First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that this is the type most affected by inner turmoil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I would be curious to see how INFJ's respond to this.
    I agree. Not for that reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I think that's the reason there's a general perception that INFJs are so secretive.
    In my experience, INTJs are pretty "secretive" also.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Yes, but the motivations might be different.

INTJs are typical compartmentalizing personalities. Everything has it's own box. Product of excessive Te. They also want to maintain a sense of their own identity and be autonomous as well. They're so into themselves, it doesn't dawn on them to share.

INFJs on the other hand, are aware of other people. They seem like they genuinely just don't want to divulge their inner world. Whereas INTJs, never even think to, unless prompted.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    That's true. The uninhibited INTJ factor really only applies in reference to one-on-one or small group conversations in my experience, so I guess it's not as helpful in distinguishing between the types overall. Neither type is really going to put it all out there when talking to people. I think it's just a general sense that INTJs sometimes can't not follow a thought through to its completion, often aloud and at the expense of social propriety (in which INFJs might be more invested).

ETA: Or perhaps not even propriety, but more that INFJs are more focused on the feelings and reactions of others than their own thought processes, even though INTJs and INFJs approach things similarly.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    That's true. The uninhibited INTJ factor really only applies in reference to one-on-one or small group conversations in my experience, so I guess it's not as helpful in distinguishing between the types overall. Neither type is really going to put it all out there when talking to people. I think it's just a general sense that INTJs sometimes can't not follow a thought through to its completion, often aloud and at the expense of social propriety (in which INFJs might be more invested).
    This sounds like a branch off of Enneagram, and instinctual variants. The prattling on and on, isn't typical for the majority of INTJs. We are usually direct and to the point. Efficiency is our motto.

See below:

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Also can you help me sort this out. I am in science so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

They seem to come in two or maybe three flavors.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

Explanation:

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I've seen all of those characteristics in INTJs, but I wouldn't state they're broody. That's a bit more emotive than the majority, since Te is the function INTJs use to deal with the outside world. What you're describing seems to be the instinctual variants of Enneagram 5 (possibly 8 for type 3). You're very observant to pick up all the nuances in INTJ behavior.

Type 1: Self Preservation
    Type 2: Intimate/Sexual
    Type 3: Social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that this is the type most affected by inner turmoil.
    Probably. Ni/Ti on one side, Fe/Se on the other. Not a fun fight.

I've said it many times..."the world imposes on me".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

This sounds like a branch off of Enneagram, and instinctual variants. The prattling on and on, isn't typical for the majority of INTJs. We are usually direct and to the point. Efficiency is our motto.
    Interesting! That's one problem with basing your observations on the few specimens of a type you happen to know. I can definitely see that, though.

Yeah, there's definitely the INFJ tug-of-war between our observations and thoughts (which can, for me at least, be coldly logical at times) and our feelings (need for acceptance, etc.) and concern for other people. Throw in that we're concerned with how best to uphold our ideals, whatever they are, and it's just a big mess.

Q: How would an INxJ person look like?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Q: How would an INxJ person look like?
    Are you asking what INJs generally look like as a single category, or are asking what an INJ with balanced Fe and Te would look like?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Both - I'm greedy!

More to sort out someone I personally know, who, for all intent and purposes, appear to be an INTJ, but, there are those *things* that feel a bit off.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Yes, but the motivations might be different.

INTJs are typical compartmentalizing personalities. Everything has it's own box. Product of excessive Te. They also want to maintain a sense of their own identity and be autonomous as well. They're so into themselves, it doesn't dawn on them to share.
    Agree. Although a couple of INTJs I know seem secretive for other reasons, but that may have more to do with general insecurity rather than type.