• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Healthy/Unhealthy traits of E/I

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I came across this on the internet awhile ago and bookmarked it. Thought I'd post it( I might have a long time ago, but I don't think I did).

What do you guys think about the list?

Introvert personality traits

Introverts are usually energized by being alone, private, and quiet. Introverts are more sensitive to social rejection, and don't always see the world as a safe place.

Emotionally stable introverts are:

* Passive
* Careful
* Thoughtful
* Controlled
* Reliable
* Even-tempered
* Calm

Emotionally unstable introverts can be:

* Quiet
* Pessimistic
* Unsociable
* Sober
* Rigid
* Moody
* Anxious
* Reserved

Extrovert personality traits

Extroverts tend to be energized by groups of people, conversation, and activity. Extroverts are less sensitive to rejection, and see the world as a safer place.

Emotionally stable extroverts are:

* Sociable
* Outgoing
* Talkative
* Responsive
* Easygoing
* Lively
* Carefree
* Leaderlike

Emotionally unstable extroverts can be:

* Active
* Optimistic
* Impulsive
* Changeable
* Excitable
* Aggressive
* Restless
* Touchy

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Some of the introvert characteristics IMO only apply to IxFx, such as being sensitive to social rejection (which applies to ExFx as well, and maybe some STs). I don't view the world as a particularly unsafe place, and introversion is not motivated by fear.

It isn't "The world of other people is a big and scary place and I might get rejected, so I'm going to spend time alone." It's more like "The world of other people gets occasionally irritating and tiring, so I'm going to spend time alone."

Also, I've never thought of "active" and "optimistic" as emotionally unstable characteristics.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting, i guess. i see both the positive and negative traits in each.

G

Glycerine

I came across this on the internet awhile ago and bookmarked it. Thought I'd post it( I might have a long time ago, but I don't think I did).

Introverts are usually energized by being alone, private, and quiet. Introverts are more sensitive to social rejection, and don't always see the world as a safe place.

* Passive
* Careful
* Thoughtful
* Controlled
* Reliable
* Even-tempered
* Calm

* Quiet
* Pessimistic
* Unsociable
* Sober
* Rigid
* Moody
* Anxious
* Reserved

Extroverts tend to be energized by groups of people, conversation, and activity. Extroverts are less sensitive to rejection, and see the world as a safer place.

* Sociable
* Outgoing
* Talkative
* Responsive
* Easygoing
* Lively
* Carefree
* Leaderlike

* Active
* Optimistic
* Impulsive
* Changeable
* Excitable
* Aggressive
* Restless
* Touchy

In bold, I do not find those traits to be unstable traits of introverts or extroverts.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
In bold, I do not find those traits to be unstable traits of introverts or extroverts.

I don't agree with all of the "negative" traits as well, but I can see why they say it's a negative.. I think some of the ones you bolded will stem from anxieties.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

* Passive
* Careful
* Thoughtful
* Controlled
* Reliable
* Even-tempered
* Calm

* Quiet
* Pessimistic
* Unsociable
* Sober
* Rigid
* Moody
* Anxious
* Reserved

* Sociable
* Outgoing
* Talkative
* Responsive
* Easygoing
* Lively
* Carefree
* Leaderlike

* Active
* Optimistic
* Impulsive
* Changeable
* Excitable
* Aggressive
* Restless
* Touchy

What is emotionally unstable supposed to mean? Does it imply something specifically negative, or does it simply imply a preference towards more chaotic behavior (like J/P)?

My impression was that the emotionally stable characteristics seem more J, and the emotionally unstable characteristics seem more P. It doesn't really seem like one is inherently better, they seem like preferences.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow... I have most of the traits of the unhealthy introvert and a few traits of the healthy. Whee, looks like I'm still crazy. :tongue:

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's pretty much garbage. Too subjective.
How are you going to call "Carefree" positive and "Excitable" negative?