• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Much Sleep Do You Need?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm good with 6-8 hours. If I get any less I'm tired the next day, if I get any more then I just wanna sit around all the next day.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need about 10 hours of sleep each night. If I go for about a week without at least one 10 hour night I cannot think, and the world takes on a dreamlike quality where nothing makes sense and I could be amidst an alien invasion and my response would be "Oh, whatever" as I stumble along like a drunken zombie....
:wacko: :shock:
Anyway... I just really need my sleep, okay? :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm best betwee 5 & 7 hours of sleep.
I'd rather go with less than more if I had to choose 4 or 8. I used to go 4hrs a night for awhile, and it wasn't too pleasant sometimes, but I'd wake up and feel fine up until bedtime. 8 hours or more, I feel lethargic and want to sleep 14hrs..
Damn weird circadian rhythm..

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Left unattended, I'll sleep for 10-12 hours. But I can handle sleeping 5-6 hours for a few nights. I know I need that 10-12 at some point, usually I catch up in the form of naps. The 2-3 hours that I got last night is definitely not enough... (everything is a little...floaty right now...very unsettling)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have always needed 9 hours.
If I only get 6 hours for about 3 days in a row,
I will be exhausted and need to catch up on lost sleep.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Around seven hours or Falcarius becomes a rather miserable so and so. Having said that, he has to confess he only just got up after ten hours sleep today; it is a rather hard life being a dinosaur you see.:laugh:

Gingerale-san

MBTI Type
INFP
I love to sleep and rarely let myself get less than 6 hours. I've never pulled an all-nighter when I had to do something the next day. I usually shoot for at least 8, but left unaccountable, I could sleep 14 hours easily.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
About 7-8 hours. I realize when I get too much sleep, I feel sluggish and lethargic the next day.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8 is perfect. Sometimes I'll sleep 9, but the last hour is lucid dreaming, where I could get out of bed but I don't want to because I'm enjoying my dreams. That 9 solid hours with morning dreams is the best sleep. I can do a lot with that.

Less than 8 is not going to be a good day.

S

Sniffles

I usually do fine with just 6 hours. Oddly if I sleep longer I usually feel worse throughout the day.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
When I was younger, I developed a phobia of falling asleep because I was afraid I might miss something. Back in that time, I would usually stay awake for three days straight, fall asleep for about 30 minutes to 2 hours, and then wake up freaked out and stay up for another three days.

These days I can't seem to get by on less than 4 to 6, although I prefer 7-8. I can break up my sleep to happen during different parts of the day if necessary instead of sleeping all at once, though.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
8,5 hours would be the best but these days I "survive" with 7 - 7,5 hours per night.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
7.5 normally,
After a training session, 8-9, depends on how hard I go on myself.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have quite irregular sleep patterns. During school days I usually get about 4-7 hours, otherwise it's anything from 5-12 hours.
I don't mind sleeping less though, I kind of like the feeling of being tired, except when I feel like crap of course.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have to get at least six, I need seven to eight, and eight to nine is good. I only need over nine if I'm sick, *seriously* warn out, or majorly depressed.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
8 is perfect. Sometimes I'll sleep 9, but the last hour is lucid dreaming, where I could get out of bed but I don't want to because I'm enjoying my dreams. That 9 solid hours with morning dreams is the best sleep. I can do a lot with that.

:D ditto.

V

violaine

Nine hours a night is perfect. Most of the time I get by on much less.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can go without sleep for up to four days at a time, three or four times a month, provided that I am hopped up on copious amounts of drugs.

It's a good life.