User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do J's lack self-confidence ?

Senior Member Array ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar

i think the problem comes not in the making the decision, but living with the results.

i speak for myself when i say this but when i make a decision, i back it up with everything. i have a lot of confidence in my decisions. but i ALWAYS question whether it was the right decision afterwards. its just a natural process that i go through everyday.

so i can't say there is complete confidence in the decision at all times, i guess if this is common for most J's then you could say we can delay natural self-doubt until later, after its all said and done, and the situation has been dealt with.

but as i said, can only speak for myself
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I mean, one logical question at this point. If J's are the decisive ones and P's are the indecisive ones, do J's then lack self-confidence ?

Because they have to present to others what they would do, as opposed to knowing what to do ?
    ENTP's have more confidence when it comes to dealing with people, ENTJ's are too caught up in finalizing things, making decisions, than ENTP's.
    Their plans are more detailled and chaotic so this is their main focus; we're too stiff to be confident in P-ness.
    They both have confidence, but in different areas.

J-confidence is weakened by unfnished business, unclear situations, we analyze & label to get some coherence.
    P-confidence is weakened by limits in action (I think??? Id like to hear a P on this one)
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

8w7 sp/sx
    SLE Ti

I have a lot of self-confidence. I'm not sure confidence corresponds to MBT.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I feel like J's get discouraged when things don't go the way they want them to go, and when they don't, J's would judge that things rarely go their way, and that they should just give up or something. I asked my friend, who's a J, on that one..and I find it pretty accurate.

I agree. Major problem. Gets you down so rapidly and people are always like, "You're so quick to be negative."
    But we're quick to think we know what the decision should be and take it. I certainly don't lack confidence in my decisions, because I was the one that made them...if you see what I mean.
    I thought we were pretty stubborn on that one actually?
    I have a feeling that Ps trying to evaluate the original question just wouldn't understand how we could feel so sure why our judgements were correct. I don't say that they always are correct, I just feel that they are when I first make them!

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar

I'm disappointed in you entropie.
    we fukin won boys