• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do J's lack self-confidence ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I mean, one logical question at this point. If J's are the decisive ones and P's are the indecisive ones, do J's then lack self-confidence ?

Because they have to present to others what they would do, as opposed to knowing what to do ?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't think so, since they're more sure of decisions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont know. Dont think about it as the word means it, think about it more like what they want to do. If you have someone who has something to everything, he is most probably going to be unsure about what is right and vice versa.

B

beyondaurora

I'm really interested in understanding your question. Do you think you could try re-wording it?

The way that I'm reading it, I would think you would be asking if P's lack self-confidence because of their indecisiveness.

On a related note - I would wonder if J's lack self-confidence because of their need to control their outside world. Ultimately, I think both of these speculations would better fall into the enneagram realm (ex., Type 1's).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nono. Think about the guy who has everything. Who ownes the whole world and can buy everything. What would be the classical example ? He would want to be loved. So he wants the simplest of things (simplest in terms of how much it costs).

So you have the J, who always has a decision to everything. Why isnt it then possible that he can lack self-confidence, because with all that decisions he wouldnt know which one to pick for himself.

The P on the other hand never makes decisions. But adores the few he has, in such a way that it could be labeld self-confidence.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
To the contrary, the J is often much more self-confident than the P.
The J feels that he or she is able to make decisions very quickly.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...The P on the other hand never makes decisions. But adores the few he has, in such a way that it could be labeld self-confidence.

I don't know about that. I make decisions all day long, and am quite comfortable with them once I issue/act on them.

There are times when I get indecisive, and that is usually when there is something big at stake that I don't feel has been fully analyzed for me to make a decision about. BUT, that might be more of a guy thing, "retreating to my cave" to mull something over, instead of making a decision with what I consider insufficient information at a given point in time...

And adoring my decisions is not a source of self confidence for me. I am more confident that I am at peace with myself, smart enough to get started on most anything I need to get into, and also smart enough to reach out for help when I come to the limits of my abilities/experience, and sure of myself as a fair and decent person. I set out to do my best and try to make my endeavors a winning event for all involved. That's an ESTP way of doing things from what I can tell. I am not afraid of decisions at all, but would rather shoot the breeze with the locals watching a meaningless sporting event while playing billiards, truth be known...

;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I really don't understand what you're saying. Many people have self-confidence, both J's and P's. And the same J's and P's also lack self-confidence.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say earlier.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really don't understand what you're saying. Many people have self-confidence, both J's and P's. And the same J's and P's also lack self-confidence.

Well and simply put! Agreed! :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe its wrong, but I cant explain otherwise why I am so sure in making decisions, even if they go back to the same 2 privnciples :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well forget about it, I go to sexcentral.com maybe I have more luck there :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's possible P adores his few decisions more because they are so rare ... it's possible J makes decisions like breathing and doesn't consider it any more of an accomplishment ... but I can't see what it has to do with self-esteem.

B

beyondaurora

Correct. And the J is less likely to second guess those decisions, whereas the P may second guess the few that they make until the end of time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I still think Js lack self-confidence

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
but I dont have the means to explain it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I even moreso think that I hit a crucial point with that. I dont know if I am that way off and I think you cant explain it rationally because there are TJ's and FJ's but they all have one thing in common: they have the ability to find a quick decision. But they lack aswell as everyone the insight to know if it is the right one or not. And if you dont think about a decision for like 10.000 times, but for just 1 time, you are more likely to be the one who sticks to the decision, even if you know you could be very wrong.

I think my reasoning is graspable.