User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    My personality has changed significantly over time. I used to be a lot more extraverted just a couple of years ago, and I'd talk before thinking. I was an E. I used to also be more carefree, and go-with-the-flow and more experimental than I am now. I was a very clear P. I used to be more friendly, less confrontational, less hard-working, more creative, and more fun. Definitely more F than I am now. This was just 1 or 2 years ago. If you asked me back then, I would never have thought one's personality could just change like that. But it happened to me. I would say before, I was an ESxP.

I wanted to know if something like this is common, or have you heard of it? Or has it happened to you?
    i was a healthy J (NJ but J nonetheless) and im turning more and more P under prolonged stress. its scary as hell
    i had clear feelings! now my feelings are fuzzy and vague.
    im an E5 with desintegration to E7 *iek*
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I took a test about 7 years ago and I was a clear INFP.

Since then, life had happened and maybe I was a bit bitter about a few things and I completely changed to ISTP. Now, the I and the P fit but I could never fully relate to the description of the ISTP.

I have taken several different tests the say I am INFP in the last months.

Glycerine

I used to act very ESTJish for the longest time but when that was not forced upon me, I started to become INFJ. I don't think I was ever a true ESTJ... my real INFJ side came out just within the last couple of years.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    My personality has changed significantly over time. I used to be a lot more extraverted just a couple of years ago, and I'd talk before thinking. I was an E. I used to also be more carefree, and go-with-the-flow and more experimental than I am now. I was a very clear P. I used to be more friendly, less confrontational, less hard-working, more creative, and more fun. Definitely more F than I am now. This was just 1 or 2 years ago. If you asked me back then, I would never have thought one's personality could just change like that. But it happened to me. I would say before, I was an ESxP.

I wanted to know if something like this is common, or have you heard of it? Or has it happened to you?
    Interestingly my son says that his personality has changed over time and that he too has gone from being extraverted to introverted. I laughed at his notion because I still see the extraversion in him. However both E/I can balance out over time as we gain more and more experiences that call for our opposite attitude. I became very extraverted after graduating from college and over the past 10 years have settled back into be more introverted. I figure at some point I will go through another decade of appearing extraverted. The question still remains that how are you when alone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Just because someone learns to deal with weaknesses in their personality doesn't mean they change.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I was very ESFP as a young child but molded into an ENFP, and am now borderline INFP/ENFP, but probably a little more INFP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I used to be a lot more extroverted, but I don't know what happened. Over time my scores on the tests have balanced out, now they are at a point where I = 60%, N = 60%, F = 51%, and P = 55%. *shrug* I'm still an INFP but I consider myself nicely balanced.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Transition from ISTJ to ISFJ. Though I suppose it's more personal development that created the transition.

Hm. I'd have figured myself as ISTP as a small child. Which changed vastly when I thought I got kicked out of school. (Then again... I distinctly remember crying and ranting about how I'd be moving away from my friends. So it's possible I was really an underdeveloped ISFJ but that might apply to all children regardless of type.)

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I used to be a lot more extroverted, but I don't know what happened.
    Puberty. Seriously.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    As we are developing these functions, we are learning to prefer one over the other. One is becoming more comfortable, automatic and natural. This differentiation process is necessary for our psychological well-being. We have to have a preference or else we would be insane. According to what I've read, the only circumstance under which someone's type might change is if they suffer brain damage.
    This. I would gamble that the traits the MBTI tests are more dependant on the chemical make-up in your brain. Also, the MBTI is self-scoring, so its results are only as good as the information that being fed into it. If you're not being truthful (with yourself and/or the test), your results will be wrong.
    INFJ
    4w5