User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Now Hear This

  1. #21
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Types don't "have" anything.

    I'm tired of hearing "ENTPs have Fe and Ti" or "ISTJ has Fi"

    It doesn't work that way you guys.
    It's not about posession.
    Then how does it work? I really want to know.

  2. #22
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    While we're at it, there's no types either. Your personal problems are not because you are whatever type, or because your "function" is underdeveloped, it's because of you.

  3. #23
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Sorry guys, Jeffster and the peanut gallery ruined it for everyone.
    Yes, my two posts completely erased your point. That's how powerful I am. Excuse me, I need to go bench press a car real quick. Be back later.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  4. #24
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Sorry guys, Jeffster and the peanut gallery ruined it for everyone.
    Who on earth are you apologizing to?

    (Actually, I shant tie you down to the earth.)

    Who are you apologizing to?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Know what?
    Nevermind.

    You guys can just wallow in your insipid fruitlessness for all I care.

    Go ahead and close the thread.
    I could, but I won't.


    KNOW THYSELF BROTHER! :dons religious attire:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  6. #26
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Nocapszy, I think you are on to something and you should stick to your guns.
    You know, it really isn't that I'm on to something. I'm indisputably correct.
    However, you made some pretty strong claims and then failed to back them up, so it was hard to take your post seriously.
    Fine. Don't take it seriously.
    Ultimately it's going to boil down to me knowing the truth, and everyone who demands rigor from all claim makers being know-nots. Who's the one with the real problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yes, my two posts completely erased your point. That's how powerful I am. Excuse me, I need to go bench press a car real quick. Be back later.
    Gross misinterpretation.

    I just like being spiteful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Who on earth are you apologizing to?

    (Actually, I shant tie you down to the earth.)

    Who are you apologizing to?
    Well definitely not you since you didn't bother to read the thread.
    we fukin won boys

  7. #27
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Uhh... Nocapszy? Couldn't you at least tell me if I got your point in the post I made earlier? Please? I thought I did, but I'm not sure.

    I made that post before they ruined the thread, so I think maybe it should fall under a grandfather clause or something.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Either I've failed to grasp something... but aren't preference of functions the backbones of MBTI?

    In a sense MBTI types do own them (them being their strongest style).

  9. #29
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    So ultimately, we can just turn this into a metaphysical discussion about what it means to have something and whether or not a mental process is a thing that can be had.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #30
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    No. It's not a discussion.

    I'm stating the fact that you can't have something that isn't, and since thats' just what type involves, we should stop speaking that way because it's misleading in that people are tricked into thinking type is actually substantial.
    we fukin won boys

Similar Threads

  1. I have finally arrived. You can close this part of the forum now
    By Dali in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 11:48 PM
  2. Ok lets settle this right now!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 08:45 PM
  3. Hearing test. Can you hear this?
    By Goosebump in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
  4. So I'm on this one now, too.
    By Roger Mexico in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO