• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Most Extroverted Introvert?

D'Artagnan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Then there's the fact that a lot of what I read of Jung actually contradicts a lot of assumptions that we make here in the online type community. For instance, Carl Jung actually said that Albert Einstein was an Extraverted Thinking Type. And so was Charles Darwin, according to Jung. So in Myers-Brigg code, they'd be either ENTJ or ESTJ! And yet here in the type community we usually type these two guys as INTP. So... I don't know.:huh:

In socionics:
ILI (INTp) =
Prime function (1st) - Introverted intuition (Ni)
Creative function (2nd) - Extroverted logic (Te)

By no means fool proof, but I think socionics has a much better break-down of functions. Our Creative function is the one we learn to use in late adolescence andd is the primary mode we use to express our Prime function. It is the main way in which we interact with society and others in general.

Not that I've met him personally but I would guess Einstein was an INTp :)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
top to bottom is externally defined/internally defined

sensation -- it's kind of obvious...

judgement, be it E or I is still, ultimately concerned over closure, which, be they internally rigorous or not, are confirmed outside the self. that's why even despite their calculations happening in the mind only, it still beats intuition
feeling -- I think a lot of Fs will get pissed but, F is more externally defined than T. some say that F draws motivation from inside but that's not really the case. F simply requires less motivation. shit -- most of the time it IS the motivation other processes rely on. it doesn't need to look inward as much.
thinking-- already sort of explained

intuition -- learn the etymology for further insight.

again, the ATTITUDE matters more than the letters, so order counts less.

that's why if we listed all the types, it would go in this perfect order.
I'll make the list too.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The thing I think sets ENFPs apart from ENTPs in regards to needing 'alone time', is that they are also, typically, more sensitive. Thus it is easier to offend an ENFP - causing them to withdraw into a cocoon.

Yet to be convinced that ENTPs (on a general scale) are more inclined to time alone than ENFPs.

I agree!

I'm not even 'proud' of the title 'most introverted extravert' but that title has been thrown about for ENFPs on the board for a while. I don't identify with it as much as I did in my late teens/early 20s but I do need a lot of time to process.

ENTPs have Fe. ENFPs have Fi. Fi makes you kooky because you create and follow your own code and that means somtimes having to withdraw. Fe pulls you to the world and makes you wanna make things right and socially orderly and befriend people 'who need it' etc. Fe is what I think also confuses people when trying to figure out if someone is ENTP or ENFP.

PS I agree with Costrin on this one. INTP is *not* an extraverted introvert. Oh jeez, no. Though yes, there are definitely really outgoing, even social INTPs.

PPS I know lots of self-described introverts who are really sociable, friendly, go out a lot, like to dance, like gatherings, meet up new and random people, etc.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I smell bias!

And where does the stench come from? ISFP? ENFP/ENTP? Or both?

That's weird. S_P counts more E for introverts than extroverts?

Well, the E is already focused externally so the will to judge seems a more valid reason to socialize. On the other hand the IP seems less prone to internal conflict than the IJ, meaning it can tolerate others a little better.

Then again I still haven't quite understood why it's SJ and SP and not SF and ST.

I claim next to no knowledge when it comes to typing, master Nocapszy.

well I don't know what society has to do with it, but yea.
sensation is more external world.

Well the vast majority of the population is comprised of Ss, so Ns have a harder time to both relate and make themselves understood.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow!

People really think INTPs are more introverted than ISTPs???:huh:

I would like to hear from INTPs and ISTPs---What do you think about that?

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow!

of the istp's i know (only 2)... i'm definitely more introverted... but i scored 100%I the last few times I look an mbti test.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wow!

You think any SPs are particularly introverted in other people's eyes? The ISTPs in my life come across extraverted half the time cause they of their fun loving, active side.

bestfittype.com said:
ISTP: I don’t like the social stuff. It takes too much time, too much energy. I’m bored. I can’t figure out how to make myself more relaxed, and I never really know what I’m supposed to be saying. I have only a few close friends that I really see a lot. Yet people have seen me as someone very lively and talkative. That’s the part of me that likes life to be an adventure.

Seriously, I can't make them stfu.

