• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Most Extroverted Introvert?

D'Artagnan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just musing on how the different functions determine how in touch with the "real world" we each are. N types seem to have a 'head in the clouds' rep while Sensers practically define 'feet on the ground' :yes: A similiar thing could be said about T and F types. Its most likely that these preferences play a big part in how the external, everyday world affects and defines us (in addition to the E/I attitude).

So my question, is there a most extorverted introvert? Or introverted extrovert? And on the other extreme, the most introverted introvert? Or extroverted extrovert? I suppose there must be but just curious for other's opinions :)

Apolgies if there's already another thread on this topic

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Just musing on how the different functions determine how in touch with the "real world" we each are. N types seem to have a 'head in the clouds' rep while Sensers practically define 'feet on the ground' :yes: A similiar thing could be said about T and F types. Its most likely that these preferences play a big part in how the external, everyday world affects and defines us (in addition to the E/I attitude).

So my question, is there a most extorverted introvert? Or introverted extrovert? And on the other extreme, the most introverted introvert? Or extroverted extrovert? I suppose there must be but just curious for other's opinions :)

Apolgies if there's already another thread on this topic

My guess:

Most extroverted introvert= INTP (?)

Most introverted extrovert= ENFP (?)

Most introverted introvert= ISTP (?)

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFP (?)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most extroverted introvert= ISFJ

Most introverted extrovert= ENTP

Most introverted introvert= INTP

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFJ

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Most extroverted introvert= ISFP

Most introverted extrovert= ENTP/ENFP

Just a guess.

I'd say NP (abstract perception) would qualify as a inherently more introverted trait, in todays society.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Most extroverted introvert = ISxx (It makes the most sense that it'd be a sensor, whose focus is outward - I have no idea otherwise but am inclined to say 'SP' is likely. Probably 'SFP' as their 'F' would make the primary concern people)

Most introverted extrovert = ENFP (At least - they need the most time alone, and tend to withdraw within themselves. No WAY is this ENTP, based on own dealings.)

Most introverted introvert = INTP (I'm kind of between INFJ and INTP here - the only thing certain is that it's most likely an intuitive type)

Most extroverted extrovert = ESFP (This could also be an ESTP - but based on own experience I'd say ESFP. They don't appear to need ANY alone time, and are the life of any party)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most extroverted introvert= INFJ, ISFJ, ISFP.

Fe draws the first two towards people. ISFP must express their Fi in concrete ways with other people.

ENFP isn't a bad choice, but Ne/Fi pulls them towards people more than the ENTP. Not sure where ENTJ/ENFJ would stand.

If any type is capable of overcoming the human need for connection, I go with INTP. INTJs need humans to use as pawns. (J/k!)

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFJ/ESFP

One organizes the party, while the other breaths life into it. Both types tend to revolve around social interaction though.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My guess:

Most extroverted introvert= INTP (?)

Most introverted extrovert= ENFP (?)

Most introverted introvert= ISTP (?)

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFP (?)

No.

Most extroverted introvert= ISFJ

Most introverted extrovert= ENTP/ENFP

Just a guess.

Much better.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This thread doesn't make any sense - I thought the extra/introversion for a given personality is determined by the percentage in the E/I.

... for instance, an INTP with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTJ with I (90%), whereas an INTJ with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTP with I (90%)... but they're both introverted personalities.

:coffee:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Steve. He's the most extroverted Introvert.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Most extroverted introvert= INFJ, ISFJ, ISFP.

Fe draws the first two towards people. ISFP must express their Fi in concrete ways with other people.

I'd go with ISFP over ISFJ - for similar reasons as ESFP over ESFJ.
INFJ's most EXTROVERTED?! :shock:
Dear lord. They are some of the most aloof, 'head in the clouds' turned-inward people I know.

ENFP isn't a bad choice, but Ne/Fi pulls them towards people more than the ENTP. Not sure where ENTJ/ENFJ would stand.

I'm sorry - but I cannot get on board with this. Every ENTP I've ever known has HATED time alone and been constant chatter-ers.
I'm still going with ENFP here - 'needing the most time alone to ground themselves' (personalitypage site) and a tendency to withdraw when hurt or in order to centre their thoughts. Also, the whole 'holding themselves back whilst having an appearance of not doing so'. ENTP-experience says they love nothing more than sharing their logic with others and don't see the point in being secretive - they're generally less sensitive to criticism.

Yup.

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFJ/ESFP

I get you're angle, but I'm inclined to go with ESFP - ESFJ's tend to have a higher regard to social rules, and thus censor themselves.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This thread doesn't make any sense - I thought the extra/introversion for a given personality is determined by the percentage in the E/I.

... for instance, an INTP with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTJ with I (90%), whereas an INTJ with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTP with I (90%)... but they're both introverted personalities.

:coffee:

Yes, but we are only taking the types' traits into consideration. And we are talking in a general sense.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm sorry - but I cannot get on board with this. Every ENTP I've ever known has HATED time alone and been constant chatter-ers. I'm still going with ENFP here - 'needing the most time alone to ground themselves' (personalitypage site) and a tendency to withdraw when hurt or in order to centre their thoughts. Also, the whole 'holding themselves back whilst having an appearance of not doing so'. ENTP-experience says they love nothing more than sharing their logic with others and don't see the point in being secretive - they're generally less sensitive to criticism.

Well, yeah, I'd say the ENTP's lack of preoccupation as far as hurting others' feelings (when compared with the ENFP) could tip the balance. ENTPs "know they are better than the rest" and have no problem in behaving as such. ENFPs "know they are better than the rest" but don't want to behave as such, so they withdraw.

Don't shoot me for this whole "knowing you're better than the rest" thing, though. It's not to be taken too literally.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Think you meant the types' traits' functionality for what the traits could help achieve - not much a question of an extra/introversion criteria.

... then again, it's cool...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ haha... nice job :D

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most extroverted extrovert: ESFP

Most introverted extrovert: ENFP

Most extroverted introvert: ISFP

Most introverted introvert: INTP

imo

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I propose (based on everything I previously said plus others ideas which I see solid reasoning behind) my final opinion on the matter:

Most introverted extrovert= ENFP

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Most extroverted introvert = ISFP

Most introverted extrovert = ESTJ

Most introverted introvert = INTJ

Most extroverted extrovert = ESFP