• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function breakdown

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Found some interesting link for function break down. http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html
So basically describing not your type but each of the 8 functions one after another and giving you a perhaps more accurate idea of your type.

The only issue is it gives you bars instead of a number, so you have to count the damn bars to post your score (or take a picture)

- Ti : 20
Ne: 18
Te: 5
Ni: 4
Fe: 3
Se: 1
Fi: 0
Si: 0

Your Possible Type Code

According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: ENTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
Possible result: ENTP

Your Developmental Curve

This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -1.8

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

Te : Ordering, segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Si,Fi
You are generally not aware of engaing in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.

Ni,Se,Fe
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Te
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Ti,Ne
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Useful assessment, thank you.
My results:
domfuncbp1.jpg

Self assessment curve = -0.6

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm interested into the self assessment curve. anyway to post that too ?

By the way, while i really agreed alot with the Ti questions I must say the Ne answers were generaly a better fit. If it was a 1-10 scale I think the Ti answers would rather be 9\10 compared to a 10\10 for Ne
My Ne is really something quite overwhelming in my everyday life and reasoning.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ooh cool! i want to take it but i'm a lil cocktailed

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm interested into the self assessment curve. anyway to post that too ?

By the way, while i really agreed alot with the Ti questions I must say the Ne answers were generaly a better fit. If it was a 1-10 scale I think the Ti answers would rather be 9\10 compared to a 10\10 for Ne
My Ne is really something quite overwhelming in my everyday life and reasoning.
I couldn't relate to the Ni phrases very much. Some of that stuff is so ridiculous there's no way I could check the boxes.
I'd hate to be dominant Ni, my head would be filled with all sorts of garbage, if those phrases are truly representative of that function.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah all the mystical part of Ni wasn't me at ALL, not 0 but -10% : P
but so were alot of Sensor and Te things.
Ne talked to me like the voices in my head, and I do mean loud and clear.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
There was a thread about this test before. Don't know the curve but here are my scores :

11w4nrm.png

There was another test that rated the functions that gave me completely different results. Namely Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, Fe, Te, Ni, Si

EDIT : This test does lay some credence to you not having values (Fi) Eck :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I know which test you're talking about, but it totally sucked, that's why I looked for this one.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti - 17

Ne - 16

Ni - 12

Te - 12

Fi - 10

Si - 6

Se - 6

Fe - 3

Your self-assessment curve = -0.3

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Fi- 21
Ne- 14
Ni- 13
Ti- 12
Si- 11
Fe- 10
Te- 6
Se- 5

Your self-assessment curve = -3.7

That was fun.

G

garbage

Oh, what do you know, it's the exact ordering that's in my signature. Further verification, I guess..

Te - 21
Ni - 19
Ne - 14
Fi - 13
Ti - 10
Fe - 5
Se - 3
Si - 1

Your self-assessment curve = -2

The self-assessment curve seems to be pretty meaningless, though. The simpler statements could've just coincidentally resonated with me better than the more complicated ones.

It did tell me just how much I dislike the Si process.. I read most of the statements under it and cringed.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The self-assessment curve seems to be pretty meaningless, though. The simpler statements could've just coincidentally resonated with me better than the more complicated ones.
That's exactly what it is about, we learn the basic use of functions earlier and therefore master tend to master them more than the more complex\specialized ones.

G

garbage

That's exactly what it is about, we learn the basic use of functions earlier and therefore master tend to master them more than the more complex\specialized ones.

.... oh.

Somehow I didn't piece together that complex statements also meant complex usage of the function :doh:

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fi -> Ne -> Ti = Fe = Ni -> Te = Si > Se

Confusing.

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Question for those who relate to Ni in this assessment:
Do you really think you're magical?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, and we're all dumb enough to tell you that after you've revealed your contempt for it.

*smite*

(jokeyjoke almost all the way around)

This test makes me out to be an INFP.

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, and we're all dumb enough to tell you that after you've revealed your contempt for it.

*smite*

(jokeyjoke almost all the way around)

This test makes me out to be an INFP.
I'm not trying to give you guys crap, it's just totally foreign to me and I don't understand it at all. Feel free to explain, if I'm missing something.

MoneyJungle

MBTI Type
INFP
It strikes me as a bit odd that people don't think they are magical. Explanations are not my strong suit.