User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    ...An INTP? Really?
    Not with any I've ever met - I'd say the opposite. In some cases, a quiet kind of arrogance even.

Frankly, I see very few similarities - but it's interesting to read your insights nonetheless
    Hahaha, that would be one heck of a difference, right?

'INFPs are humble and kind'

'INTPS are arrogant and bastardly'

Honestly, I do see what you're saying.

Thinking about it, I'll say all things being equal, an INTP is more likely to be arrogant or secure in their superiority in a field or specific area than an INFP. INFPs I know seem to have trouble taking credit where credit is due, whereas an INTP will at least take it graciously or as a matter of course.

However, honestly, I think both INXP can be prone to deep or chronic issues of confidence. The arrogance just masks weaker areas or doubts.

BTW - I'm not saying this is the default INXP portrait at all, just picking out the more extreme negative examples for contrasting purposes.

And Udog - HA HA HA. No. They are mix of male and female. And stop ducking. Hold still. No really.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    I did say 'in some cases' - I meant it could come across this way.
    Don't think I've ever had contact with an excessively humble INTP, as CzeCze seemed to be suggesting.
    Oh ok then. Yeah, I can definitely come across as overly confident. Much to my annoyance sometimes. And humble doesn't really describe me well.

MBTI
    INFP

I think the most frustrating mutual misunderstandings I have with others are the ones I have with INTPs. It's like there's a sense of identification there but it is just slightly askew enough not to grasp where the misunderstanding lies.

Others, with further discussion, I can pick up where the roots of the misunderstanding lie.

Jennifer, just you wait, Girl. Someday you're going to demand an apology from me and I'm gonna stick out my tongue!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INTPs and INFPs are a good bit alike. Fi = values when communicating, Ti = logic that is true when communicating. Both of us communicate using what is true to us with Ne.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

deleted

They both have big fucking imaginations/head in the clouds. True the more N they are. They dream a lot while sleeping from what I've heard.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    They both have big fucking imaginations/head in the clouds. True the more N they are. They dream a lot while sleeping from what I've heard.
    Lol yep. People think I'm insane, but it's really just me thinking at a millon miles per second.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

They dream a lot while sleeping from what I've heard.
    Huh. That's definitely true for me. I wonder how true this is in general for INPs.

But doesn't everybody do this?

Or not?

Must ponder... Shall make thread on this in near future.

deleted

To disagree, I see them as similar, especially how often one isn't sure if they're an INFP or an INTP or an IN Creepy.

We also have this
    from Wikisocion
    Ni as a base function, Introverted Intuition generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his/her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with base Introverted Intuition may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he/she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.
    And you mentioned ENFP and ENTP being alike, there is this

from Wikisocion
    The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things.

He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.

He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive ).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

To disagree, I see them as similar, especially how often one isn't sure if they're an INFP or an INTP or an IN Creepy.
    Proud IN Creepy here. 50% on feeling/thinking, 60% on P vs J, bring it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Proud IN Creepy here. 50% on feeling/thinking, 60% on P vs J, bring it.
    INXPs are the utmost awesomist. My best minion is one.