• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N-S/J-P dichotomies and sense of humor.

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm interested in this topic, since it combines 2 of my interests(humor, psychology).
I'm looking to get people's thoughts on their sense of humor, specifically to look at in 4 groups, SJ, NJ, NP, SP.
So, please post any elucidation on your senses of humor, anything and everything has value. I suppose I could go first.
My favorite comedic style is observational comedy, and I particularly enjoy it when it's used along with twists in the humor that make you think the opposite of what is actually the case.
I also find slightly irritating, poking humor to be amusing, such as excessively nodding, or saying "mmhmm" when you believe someone is taking themselves a little too seriously.
I don't find physical comedy to be that amusing, unless it's completely ridiculous and over the top.
Comedians I enjoy: George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Mitch Hedberg, Denis Leary
I'll post some more examples when I'm struck with insight.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just some guesses on the comedians you mentioned:

Carlin--ENTP
Hicks--ENTJ
Hedberg--ENFP
Leary--ESTP

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
this is one of the few topics where functions may actually be useful...maybe. i know that Ni, though similar in content, is different in approach then Ne. same with Se an Si.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a really good sense of humor. A lot of things make me laugh.
Silly humor that doesn't make sense, irony, impressions, sarcasm, dry humor.

I don't find the slapstick movie comedies funny. Its one thing I differ about with a lot of people. I hate most Will Farell movies and everything similar.

(Every chance I get I like to mention that I hate Will Farrell movies.)

I think the movie Office Space is really funny, or any kind that mimics real life/ has some truth.

wolfy

awsm
I'm not sure what type of sense of humour I have. Seems to be a mix of dry and absurd.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I enjoy a wide variety of humor... from someone dropping something to a very witty joke. Most comedians are usually funny enough for me.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're really pegging Hicks as a J?

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of Penn Jillette, who is also ENTJ. They're more focused on message-spreading than entertainment, and a big part of their performance involves getting really, REALLY upset about issues that they're passionate about. Rarely would they say anything they don't really mean just for amusement--if they say something they don't mean literally, it's obvious sarcasm, every time. They're more direct and to the point.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I enjoy a wide variety of humor... from someone dropping something to a very witty joke. Most comedians are usually funny enough for me.

I see you've decided you're no longer ISTJ. What happened?