• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Most Extroverted Introvert?

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Most Extraverted Introvert = INFP
Most Introverted Introvert = ISTJ
Most Introverted Extravert = ENTJ
Most Extraverted Extravert = ESFP

I base this on my opinion that S's make the most extreme of both ends of the E/I spectrum whereas N's are more "in between", and also that F appears more extraverted than T.:glasses:

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5

Woah. No way!
(Particularly with the 'ENTJ' most introverted extrovert?! I pose this question to you ma'am - have you ever met an ENTJ?)

I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
(No high five smiley? I thought there was one...)

*high fives*

Was gonna say ENTP, but you convinced me about ENFP.

I don't know - is there?!
Not ALL us ENFPs are smiley experts, ya'know!

And - cheers :)

D'Artagnan

MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread doesn't make any sense - I thought the extra/introversion for a given personality is determined by the percentage in the E/I.

... for instance, an INTP with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTJ with I (90%), whereas an INTJ with I (60%) is more extravert as compared to an INTP with I (90%)... but they're both introverted personalities.

:coffee:

Sure, every individual is different and some people will be more or less comfortable using their creative (2nd) function. I guess the point I was making was that E/I in mbti is not exactly the same thing as introversion and extroversion in other fields of psychology (though it is related). So we can look at the other information elements e.g. N or F, and see if and how they have a measurable effect on how much the individual feels inclined to interact with others and the 'external' world.

For me:

Most extro Introvert: ISFP - Of those I've known they are very emotionally limber and can swing from joyful pseudo-extrovert to melancholy hermit :wubbie:

Most intro Extrovert: ENTP - I think its hard to see in normal ENTP behaviour but when an idea takes hold can spend a remarkably amount of time alone thinking and imagining posibilites :reading:

Most extro Extrovert: ESFP - Interaction is their concaine :static:; I've never had an ESFP say to me that they need some 'alone' time

Most intro Introvert: INTP - Thought this one was pretty evident; you guys are social camels - once a week will hold you over :peepwall: Respect!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know - is there?!
Not ALL us ENFPs are smiley experts, ya'know!

And - cheers :)

Aha. There is a high five smiley... on INTPc.

I base this on my opinion that S's make the most extreme of both ends of the E/I spectrum whereas N's are more "in between", and also that F appears more extraverted than T.:glasses:

The bolded statement contradicts your list. Also, I disagree. N = more introspective, more imaginary, more daydreaming.

imo

Most intro Extrovert: ENTP - I think its hard to see in normal ENTP behaviour but when an idea takes hold can spend a remarkably amount of time alone thinking and imagining posibilites :reading:

Yeah. I've met quite a bit of ENTPs, and there seems to be two kinds. First kind: the type that never shuts up, always spouting off whatever random idea their Ne came up. Second: the type that is capable of hermiting up for a while and getting some "work" (reading a book, playing a video game, research on whatever scientific topic took their fancy) done. Though they will tend to want to discuss it afterward. (Ignore the blatantly obvious counter remark of "difference of extremity in extroversion preference)

Most intro Introvert: INTP - Thought this one was pretty evident; you guys are social camels - once a week will hold you over :peepwall: Respect!

You underestimate us. Try a few months. (How much does a forum count for, anyway?)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd go with ISFP over ISFJ - for similar reasons as ESFP over ESFJ.
INFJ's most EXTROVERTED?! :shock:
Dear lord. They are some of the most aloof, 'head in the clouds' turned-inward people I know.

They weren't in any particular order, but I'd go with ISFx and then INFJ if I was forced to put them in order. The INFJs I've known well (3) could easily be confused with extroverts.

I'm sorry - but I cannot get on board with this. Every ENTP I've ever known has HATED time alone and been constant chatter-ers.
I'm still going with ENFP here - 'needing the most time alone to ground themselves' (personalitypage site) and a tendency to withdraw when hurt or in order to centre their thoughts. Also, the whole 'holding themselves back whilst having an appearance of not doing so'. ENTP-experience says they love nothing more than sharing their logic with others and don't see the point in being secretive - they're generally less sensitive to criticism.

Well, some ENTPs are more extroverted than others. They also need time to focus and fine tune their thoughts, which aren't value and people oriented like in the ENFP.

I'll admit that I don't fully know about ENFP vs ENTP. The ENFPs I've known can have intensely introverted sides, I will give you that.

