Ok, I've been recently struck by a deep confusion about Fe (and hence about ISTJs vs. ISFJs).
1. I've been always thinking that Fe is responsible for the social niceties, for the honey-does, for doing what is socially appropriate, for showing external signs of affection, for not being rude, for being polite. It gives the urge to be nice and to respond to other person's honey-do (read:useless talk).
2. I gave a MBTI test to my good friend, who got answer ISFJ. I was pretty shocked, because I have always seen him as ISTJ, with a slight pull towards INTJ. You know, he was never fond of social niceties, never done them for its own sake, and didn't respond to them well. Quite the opposite. It's why I thought he could have been INTJ (Imagine the combination INTJ - honey-does... he was like that)
3. (I have one possible explanation. It could have been his tertiary Fi. While not externally affectionate at all, it propels him toward values of "family above all", "seeking for romance"; he had been playing with idea of becoming a priest; currently he is going to become a pilot... I have noticed this Fi pull at several ISTJs, maybe I'd make a new thread especially about it in future)
1. Are my thoughts about Fe correct or do I miss something?
2. How could you explain his behavior? It's ok for Fe to be oblivious and/or hostile to social niceties?
3. Could that Fi be explanation?