User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was raised as another type than myself also Anja.

My ENFP mom basically raised me to be an ENFP. She still doesn't get why I am introverted and the fact that I always want to be alone annoys her.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My ISTJ mom kept trying to raise me as an ISTJ and kept failing over and over, then taking out her failures on me, etc.

Unfortunately for her, I've been pretty clearly INFJ my whole life. And her 2nd child has always been clearly ENTP. And her husband has always been clearly INTP.

The more she tried to make me into her dream child, the less like her dream child I allowed myself to be. Very NF of me

MBTI
    ENTP

I feel that I was an extreme ENFP/INFP in early childhood. I used to be nice to a fault.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think, your type is determined by preferences. Which functions you prefer to use. This is related to, but not the same thing as the strength of your functions.
    I agree with this. I typed myself as an INTJ because its functions are what I prefer but what I've noticed is that I have a very well developed Fi which sometimes causes me to be typed as an INFP. I used to get confused about what my real type is so I came up with the hypothesis that although a function may be prefered, it needs to be exercised for it to gain strength, much like a muscle. I think my Fi is strong because I often had to stand up to my senslessly abusive upbringings and understand the feelings behind the violent acts so I could attempt to stop them from happening again. (Which I was sucessful at doing by the way.) I mean I was actually beaten and belittled for accidentally breaking a cereal bowl. Talk about overreacting! However I identify much more with INTJ as I'm more organised and not very touchy-feely.

*Now of course this could be a bunch of BS I made up to rationalise my decision to type myself as an INTJ. But I still think it's a viable hypothesis at this time.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    According to the science of the theory, your first function begins to develop @ age 6, the second @ age 12, the third @ age 25 and the fourth @ age 50.

As we are developing these functions, we are learning to prefer one over the other. One is becoming more comfortable, automatic and natural. This differentiation process is necessary for our psychological well-being. We have to have a preference or else we would be insane. According to what I've read, the only circumstance under which someone's type might change is if they suffer brain damage.
    Succinctly explained

MBTI
    INFP

Well, and confusion also. It takes us a while to know ourselves.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

garbage

I used to act a lot more introverted, which is really, really hard for me to believe now. I'm fully convinced that I've been wired as an extrovert all along and just never exercised it.

I've also become a much softer and more understanding and empathetic person, but that has more to do with personal growth rather than discovery of existing preferences.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I've been an ISTJ as long as I can remember, but as time passes I think awareness and balance increase more than anything else.

MBTI
    INFP

I think I've always been an INFP, but a while ago, when I would take [online] assessments, I would usually get INFP, but I would often get INFJ too. I didn't think this was accurate and didn't understand why I was getting those results until recently, I stopped getting INFJ results and started getting some INFP and some INTP. I think I (and I assume many other people do this too) go through phases where I exercise one of my non-dominant functions, yet still remaining the type I've always been. I think that accounts for some of personality change.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I started out as an INTP, then went to ENTP, now I'm most likely an INTJ, give or take ten years and I'll be an ENTJ if the pattern continues.