User Tag List

First 34567 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I believe so too.
    Besides, doesn't every cell change with another cell within seven years? (I am not completely sure about that but I think I heard/read that somewhere) And if so, wouldn't also our "hardware" go through a change?

Now that I think about it; I've found out that I was more or less just pushed into a corner when I wasn't expressing the me I know from inside. And that made me try many different roles/personalities.

Would you understand my reasoning if I say that a circle that gathers circles, soon after becomes a square and when trying to break free becomes a triangle that longs to become a circle again?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I haven't read the whole thread, but I think that if you think your personality type has changed over time you're probably underestimating the amount of variation that can occur within your type.

For example a depressed ESFP wouldn't become an ISTJ (though they may test and behave that way) they would just be a depressed ESFP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Well, I believe I would have been a much much different person than I am today if certain events throughout my childhood up to even last year had not occurred. Now, whether or not I would be an INTJ is another question entirely, but I feel it would have talen me a LOT longer to realize the fact that I was.

When I was younger, though not as developed as today, I know (from stories and personal memories) I was largely more comfortable with keeping to myself and with knowledge and learning in general over social interaction. I also know that I wasn't the least bit empathetic (my mother still believes I have severe personality "defects") and didn't particularly care for social norms either.

so really I'm not sure. Maybe there's some sort of thing going through Middle and High school that messes with people, or temporarily disguises their preferences. Or levels them, who knows. (actually come to think of it people probably do. I just don't.)
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I think that if you think your personality type has changed over time you're probably underestimating the amount of variation that can occur within your type.

For example a depressed ESFP wouldn't become an ISTJ (though they may test and behave that way) they would just be a depressed ESFP.
    good call

everyone seems to be describing MBTI in a behavioral sense. that is not the point of MBTI, though, admittedly, it can reflect behavior... just not define it. MBTI is a model for the human cognition not behavior, but like i said before, behavior can reflect the mind. an ESFP can act like an ISTJ if they so please but that does not make them an ISTJ. they still think like an ESFP. they still perceive the world like and ESFP. they still make decisions like an ESFP. their little hissy fit just makes them appear to be an ISTJ when of course, they are not.

EDIT:

as a side note there is a generally unknown branch of Myers Briggs psychologists that believe that the personality changes every 9 years. at first glance it may seem like a complete change but the change they are describing is the development in the auxiliary, tertiary and shadow functions.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned

I was definitely very I as a kid. I started sliding over to the E side during adolescence and was a full-blown, hard-core E by my late 20s (looking back it was probably a defense mechanism). Over the past several years I've found myself slipping back over to the I side. People have become increasingly draining and my need for contact with others has really begun to diminish. I wanted to keep control of my family, relationships, and business for many years, but now all I want is control over myself. I don't want the headache or responsibility of directing or marshaling others, all I want is my autonomy.

On the other hand, the NTJ has always been very pronounced. Even as a kid, I loved systems, order, and structure. Mathematics and science were always my strongest subjects, and despite years of trying to balance this out with a very broad philosophical education, I always end up back in that neck of the woods.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I was definitely very I as a kid. I started sliding over to the E side during adolescence and was a full-blown, hard-core E by my late 20s (looking back it was probably a defense mechanism). Over the past several years I've found myself slipping back over to the I side. People have become increasingly draining and my need for contact with others has really begun to diminish. I wanted to keep control of my family, relationships, and business for many years, but now all I want is control over myself. I don't want the headache or responsibility of directing or marshaling others, all I want is my autonomy.

On the other hand, the NTJ has always been very pronounced. Even as a kid, I loved systems, order, and structure. Mathematics and science were always my strongest subjects, and despite years of trying to balance this out with a very broad philosophical education, I always end up back in that neck of the woods.
    If the E-ness was just a defense mechanism then I think you're actually INTJ.

Banned

^That's certainly possible. After 20+ years of 'E'ing, however, it's hard to tell. Everyone else in my family is uber E (to the point that I can only handle them in small doses and find myself totally shutting down when in their presence for too long), so who knows.

MBTI
    I

Well as a kid, I loved to be around people, and I would always be more energetic around them. I was ridiculously hyper. I mellowed down when I was 10. I was still extroverted however, up until I was around maybe 14, when I began being introverted. Then when I was 19, I became more extroverted again, and loved to be around people. Then about a year and a half later, I started withdrawing from others. I didn't have the same vigor with others, and I started feeling energized by myself. It felt better before, to be more extroverted.

Anyone got any explanations lol? Did I change my type over this period?

These days, some days I feel quite extroverted but some times I feel very introverted. I'm usually far more often introverted.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Perhaps look into how you're defining introverted and extroverted, do you think your dominant process was switching during those periods?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Perhaps look into how you're defining introverted and extroverted, do you think your dominant process was switching during those periods?
    No, I don't think I ever had Te as a dominant function. Si was my knack throughout, and I've been known for it by family and friends.