I can't decide once and for all if I'm ENTP or INTP but I can tell you the ISTPs in my life appear more extraverted than me cause of their social nature.

wolfy

awsm
In my humble opinion...

Most extroverted introvert= ISFP

Most introverted extrovert= ENTP

Most introverted introvert= INTP

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFP

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
...Reasoning?

Well keep in mind that this is all opinion anyway. There truly is no introverted extravert. A person is either an introvert or extravert. Also within one type the degree of extraversion or introversion can vary a lot. Anyway here are my reasons:

I've known a ton of NTP's but I've only known a few NFJ's. Consistently the INTP is the most aloof and withdrawn type (although INFP's are pretty close to this too). One may wonder if some INTP's need to be around people at all or do anything but sit there and ponder things.

Likewise the ENTP is the extravert that appears the most introverted. ENTP's also appear fairly withdrawn and aloof, but they have a need to seek out people and new excitement and activity. An ENTP is an extravert, but to others they can appear introverted a lot of the time. Some of this comes from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure that my E preference is slight even compared to other ENTP's. However I've seen other ENTP's described as introverts before. One example that sticks in my head is the main character from "Meet the Robinsons", who is pretty clearly ENTP. In the behind the scenes the director said he saw this character as an introverted type. Although he also compared him to Walt Disney a lot (another ENTP). I don't think the director knew MBTI, but I think he simply saw the inventor type as an introvert.

My wife is an INFJ, and people often think that she is an extravert and that I'm an introvert. They don't realize that I'm the one that wanted to get out of the house, while she wanted to stay in. In public she appears much more gregarious than I do though. I only know one other person who I am certain is INFJ, but she first appeared to be extraverted to me too.

There is only one ENFJ that I've known well, but she is also the most extraverted person I've known. She wanted a small army of people around her wherever she went.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If I were to guess?

Most Extraverted Introvert: ISFJ

Most Introverted Extravert: ENTP

Most Introverted Introvert: INTP

Most Extraverted Extravert: ESFJ

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Here's the system:
E - 6
S - 5
F - 4
T - 3
N - 2
I - 1

ENTP -- N2 + E6 = 8 T3 + I1 = 4 ENTP = 12
ESFP -- S5 + e6 = 11 F4 + I1 = 5 ESFP = 16

Do that for all of them, then add another
3 for S dom
2 for F dom
1 for T dom
0 for N dom
settle ties by temporarily adding 1 to the one which has a higher E function (again the order is S,F,T,N).
that's how i ordered them.

esfp
estp
esfj
estj
enfj
entj
enfp
entp
----
it's not as straight forward for introverts. i'd explain right now but i'm at work and getting told to stop so i'll come back later and put it in.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Extroverted Extrovert: ESTP/ENTP
Extroverted Introvert: INFJ (Beyond, Evan, SilentHonest, BMS)
Introverted Extrovert: ENFP (Amargith, ErinAvery, AwesomeCakes, Capt Chick)
Introverted Introvert: INTP (Laintpe, Aimahn, Ygolo, SolitaryWalker)

People in parenthesis are the ones that are on the MBTI Ventrilo that I can think of off the top of my head that fit the descriptions above, IMO.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're funny. :)

B

beyondaurora

Here's the system:
E - 6
S - 5
F - 4
T - 3
N - 2
I - 1

ENTP -- N2 + E6 = 8 T3 + I1 = 4 ENTP = 12
ESFP -- S5 + e6 = 11 F4 + I1 = 5 ESFP = 16

Do that for all of them, then add another
3 for S dom
2 for F dom
1 for T dom
0 for N dom
settle ties by temporarily adding 1 to the one which has a higher E function (again the order is S,F,T,N).
that's how i ordered them.

esfp
estp
esfj
estj
enfj
entj
enfp
entp
----
it's not as straight forward for introverts. i'd explain right now but i'm at work and getting told to stop so i'll come back later and put it in.

Nice, Nocap! I'm looking forward to seeing your system for the introverted types (although, it seems to me that only one system should be used for both).

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
By looking at types

The "E" I : ENFP
The "I" E: IxFP
The "E" E: ESFP
The "I" I: INTP

From my own experience..
The "E" I: INFP (My twin brother)
The "I" E: ESFP (My old g/f)
The "E" E: ESFJ (Friend)