User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default How simlilar are INTP'S and INFP'S?

If at all...I'm asking because I feel like ENTP and ENFP are similar in a lot of ways but I rarely see people being confused about INTP/INFP. Is it because they are so different? Or is/was it hard for others to know for sure?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INFPs keep apologizing for everything!

.lol
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you saying i'm an infp...i'm sorry for being presumptuous...i really do apologize...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INFPs keep apologizing for everything!

.lol

Hahaha so true. I do that a lot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's just an nf thing i guess, right?

i guess they're quite different...but weird to me that they would be...so much more then enfp/entp.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

I've considered whether I might have some INTP/INFP ambiguity before, and I know there's at least an INXP or two over at intpc. My last gf was an INFP, and while we didn't look terribly similar on the surface, as we got to know each other better we discovered that we had a whole lot in common. We're basically the same except that she deals with ideals from values and I deal with ideals from ideas and reason. Which, if each side can understand where the other's coming from in that respect, works really well.

IME with others of these types, I haven't found that INTPs and INFPs are any further apart than ENTPs and ENFPs either, so maybe it's just the people on this board? (Or maybe it's just the people I know) Well, FWIW...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's the first time i've seen FWIW and knew what it meant because of context...off topic i know but i never knew what that meant until now...so thanks! haha

and...i do see similarities between entp and enfp but maybe it's the extraverted intuition thing...because maybe depending on our company we project the t or f whichever seems more fitting...i wonder.

and maybe introverts don't do that as much? i don't know...just thinking out loud.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think as far as working styles they can seem similar, they both use Ne to engage others and so sometimes there are similarities in vision and manner.

The Fi value basis can come off strong if you get INFPs to open up.

Or if they're developed Te, that's where they can seem "hard" -- they can show this sort of impersonal "work the issues" approach that doesn't seen very INFP at all until you discuss deeply with them the issues and then you see the Fi rationale driving things but it's being expressed in Te fashion rather than Ne per se.

INTPs easily fall into a detached assessment of a situation, if you ask them to explain their reasoning, and they seem less "protective" of their feelings than just indifferent to them altogether sometimes. They can also commonly say things like, "Yeah, maybe i feel that way, but what's that have to do with the truth of it?" There's a very clear distinct over what one feels or might seem convenient, versus what the "true assessment" is... or perhaps a complete lack of awareness or acknowledgement of one's personal feelings at all. Feelings are "objects" to be scrutinized rather than part of the individual.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

The weird thing is that I relate very well to INxPs, and sometimes feel like I have more developed F than some other INTPs. But I don't feel like I relate to INFPs all that much. There is a bit of a barrier there where I run up against the Fi, which I can appreciate from a distance, but then I don't know where to go from there. My sense of humor usually runs along the lines of, "If it's funny, it's not offensive"--I don't set out to hurt others' feelings, but I don't go overboard on being sensitive about it, either, and there are very few sacred cows for me in that regard. Also, INFP tend to be much more involved in "making a change," having a favorite political cause or whatnot, and I tend to be much more apathetic or cynical. I feel like I relate more to INTJs and then ENTPs, and then maybe INFPs.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting thanks for that.
    -Jim Morrison