I get you're angle, but I'm inclined to go with ESFP - ESFJ's tend to have a higher regard to social rules, and thus censor themselves.

I don't consider self censoring to be an introverted vs extroverted trait, but could otherwise be easily convinced that ESFP is more extroverted.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just musing on how the different functions determine how in touch with the "real world" we each are. N types seem to have a 'head in the clouds' rep while Sensers practically define 'feet on the ground' :yes: A similiar thing could be said about T and F types. Its most likely that these preferences play a big part in how the external, everyday world affects and defines us (in addition to the E/I attitude).

So my question, is there a most extorverted introvert? Or introverted extrovert? And on the other extreme, the most introverted introvert? Or extroverted extrovert? I suppose there must be but just curious for other's opinions :)

I don't get it, though. What does "feet on the ground" have to do with being extroverted? Just because my feet are on the ground doesn't mean I have any idea what the hell to say to the other people on the ground.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Introverted Extravert: ENTP
Introverted Introvert: INTP
Extraverted Introvert: INFJ
Extraverted Extravert: ENFJ

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type generalisations? Sure, why not.

Most extroverted introvert/extrovert = xSFP

Most introverted introvert/extrovert = xNTP

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
For me:

Agree with everything other than your reasoning for this one.

ENFPs are 'ideas' people just as much as ENTPs - only they are more inclined to daydream fanciful possibilities rather than ideas rooted in logic (though we do both, just as ENTPs do) They need even more time alone to be able to centre their logic so it fits around their ideals.

We both have the same primary function, steered by our intuition and are the same ENP type as children before showing a preference for 'T' or 'F'.
An ENFP who has grown to understand the value of logic can appear very ENTP-like and vice versa with ENTPs and emotion.

The thing I think sets ENFPs apart from ENTPs in regards to needing 'alone time', is that they are also, typically, more sensitive. Thus it is easier to offend an ENFP - causing them to withdraw into a cocoon.

Yet to be convinced that ENTPs (on a general scale) are more inclined to time alone than ENFPs.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure, every individual is different and some people will be more or less comfortable using their creative (2nd) function. I guess the point I was making was that E/I in mbti is not exactly the same thing as introversion and extroversion in other fields of psychology (though it is related). So we can look at the other information elements e.g. N or F, and see if and how they have a measurable effect on how much the individual feels inclined to interact with others and the 'external' world.

That's new.

... I get it now.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Woah. No way!
(Particularly with the 'ENTJ' most introverted extrovert?! I pose this question to you ma'am - have you ever met an ENTJ?)

I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree.

I admit I base my list on theory and what I've read (mostly of Jungians rather than Myers-Briggs & Keirsey). The reason I don't base this on real people is that I can never be sure what a person's true type is. I may think of the most extraverted extravert real person I know in my life and assume he must be an ENTJ because he fits what I've heard about ENTJ, but I don't really know that for sure. I also don't necessarily believe the tests because tests are not necessarily accurate either, so even if a person says he tested as ENTJ, there's still doubt.

Then there's the fact that a lot of what I read of Jung actually contradicts a lot of assumptions that we make here in the online type community. For instance, Carl Jung actually said that Albert Einstein was an Extraverted Thinking Type. And so was Charles Darwin, according to Jung. So in Myers-Brigg code, they'd be either ENTJ or ESTJ! And yet here in the type community we usually type these two guys as INTP. So... I don't know.:huh:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Then there's the fact that a lot of what I read of Jung actually contradicts a lot of assumptions that we make here in the online type community. For instance, Carl Jung actually said that Albert Einstein was an Extraverted Thinking Type. And so was Charles Darwin, according to Jung. So in Myers-Brigg code, they'd be either ENTJ or ESTJ! And yet here in the type community we usually type these two guys as INTP. So... I don't know.:huh:

Interestingly, heres an argument for einstein being ENTp (Socionics though...):

Linky

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Originally Posted by cloakofsnow

I base this on my opinion that S's make the most extreme of both ends of the E/I spectrum whereas N's are more "in between", and also that F appears more extraverted than T.

The bolded statement contradicts your list. Also, I disagree. N = more introspective, more imaginary, more daydreaming.

imo

I'm not sure why you think so. If the confusion is in what I wrote, then I'll clarify. I think Sensing types are most introverted when they are actually Introverts and most Extraverted when Extraverts. Therefore I have ISTJ as the most introverted Introvert because the dominant function of ISTJ is Si-Introverted Sensing. ESFP is the most extraverted Extravert because the dominant function is Se-Extraverted Sensing. The extraverted Introvert and introverted Extraverts are N types because I believe N's are more in between.

I think you're probably right that N is more introspective. But I can't help leaving room for the possibility that there's a difference between being Intuitive and being Introspective. After all, if Intuitive = Introspective, then Jung could have named the Intuitive type the "Introspective type". ("Introspective" would probably have been more well-received too, since the word "intuition" is usually viewed with suspicion in the normal, everyday world.) Perhaps there's a reason why more N's are introspective, but that doesn't mean that being N necessarily means being introspective, IMO.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not sure why you think so. If the confusion is in what I wrote, then I'll clarify. I think Sensing types are most introverted when they are actually Introverts and most Extraverted when Extraverts. Therefore I have ISTJ as the most introverted Introvert because the dominant function of ISTJ is Si-Introverted Sensing. ESFP is the most extraverted Extravert because the dominant function is Se-Extraverted Sensing. The extraverted Introvert and introverted Extraverts are N types because I believe N's are more in between.

Oh, woops.

I think you're probably right that N is more introspective. But I can't help leaving room for the possibility that there's a difference between being Intuitive and being Introspective. After all, if Intuitive = Introspective, then Jung could have named the Intuitive type the "Introspective type". ("Introspective" would probably have been more well-received too, since the word "intuition" is usually viewed with suspicion in the normal, everyday world.) Perhaps there's a reason why more N's are introspective, but that doesn't mean that being N necessarily means being introspective, IMO.

There is a difference. However, Ns tend to be more introspective in my experience. Correlation, but not the same thing. Apologies for not including my usual words/phrases that clarify the non-absolutist nature of my statements.

D'Artagnan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get it, though. What does "feet on the ground" have to do with being extroverted? Just because my feet are on the ground doesn't mean I have any idea what the hell to say to the other people on the ground.

Fair point. I suppose I ment the cliché that with every other function equal an N will spend more time imagining and in their own heads while an S will be more focused on the situation at hand and less on possibilites. In terms of extroversion I suppose an S will more inclined to get out and stay out there while an N (even an E) can happily daydream themselves into a coma :blink:

Agree with everything other than your reasoning for this one.

ENFPs are 'ideas' people just as much as ENTPs - only they are more inclined to daydream fanciful possibilities rather than ideas rooted in logic (though we do both, just as ENTPs do) They need even more time alone to be able to centre their logic so it fits around their ideals.

This is the one I know least about as I know very few ENFPs. Hmmm, I guess I fall into the trap of using myself as an example - though I'm far from introverted :newwink: I can sometimes be very unmotivated (lazy) to do anything, including socializing but can't get enough once I begin. I tend to also be phlegmatic with my realtions with others, saying hi in the corridor one day and not the next. Its not that I'm repelled its merely that I'm probably having fantastic ideas about something that really interests me :happy2: This is fine for those who know me but has offended those who work with me - confusion arrises as to what I feel about them. Perhaps I'm just mixing up introversion and unsocial behaviour (or perhaps they're the one and the same) :devil:

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Interestingly, heres an argument for einstein being ENTp (Socionics though...):

Linky

Well, I must admit that I can be bit too in love with Carl Jung and his version of things (at least what I can understand of it, since his writings are atrociously garbled).:wubbie: Because I tend to follow Jung's system first before any other, I usually end up coming to different conclusions than other people do about someone's/something's type. But I totally see where most of you are coming from based on the Isabel Myers & Keirsey systems. :)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Most extroverted introvert= ISFP

Most introverted extrovert= ENTP/ENFP
I smell bias!

Most introverted introvert= INTP

Most extroverted extrovert= ESFJ
That's weird. S_P counts more E for introverts than extroverts?

Just a guess.
Indeed.

I'd say NP (abstract perception) would qualify as a inherently more introverted trait, in todays society.
well I don't know what society has to do with it, but yea.
sensation is more external world.
even though Is-js are more S than is-ps, since were more concerned by the E-ness of the symptom, the natural attitude of the sensation function counts more than the order of it's preference.