFP.

Okay, I still do a bit.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
True, now if only we could convince the ESTJs too.

Also, I used to pretty much unconditionally adore INFPs, but now I understand their priority systems a little better. I used to consider IxxJs automatically more stubborn than IxxPs, but that's absolutely not the case.

I can appreciate someone else's view if I have time to process it and integrate it into my experience. Taking someone else's opinion at face value is completely different from taking a deliberative approach to understanding another viewpoint.

G

Glycerine

I am starting to realize that SJs can be very awesome and that i was probably surrounding myself w/ very stressed out ones so that did not give me an accurate picture of they are really like. on my part, it's been insightful to try to figure out my blind spots in my interactions with others. Also, it has been interesting to learn about each type's general strengths and weaknesses. Oh yeah, there is a uge variation within each type.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I've found that I like SPs a lot better than I once did, especially ESPs.

I've also found that SJs are not necessarily more intolerant than other types.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can appreciate someone else's view if I have time to process it and integrate it into my experience. Taking someone else's opinion at face value is completely different from taking a deliberative approach to understanding another viewpoint.

Yes, I find that I can communicate and work effectively with most ISTJs if we both make an effort to focus on the one thing we have in common--logic. If it stays cool, calm and respectful we're generally just fine because ISTJ is more likely to keep his negative opinions on crazy NP me to himself, and I'm just fine with not hearing it anyway.

ESTJ seems like you guys with an inferiority complex, though! I often find myself so irritated with them that I find myself tempted to push their obvious buttons, just to watch them melt down.

It's never worth the disproportionately Te response, though.

S

Sniffles

Yes being here has certainly helped cool some of my hostile attitudes towards INTJs, based upon my previous experiences with them elsewhere.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After having talked with members here I have concluded that NTJ females are my "soul mates." I also don't really care about someone's type as much, because now I know why they do what they do.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've gone from understanding TPs not at all to having a decent understanding of their perspective and priorities thanks to foruming, which is coming in handy now that I'm working around lots of NTPs. Socially, I appreciate and to the best of my ability reciprocate their humor now that I no longer distrust it. Work-wise, I now know to try to leave them out of nitty-gritty Te considerations whenever possible (unlike my INTJ professor who seems to be under the impression that all his underlings care about optimizing the realization of his Ni visions as much as he himself does :rolleyes:), and conversely, I know to go to them whenever my thoughts can use some quick Ti streamlining (whereas I'm not sure how proactively my professor does this).

Hmm, this was a very Te answer to a Ti question, wasn't it (providing the concrete applications that have resulted from my change in opinion/improvement of understanding)? :D

Edit: Interacting with Sensers (both here and IRL) has also demolished a lot of the prejudice that Keirsey's book and other type descriptions had instilled. I think ptgatsby's infamous ISTP coming out rant and FineLine's reality check were some of the first milestones in that demolition process (which is on-going; I'm still trying to figure Sensing out).

Edit II: I've given it some thought, but I really don't know if either my opinion or my understanding of Feelers has changed :mellow: although as with TPs I've picked up some Te tricks (just the standard stuff) for getting along better with them.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ironically ENTPs, seems they're not all trolls who frequent internet forums as an outlet for excessive antagonistic energy, some are just like normal people.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
of a particular type/s? if so ..how?
Yes.
I used to think all INTPs were pathologically manipulative sociopaths,
but I have since discovered that some of them are not. :newwink:

In general, being on the site and seeing how different types communicate has been helpful to me understanding all the different types better.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ironically ENTPs, seems they're not all trolls who frequent internet forums as an outlet for excessive antagonistic energy, some are just like normal people.

We want names!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

No. Only people in real life can change my opinion of a type.
But I am a bit better in figuring out somebody's temperament with only writing. I can make my final "judgement" only after I met them and even after that the type I figured out can be very very very wrong. ;) But I'm not too bothered if I'm wrong because I'm not perfect in any way. :laugh:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yes. Mainly with INFJs and INTPs. I got to see more of the introverted side come out. Especially INFJs. I always got on with them, but never truly understood them, I still don't, but now I recognise it as a difference, rather than a misunderstanding.

INTPs I always knew were smart, but missed the wild side a bit. I like that evil touch. Well I knew it was there, but it comes out way more on here. I always thought INTPs were slow thinkers too, which is actually quite funny when you think how good they are at stuff. But I realised recently it is that they are more logically perfectionist. When I know I have enough to confidently answer the problem I stop, they take that extra time to perfect it. And I see why they think I am wrong often when I give answers to things, because I tend to only mention the things that are relevant to seeing the bigger picture, rather than fully specifying the problem.

I can now spot an ENTP and INFP too, which is quite important, because I know I can derail the conversation into interesting stuff even quicker :).

I didn't really learn what these types were from here though, just recognised them in real life and the combination between some things from here and real life improved understanding.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
The interesting people do not follow a pattern.
Least of all their own pattern.
They are their own people.

You never become your shadow.
Wisdom is to perceive it is there.