User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 123

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Why did you not like your body changing?
    Who knows. May be I did not want to grow up. There was no advertising in former East Germany. So I would rule out over exposure to stereotype ideals as usually named as a cause for eating disorders in the west.
    Thoughts die the moment they are embodied by words. (Arthur Schopenhauer)

  2. #42
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Lol, this is as good a time as any to say that I think there are two styles of INFJs and attendant 'looks' - the serious ones (yes, rather librarian looking) and the quirky, arty ones (decidedly not).
    Two types of INTJ as well.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    INFJs have sad faces.

    INTJs have stern faces.
    lol

    People think I'm mad or irritated all the time. I think my face is generally blank. So, when people annoy me with garbage like that, I do get annoyed. Self fulfilling...

  4. #44
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I read they're the type most likely to have an eating disorder. INTJs second. Not sure why.

    Purely anecdotal: The people I've known of both types (and genders), are really preoccupied with their appearance. Not clothing etc. Just the body. Mine manifests in trying to be healthy (pescetarian, raw foodist that works out 5 times a week). Most would label me a health nut, going way beyond what is necessary. No. I'm not a bleeding heart hippie. I could care less about animal rights.

    Is that a combination of Ni and inferior Se?
    I agree with INFJ for that one, but neither me nor the INTJs I know particularly care about how they look and tend not to be in touch with their physical manifestation and ignore it beyond the basic necessary upkeep (which can be tiresome in itself).

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I agree with INFJ for that one, but neither me nor the INTJs I know particularly care about how they look and tend not to be in touch with their physical manifestation and ignore it beyond the basic necessary upkeep (which can be tiresome in itself).
    I know two other textbook definition INTJs, male and female. They both keep their bodies very fit. I think the difference here, is maybe in Socionics. I read either INTp or INTj are very avid exercisers and healthy eaters, for state of mind or something.

    Keeping the body healthy, helps the mind work as effectively as possible. In essence, it's a rather necessary evil. The body and mind are a whole entity. Not separate. If one is off kilter, the whole thing goes. (Mental illness, or physiological disease) Big picture is important in this case.

  6. #46
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    In short, both types have "aspective" perception and "see things the same way" (they basically "see", now and ahead), but in judgment, INTJ is systemic while INFJ is harmonic. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dem-names.html
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  7. #47
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I know two other textbook definition INTJs, male and female. They both keep their bodies very fit. I think the difference here, is maybe in Socionics. I read either INTp or INTj are very avid exercisers and healthy eaters, for state of mind or something.

    Keeping the body healthy, helps the mind work as effectively as possible. In essence, it's a rather necessary evil. The body and mind are a whole entity. Not separate. If one is off kilter, the whole thing goes. (Mental illness, or physiological disease) Big picture is important in this case.
    Absolutely spot on. The whole can never be more than the sum of the parts, however impressive the part. As it were.

  8. #48
    Senior Member hokie912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Distinguishing between INTJ and INFJ...I know several INFJ's, and only one for-certain INTJ. The INTJ I know is rather immature, so perhaps isn't the best example. Or on the other hand is perhaps a great example! He'll be much more apt to talk without caring/thinking about how his ideas might be received by others. Myself and the INFJ's I know - we're much more careful in how and when we choose to communicate our thoughts and ideas, and it is dependent on the audience at hand (which would be the Fe).
    This is my experience with INTJ acquaintances, too. Not that they're unfiltered, but just that once they get started on a topic, they're so focused on following their train of thought that they don't pick up on other people's cues. The INTJs I know will sometimes keep talking long after their audience's interest has waned. INFJs seem to be much more attuned to how they're being perceived by others and will act accordingly, which sometimes means not expressing our thoughts. I think that's the reason there's a general perception that INFJs are so secretive. It's not always that I don't want to share (okay, sometimes it is), but often I won't if I don't get the sense that the other person is truly interested. In some sense, INTJs can sometimes be too uninhibited while INFJs are too inhibited. That's something, I guess?

  9. #49
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Lol, this is as good a time as any to say that I think there are two styles of INFJs and attendant 'looks' - the serious ones (yes, rather librarian looking) and the quirky, arty ones (decidedly not).
    Yes, the librarian INFJ is Socionics Fi subtype and the quirky INFJ is Socionics Ne subtype. The former often dresses plainly and seems strict and disciplined. The latter dresses fashionably, is more outgoing and seems a bit absentminded.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    INFJs seem to be much more attuned to how they're being perceived by others and will act accordingly, which sometimes means not expressing our thoughts. I think that's the reason there's a general perception that INFJs are so secretive. It's not always that I don't want to share (okay, sometimes it is), but often I won't if I don't get the sense that the other person is truly interested. In some sense, INTJs can sometimes be too uninhibited while INFJs are too inhibited. That's something, I guess?

    This goes for me as well. The other problem is you may offend them with your thoughts. So I tend to keep a lot to myself to avoid being crucified.
    Thoughts die the moment they are embodied by words. (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Similar Threads

  1. How to distinguish ESFP and ENFP?
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 03:03 PM
  2. Video: INTJ and INFJ - How To Shut Up Introverted Intuition
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 05:23 PM
  3. [Enne] How to distinguish between a 2w3 and a 3w2?
    By OneLovelyAdventure in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
  4. [Inst] How to distinguish Sx/Sp and Sx/So?
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM
  5. How to distinguish ISFJ and INFJ?
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO