First 678

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    ^^ What I said but articulated much more concisely. Ha.
    Yeah. He does that.

...One area of cosmetic overlap:

INTPs tend to systematize people. If interested in people, they can easily focus their sense of systematic conceptualization on "people" as the system in question. So they can easily understand values/ethics in the sense of spiritual/psychological growth as an observable process that can be reduced to core principles ("this is how it seems to work, while that framework doesn't work," etc.). But it's still this "systems" sense, usually, and with times certain people might be related to within the process on a more personal level as a secondary consideration. You will still sense an impersonal quality to their descriptions of people, they seem to easily just generalize outwards from specific people, looking for the underlying principle.

INFPs tend to approach people as individuals and think fully in the sense of context and relationship, rather than abstracting the whole way out from the start. The abstracted conceptual framework of people and growth as a process is something that comes after -- it starts with the person of interest/value, and the stepping away tends to be forced.

Using Ne, both can communicate well together and that's usually where the connection most easily occurs -- both look at the actual world and then project possibilities from it; but the core focus is different.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

They dont always look that different at first glance, the INFP being more likely to be mistaken for an INTP, not the other way around. Often you have to get to know the INFP better to see the Fi intensity and conscience beneath the reserved, sometimes dry and ironic exterior.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

INFPs believe first and then build logical arguments around those beliefs.

INTPs analyze and analyze, and only when something strikes them as logical, do they start believing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think that INFPs and INTPs are very similar, and they make really really great friends. Becuase I'm so close to being an INFP, a lot of my friends are INTP, and ENTP for that matter.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I think that INFPs and INTPs are very similar, and they make really really great friends. Becuase I'm so close to being an INFP, a lot of my friends are INTP, and ENTP for that matter.
    What leads you to believe that INTPs and INFPs are similar?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Discussions like this are why naming categories for the different process tandems is useful, as I suggest here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dem-names.html

Both NP types are what I call "circumspective", meaning that their perception tends to "look around", Ne, at past, present and future possibilities, and Si focusing more on the past. Hence, both types pretty much "see things the same way". (Ni and Se deal more with the present, and "moving forth" from there). Preferred Ne is informative, and in an auxiliary position indicates, of course, introversion, and together yields a common Behind the Scenes or Phlegmatic Interaction Style. So they will actually be very similar in surface social skills.
    Where they're different is is FP using "systemic" judgment. Fi and Te work together in building systems in one way or another. TP is more "harmonic", with Ti creating logical harmony, and Fe interpersonal harmony (even though it's inferior in this case). You can even see the contrast in posts like groove's, right above.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Not at all similar.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Not at all similar.
    INFPs and INTPs see the world and gather information via Ne and Si. Both of them have a bank of information in their head via Fi and Ti. The inferiors are where the differences seem very noticeable though.

Fi and Ti are very similar in a sense that it's a bank of mental information both ways, but what that information is is very different. It's like two identical banks holding different currencies.

The both of us share Ne and Si. Ne is the INTP and INFP's advirsory functions, both INFPs and INTPs give advice via Ne. Meaning we give ideas and suggestions etc for advice, and we also articulate our thoughts via Ne. So we can seem very similar. We both use Si in the same form as well.

So I think INTPs and INFPs are very similar to each other.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    They dont always look that different at first glance, the INFP being more likely to be mistaken for an INTP, not the other way around. Often you have to get to know the INFP better to see the Fi intensity and conscience beneath the reserved, sometimes dry and ironic exterior.
    Yes, that is me. I often test INTP & I thought I was for awhile, but it never fit right & I know now I am definitely an INFP.

I have a lot of similarities with the INTPs I know, but the main difference is I am much more compassionate & in tune with people's emotions, and they are better at looking at things objectively & giving fair criticism. We will sometimes share the same opinions but have different ways of getting to those same conclusions. I had an INTP friend who would want to argue about something we agreed on, simply because we had different reasons for thinking the same way
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe