User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 74

  1. #31
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
    Sure, every individual is different and some people will be more or less comfortable using their creative (2nd) function. I guess the point I was making was that E/I in mbti is not exactly the same thing as introversion and extroversion in other fields of psychology (though it is related). So we can look at the other information elements e.g. N or F, and see if and how they have a measurable effect on how much the individual feels inclined to interact with others and the 'external' world.
    That's new.

    ... I get it now.

  2. #32
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Most extroverted extrovert: ESFP

    Most introverted extrovert: ENFP

    Most extroverted introvert: ISFP

    Most introverted introvert: INTP

    imo
    agree

  3. #33
    Senior Member FantailedWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Introverted Extravert: ENTP
    Introverted Introvert: INTP
    Extraverted Introvert: INFJ
    Extraverted Extravert: ENFJ
    ...Reasoning?

  4. #34
    Senior Member cloakofsnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFx
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    Woah. No way!
    (Particularly with the 'ENTJ' most introverted extrovert?! I pose this question to you ma'am - have you ever met an ENTJ?)

    I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree.

    I admit I base my list on theory and what I've read (mostly of Jungians rather than Myers-Briggs & Keirsey). The reason I don't base this on real people is that I can never be sure what a person's true type is. I may think of the most extraverted extravert real person I know in my life and assume he must be an ENTJ because he fits what I've heard about ENTJ, but I don't really know that for sure. I also don't necessarily believe the tests because tests are not necessarily accurate either, so even if a person says he tested as ENTJ, there's still doubt.

    Then there's the fact that a lot of what I read of Jung actually contradicts a lot of assumptions that we make here in the online type community. For instance, Carl Jung actually said that Albert Einstein was an Extraverted Thinking Type. And so was Charles Darwin, according to Jung. So in Myers-Brigg code, they'd be either ENTJ or ESTJ! And yet here in the type community we usually type these two guys as INTP. So... I don't know.

  5. #35
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    Then there's the fact that a lot of what I read of Jung actually contradicts a lot of assumptions that we make here in the online type community. For instance, Carl Jung actually said that Albert Einstein was an Extraverted Thinking Type. And so was Charles Darwin, according to Jung. So in Myers-Brigg code, they'd be either ENTJ or ESTJ! And yet here in the type community we usually type these two guys as INTP. So... I don't know.
    Interestingly, heres an argument for einstein being ENTp (Socionics though...):

    Linky

  6. #36
    Senior Member cloakofsnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFx
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post


    Originally Posted by cloakofsnow
    Most Extraverted Introvert = INFP
    Most Introverted Introvert = ISTJ
    Most Introverted Extravert = ENTJ
    Most Extraverted Extravert = ESFP


    I base this on my opinion that S's make the most extreme of both ends of the E/I spectrum whereas N's are more "in between", and also that F appears more extraverted than T.
    The bolded statement contradicts your list. Also, I disagree. N = more introspective, more imaginary, more daydreaming.

    imo
    I'm not sure why you think so. If the confusion is in what I wrote, then I'll clarify. I think Sensing types are most introverted when they are actually Introverts and most Extraverted when Extraverts. Therefore I have ISTJ as the most introverted Introvert because the dominant function of ISTJ is Si-Introverted Sensing. ESFP is the most extraverted Extravert because the dominant function is Se-Extraverted Sensing. The extraverted Introvert and introverted Extraverts are N types because I believe N's are more in between.

    I think you're probably right that N is more introspective. But I can't help leaving room for the possibility that there's a difference between being Intuitive and being Introspective. After all, if Intuitive = Introspective, then Jung could have named the Intuitive type the "Introspective type". ("Introspective" would probably have been more well-received too, since the word "intuition" is usually viewed with suspicion in the normal, everyday world.) Perhaps there's a reason why more N's are introspective, but that doesn't mean that being N necessarily means being introspective, IMO.

