User Tag List

First 678910 Last

An INFJ will feel bad after manipulating people.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    An INFJ will feel bad after manipulating people.
    wrong
    I N V I C T U S

deleted

Both tend to have strong Fi, which I find quite confusing.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Yes, but the motivations might be different.

INTJs are typical compartmentalizing personalities. Everything has it's own box. Product of excessive Te. They also want to maintain a sense of their own identity and be autonomous as well. They're so into themselves, it doesn't dawn on them to share.

INFJs on the other hand, are aware of other people. They seem like they genuinely just don't want to divulge their inner world. Whereas INTJs, never even think to, unless prompted.
    i agree with your intj analysis, but the infj analysis is totally wrong. we do not and cannot compartmentalize anything, which is what makes it so fucking difficult to communicate our inner world, which is what we want to do MOST OF ALL.

altho this may have to do, also, with me being an enneagram 5w4 wing with an sx preference. revealing my inner world is what i feel compelled to do in life more than anything else, it is what i identify myself with, who i am, what i can do, how i can be seen, etc. vision is of such paramount importance, it is just never done, finished, completed. its articulation eludes me at all steps along the way. the desire to invent a new way of speaking.

we have spent so much time being disappointed that we could not communicate our holographs and technicolor images. we may, as a result, look especially recalcitrant and seriously walled off on the outside.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

INFJ tend to be whacko, INTJ dont talk to me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ...INTJ dont talk to me
    Sie mein Bier tranken.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

one thinks he knows everything, the other really does know everything.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    This is indeed what makes an INFJ a peculiar type, the strangest of all no doubt.

It should be noted however that Introverted Intuition precedes Extroverted Feeling in the psyche of the INFJ. The two functions have a master-slave relationship, as this is the relationship all dominant functions have with regard to the lower faculties.

By itself, one may argue that Fe does tend to equate success with popularity, however the way the Fe of the INFJ works is very heavily influenced by Introverted Intuition. Introverted Intuition tends to be chiefly concerned with conjuring novel ideas, especially in relation to its external environment. (The external environment is relevant because Ni is a perceiving function and all perceiving functions tend to be concerned with their environment, as the environment is what is perceived. For this reason INJs are renowned as social critics and champions of moral or political views. Nietzsche, Sartre, Simon de Beauvoir and Ayn Rand are cases in point.) Extroverted Feeling, as aforementioned, is subordinated to Introverted Intuition. Hence, very often the INFJ manipulates the social conventions to the end of promoting their vision.

Hence, unlike an Fe dominant type, instead of behaving in accordance with the social conventions, the INFJ behaves in accordance to what he/she feels the social conventions should be like. It should be noted however that despite the fact that Introverted Intuition is superior to Extroverted Feeling in the psyche of the INFJ, Introverted Intuition by itself does not easily give one a clear perspective on life. That is the case because it merely leads to hunches and not coherent ideas. For this reason the INFJ reluctantly obeys social conventions as he or she cannot find a compelling reason to stand by their visions. In most cases however, the natural individualistic disposition of the INFJ prevails and he/she disregards the social convention in favor of following his or her vision. Because the INFJ sees no justifiable reason to behave in a way they did in that case, they experience inner conflict.

Ni is highly individualistic and idiosyncratic, Fe is conventional and collectivistic. Unless the INFJ has a highly cultivated Thinking faculty they cannot conclusively decide which way of behaving is appropriate. The one they have a hunch is appropriate (Ni way) or what they 'know' to be appropriate as a result of convention worshipping (Fe).

There is no doubt in my mind that this is the type most affected by inner turmoil.
    omg! you totally described my life with my intj husband. i am sooo weird, yet wonderful in my own way, but my individualistic ideals seem to always (in life) fall on deaf ears and nobody ever seems to understand, or want to understand me; or if they do, it is fleeting and they become worn out by me.

i believe "social conventions," as you mentioned suck in the relationship model realm, but to live a polyamorous lifestyle in my neck of the woods, and with my intj husband, is virtually impossible, so i end up flip-flopping around all the time. i feel my utopia resides in poly, but then my thinking husband (i don't think i'm strong in the thinking function, i'm not sure) argues admirably that monogamy is best, so i end up caught in the middle somewhere all the time and life is becoming more and more difficult accordingly.

i wonder about infjs tending to be more likely to have polyamorous ideals, because we can see a myriad of possibities in human relating (my infj male friend is poly too).......i know simone de beauvior and sartre had an open relationship, as do many artists (who tend to be infjs, no?)........

it is nice to be validated in having inner turmoil....cuz that is exactly how i feel much of the time, unlike my intj husband who can make a decision and be at peace about it and never look back. but i know a lot of infps who also seem to struggle (maybe even more so due to their p?) with turmoil and discontent.

what is your profession? do you charge by the hour? hahaha.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    i sort of like this, especially if you look at how NiFe and NiTe have a different idea about what "things" are. (things that ought to be know)

compare with:

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    INFJs may like science but may stick to the big-picture level of theories and ideas, [...] rather than get into the nitty gritty.
    it's not just about what things are, since things are related to how we come to the conclusion, that our view is backed up by proof reality and that therefore we know "enough" in the matter.