• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How simlilar are INTP'S and INFP'S?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Confident modesty. We know we are smart enough to solve any intellectual challenge, and yet smart enough to realize that ultimately, we are not infallible.

I did say 'in some cases' - I meant it could come across this way.
Don't think I've ever had contact with an excessively humble INTP, as CzeCze seemed to be suggesting.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I did say 'in some cases' - I meant it could come across this way.
Don't think I've ever had contact with an excessively humble INTP, as CzeCze seemed to be suggesting.

Oh ok then. Yeah, I can definitely come across as overly confident. Much to my annoyance sometimes. And humble doesn't really describe me well.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the most frustrating mutual misunderstandings I have with others are the ones I have with INTPs. It's like there's a sense of identification there but it is just slightly askew enough not to grasp where the misunderstanding lies.

Others, with further discussion, I can pick up where the roots of the misunderstanding lie.

Jennifer, just you wait, Girl. Someday you're going to demand an apology from me and I'm gonna stick out my tongue! :devil:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs and INFPs are a good bit alike. Fi = values when communicating, Ti = logic that is true when communicating. Both of us communicate using what is true to us with Ne.

deleted
They both have big fucking imaginations/head in the clouds. True the more N they are. They dream a lot while sleeping from what I've heard.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They both have big fucking imaginations/head in the clouds. True the more N they are. They dream a lot while sleeping from what I've heard.

Lol yep. People think I'm insane, but it's really just me thinking at a millon miles per second. ;)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
They dream a lot while sleeping from what I've heard.

Huh. That's definitely true for me. I wonder how true this is in general for INPs.

But doesn't everybody do this?

Or not?

Must ponder... Shall make thread on this in near future.

deleted
To disagree, I see them as similar, especially how often one isn't sure if they're an INFP or an INTP or an IN Creepy.

We also have this
from Wikisocion
Ni as a base function, Introverted Intuition generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his/her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with base Introverted Intuition may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he/she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.

And you mentioned ENFP and ENTP being alike, there is this

from Wikisocion
The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things.

He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.

He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive ).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To disagree, I see them as similar, especially how often one isn't sure if they're an INFP or an INTP or an IN Creepy.

Proud IN Creepy here. 50% on feeling/thinking, 60% on P vs J, bring it. :tongue:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought X people couldn't exist. Lol

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Shakes fist* Be more clear, you!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We technically are not purely black and purely white.

However I did not mean to derail the thread, let's get it back on track.

Any INTPs want to contribute with how they feel similar to INFPs? Earlier I read that INTPs dream alot, the same is with INFPs. Our minds are all over the place, even while we sleep!

deleted
It couldn't be from Ne could it?

Wouldn't Ne require an outward source for these ongoing dreams?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to agree with you on that lemons.