  7. #37
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    I'm not sure why you think so. If the confusion is in what I wrote, then I'll clarify. I think Sensing types are most introverted when they are actually Introverts and most Extraverted when Extraverts. Therefore I have ISTJ as the most introverted Introvert because the dominant function of ISTJ is Si-Introverted Sensing. ESFP is the most extraverted Extravert because the dominant function is Se-Extraverted Sensing. The extraverted Introvert and introverted Extraverts are N types because I believe N's are more in between.
    Oh, woops.

    I think you're probably right that N is more introspective. But I can't help leaving room for the possibility that there's a difference between being Intuitive and being Introspective. After all, if Intuitive = Introspective, then Jung could have named the Intuitive type the "Introspective type". ("Introspective" would probably have been more well-received too, since the word "intuition" is usually viewed with suspicion in the normal, everyday world.) Perhaps there's a reason why more N's are introspective, but that doesn't mean that being N necessarily means being introspective, IMO.
    There is a difference. However, Ns tend to be more introspective in my experience. Correlation, but not the same thing. Apologies for not including my usual words/phrases that clarify the non-absolutist nature of my statements.

  8. #38
    Member D'Artagnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I don't get it, though. What does "feet on the ground" have to do with being extroverted? Just because my feet are on the ground doesn't mean I have any idea what the hell to say to the other people on the ground.
    Fair point. I suppose I ment the cliché that with every other function equal an N will spend more time imagining and in their own heads while an S will be more focused on the situation at hand and less on possibilites. In terms of extroversion I suppose an S will more inclined to get out and stay out there while an N (even an E) can happily daydream themselves into a coma

    Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    Agree with everything other than your reasoning for this one.

    ENFPs are 'ideas' people just as much as ENTPs - only they are more inclined to daydream fanciful possibilities rather than ideas rooted in logic (though we do both, just as ENTPs do) They need even more time alone to be able to centre their logic so it fits around their ideals.
    This is the one I know least about as I know very few ENFPs. Hmmm, I guess I fall into the trap of using myself as an example - though I'm far from introverted I can sometimes be very unmotivated (lazy) to do anything, including socializing but can't get enough once I begin. I tend to also be phlegmatic with my realtions with others, saying hi in the corridor one day and not the next. Its not that I'm repelled its merely that I'm probably having fantastic ideas about something that really interests me This is fine for those who know me but has offended those who work with me - confusion arrises as to what I feel about them. Perhaps I'm just mixing up introversion and unsocial behaviour (or perhaps they're the one and the same)
    Chivalry is only a name for that general spirit or state of mind which disposes men to heroic actions, and keeps them conversant with all that is beautiful and sublime in the intellectual and moral world
    - Kenelm Henry Digby

  9. #39
    Senior Member cloakofsnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFx
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Interestingly, heres an argument for einstein being ENTp (Socionics though...):

    Linky
    Well, I must admit that I can be bit too in love with Carl Jung and his version of things (at least what I can understand of it, since his writings are atrociously garbled). Because I tend to follow Jung's system first before any other, I usually end up coming to different conclusions than other people do about someone's/something's type. But I totally see where most of you are coming from based on the Isabel Myers & Keirsey systems.

  10. #40
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Most extroverted introvert= ISFP

    Most introverted extrovert= ENTP/ENFP
    I smell bias!

    Most introverted introvert= INTP

    Most extroverted extrovert= ESFJ
    That's weird. S_P counts more E for introverts than extroverts?

    Just a guess.
    Indeed.

    I'd say NP (abstract perception) would qualify as a inherently more introverted trait, in todays society.
    well I don't know what society has to do with it, but yea.
    sensation is more external world.
    even though Is-js are more S than is-ps, since were more concerned by the E-ness of the symptom, the natural attitude of the sensation function counts more than the order of it's preference.
    we fukin won boys

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Are ENFPs the most introverted extroverts?
    By highlander in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 05:31 AM
  2. [ENFP] Why are ENFPs the most "introverted extrovert"
    By The Wailing Specter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM
  3. Describe the most introverted person you know
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
  4. The most extroverted type
    By yenom in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 03:57 AM
  5. The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?
    By Mace in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO