First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    No, I don't think I ever had Te as a dominant function. Si was my knack throughout, and I've been known for it by family and friends.
    Well there you have it! I would say that points very strongly to you being ISTJ throughout. The individual letters are only meant to help point you towards the functions.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Well there you have it! I would say that points very strongly to you being ISTJ throughout. The individual letters are only meant to help point you towards the functions.
    Interesting, I just guess I go in and out of liking/disliking socializing then.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I just guess I go in and out of liking/disliking socializing then.
    Yes and that has nothing (or little) to do with type.

MBTI
    ISFJ

ChosenOne, that's a pretty crazy personality change - have you ever thought that maybe you've been depressed for the past year or so?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaisy View Post
    ChosenOne, that's a pretty crazy personality change - have you ever thought that maybe you've been depressed for the past year or so?
    I doubt it, because I don't feel down on myself, you know? I feel energized as heck, normally I know one of the symptoms of depression is a feeling of fatigue and hopelessness. I'm not like this. I notice my personality shifts a lot depending on the environment I'm in.

I was an ESP kid. At age 10, there was a drastic change to ISTJ, then age 19 saw the shift to ESxP for a year's time, then back to ISTJ again.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm just wondering if there is room within each type for maturity for example, do you necessarily have to change type as you mature. Can't you just be like a mature INTP for example, who may look very different from an immature INTP... WOuld love to see a mature ENFP btw... they must be like hens teeth!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I'm just wondering if there is room within each type for maturity for example, do you necessarily have to change type as you mature. Can't you just be like a mature INTP for example, who may look very different from an immature INTP... WOuld love to see a mature ENFP btw... they must be like hens teeth!
    There is room for it by all means. I am not convinced the mbti system does grasp the human existance holistically at all, but saying that one for example switches from p to J cause of maturity is just dumb.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp

My personality has changed significantly over time. I used to be a lot more extraverted just a couple of years ago, and I'd talk before thinking. I was an E. I used to also be more carefree, and go-with-the-flow and more experimental than I am now. I was a very clear P. I used to be more friendly, less confrontational, less hard-working, more creative, and more fun. Definitely more F than I am now. This was just 1 or 2 years ago. If you asked me back then, I would never have thought one's personality could just change like that. But it happened to me. I would say before, I was an ESxP.

I wanted to know if something like this is common, or have you heard of it? Or has it happened to you?
    but was that a phase of your life or was that your actual personality? of course situations call for different preference and we adapt to them

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    What do you mean by "mature" physically, or emotionally? or....the type of maturity that is the result of society/ageism and gaining of responsibility?

As for the OP, of course it's possible to change, personality is dynamic. I was a very distinct intj in my youth but now I have eased up and go with the flow better, INTX now, sometimes I test as intp but it's by 1% preference of P.

MBTI
    ENFP

My personality has changed significantly over time. I used to be a lot more extraverted just a couple of years ago, and I'd talk before thinking. I was an E. I used to also be more carefree, and go-with-the-flow and more experimental than I am now. I was a very clear P. I used to be more friendly, less confrontational, less hard-working, more creative, and more fun. Definitely more F than I am now. This was just 1 or 2 years ago. If you asked me back then, I would never have thought one's personality could just change like that. But it happened to me. I would say before, I was an ESxP.

I wanted to know if something like this is common, or have you heard of it? Or has it happened to you?
    yeah i went from ENFP to INTJ during insane working hours and a very hard life in LA then back to ENFP when i realized what i was becoming and kinda returned back to where i wanted to be.