User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFx

Most Extraverted Introvert = INFP
    Most Introverted Introvert = ISTJ
    Most Introverted Extravert = ENTJ
    Most Extraverted Extravert = ESFP

I base this on my opinion that S's make the most extreme of both ends of the E/I spectrum whereas N's are more "in between", and also that F appears more extraverted than T.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    Woah. No way!
    (Particularly with the 'ENTJ' most introverted extrovert?! I pose this question to you ma'am - have you ever met an ENTJ?)

I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    (No high five smiley? I thought there was one...)

*high fives*

Was gonna say ENTP, but you convinced me about ENFP.
    I don't know - is there?!
    Not ALL us ENFPs are smiley experts, ya'know!

And - cheers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by persianness View Post
    This thread doesn't make any sense - I thought the extra/introversion for a given personality is determined by the percentage in the E/I.

... for instance, an INTP with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTJ with I (90%), whereas an INTJ with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTP with I (90%)... but they're both introverted personalities.

Sure, every individual is different and some people will be more or less comfortable using their creative (2nd) function. I guess the point I was making was that E/I in mbti is not exactly the same thing as introversion and extroversion in other fields of psychology (though it is related). So we can look at the other information elements e.g. N or F, and see if and how they have a measurable effect on how much the individual feels inclined to interact with others and the 'external' world.

For me:

Most extro Introvert: ISFP - Of those I've known they are very emotionally limber and can swing from joyful pseudo-extrovert to melancholy hermit

Most intro Extrovert: ENTP - I think its hard to see in normal ENTP behaviour but when an idea takes hold can spend a remarkably amount of time alone thinking and imagining posibilites

Most extro Extrovert: ESFP - Interaction is their concaine ; I've never had an ESFP say to me that they need some 'alone' time

Most intro Introvert: INTP - Thought this one was pretty evident; you guys are social camels - once a week will hold you over Respect!
    Chivalry is only a name for that general spirit or state of mind which disposes men to heroic actions, and keeps them conversant with all that is beautiful and sublime in the intellectual and moral world
    - Kenelm Henry Digby
    Likes zimi liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    I don't know - is there?!
    Not ALL us ENFPs are smiley experts, ya'know!

And - cheers
    Aha. There is a high five smiley... on INTPc.

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    Most Extraverted Introvert = INFP
    Most Extraverted Extravert = ESFP

I base this on my opinion that S's make the most extreme of both ends of the E/I spectrum whereas N's are more "in between", and also that F appears more extraverted than T.
    The bolded statement contradicts your list. Also, I disagree. N = more introspective, more imaginary, more daydreaming.

imo

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
    Most intro Extrovert: ENTP - I think its hard to see in normal ENTP behaviour but when an idea takes hold can spend a remarkably amount of time alone thinking and imagining posibilites
    Yeah. I've met quite a bit of ENTPs, and there seems to be two kinds. First kind: the type that never shuts up, always spouting off whatever random idea their Ne came up. Second: the type that is capable of hermiting up for a while and getting some "work" (reading a book, playing a video game, research on whatever scientific topic took their fancy) done. Though they will tend to want to discuss it afterward. (Ignore the blatantly obvious counter remark of "difference of extremity in extroversion preference)

Most intro Introvert: INTP - Thought this one was pretty evident; you guys are social camels - once a week will hold you over Respect!
    You underestimate us. Try a few months. (How much does a forum count for, anyway?)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    I'd go with ISFP over ISFJ - for similar reasons as ESFP over ESFJ.
    INFJ's most EXTROVERTED?!
    Dear lord. They are some of the most aloof, 'head in the clouds' turned-inward people I know.
    They weren't in any particular order, but I'd go with ISFx and then INFJ if I was forced to put them in order. The INFJs I've known well (3) could easily be confused with extroverts.

I'm sorry - but I cannot get on board with this. Every ENTP I've ever known has HATED time alone and been constant chatter-ers.
    I'm still going with ENFP here - 'needing the most time alone to ground themselves' (personalitypage site) and a tendency to withdraw when hurt or in order to centre their thoughts. Also, the whole 'holding themselves back whilst having an appearance of not doing so'. ENTP-experience says they love nothing more than sharing their logic with others and don't see the point in being secretive - they're generally less sensitive to criticism.
    Well, some ENTPs are more extroverted than others. They also need time to focus and fine tune their thoughts, which aren't value and people oriented like in the ENFP.

I'll admit that I don't fully know about ENFP vs ENTP. The ENFPs I've known can have intensely introverted sides, I will give you that.

I get you're angle, but I'm inclined to go with ESFP - ESFJ's tend to have a higher regard to social rules, and thus censor themselves.
    I don't consider self censoring to be an introverted vs extroverted trait, but could otherwise be easily convinced that ESFP is more extroverted.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Just musing on how the different functions determine how in touch with the "real world" we each are. N types seem to have a 'head in the clouds' rep while Sensers practically define 'feet on the ground' A similiar thing could be said about T and F types. Its most likely that these preferences play a big part in how the external, everyday world affects and defines us (in addition to the E/I attitude).

So my question, is there a most extorverted introvert? Or introverted extrovert? And on the other extreme, the most introverted introvert? Or extroverted extrovert? I suppose there must be but just curious for other's opinions
    I don't get it, though. What does "feet on the ground" have to do with being extroverted? Just because my feet are on the ground doesn't mean I have any idea what the hell to say to the other people on the ground.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Introverted Extravert: ENTP
    Introverted Introvert: INTP
    Extraverted Introvert: INFJ
    Extraverted Extravert: ENFJ
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Type generalisations? Sure, why not.

Most extroverted introvert/extrovert = xSFP

Most introverted introvert/extrovert = xNTP

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

For me:

Agree with everything other than your reasoning for this one.

ENFPs are 'ideas' people just as much as ENTPs - only they are more inclined to daydream fanciful possibilities rather than ideas rooted in logic (though we do both, just as ENTPs do) They need even more time alone to be able to centre their logic so it fits around their ideals.

We both have the same primary function, steered by our intuition and are the same ENP type as children before showing a preference for 'T' or 'F'.
    An ENFP who has grown to understand the value of logic can appear very ENTP-like and vice versa with ENTPs and emotion.

The thing I think sets ENFPs apart from ENTPs in regards to needing 'alone time', is that they are also, typically, more sensitive. Thus it is easier to offend an ENFP - causing them to withdraw into a cocoon.

Yet to be convinced that ENTPs (on a general scale) are more inclined to time alone than ENFPs.