User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 53

  1. #21
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Ti is wondering if there is a reason and Ne is wondering what the reason is. Quite similar. I think Ti would try to give a logical reason in the process and not just ask the question.

  2. #22
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    You're off when it comes to Fi. Cheating is against every grain of my existence, so I would be very angry, I wouldn't want to see myself doing that.

    Unless you meant imagining it. I usually imagine everything happening to me then seeing how it feels, so if that's what you meant then sure.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #23
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Wow, this was really well done, Jeremey. Did you do this yourself? It's impressive, yet very simple, and accurate.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Wow, that's surprisingly good

    The Se/Ne thing doesn't quite fit for me, but that might be a balance issue. Each is probably more accurate the stronger the preference is.
    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Not to rain on the parade but, "Se: I need to see this for myself." Did I miss something, I thought the person was seeing it directly. If so, then should this not be changed to say how a Se type would respond to witnessing the matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You're off when it comes to Fi. Cheating is against every grain of my existence, so I would be very angry, I wouldn't want to see myself doing that.

    Unless you meant imagining it. I usually imagine everything happening to me then seeing how it feels, so if that's what you meant then sure.
    Again, this is due to my lack of explaining it I think. I meant that Fi bases the decision off of whether the person would take part in the activity themselves or not and feel good about it, not off of whether others would see the activity as "wrong".

    For instance, you say that cheating is against every grain of your existence, right? So taking it a step further, would you ever cheat? No, and so the Fi judging function would look at this situation and say "No, I wouldn't." Ne would try to look for reasons first, unless Fi takes over because it is an extremely strongly held value - which it might in your case!

    To me, most Fi judgements are based off of that; subconsciously comparing the situation to our personal beliefs and attitudes towards that situation, and going forward from there.

    Also, a little disclaimer: I am not a personality typologist or anything, this is just stuff that came to my head, and I don't vouch it as professional or anything of the sort :P Just seeing what others thought of my ideas Thanks for everyone who has posted so far; if I helped you at all I am happy!

    P.S. I am updating the main post with my new descriptions of Se and Ne!
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

    Fonewearl and proud of it!

    I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

  5. #25
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Suggestion of change to Ti: "What is the reason she did that?" or something to that effect. It's not asking if there was a reason, (at least for me) that's assumed as a given that there is one, it's asking what the reason is. So in TiNe, Ti would ask why, Ne would develop a bunch of possibilities, and Ti would discern which makes the most sense.

    I'm not really familiar with how TiSe would act though...

  6. #26
    Senior Member Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Suggestion of change to Ti: "What is the reason she did that?" or something to that effect. It's not asking if there was a reason, (at least for me) that's assumed as a given that there is one, it's asking what the reason is. So in TiNe, Ti would ask why, Ne would develop a bunch of possibilities, and Ti would discern which makes the most sense.

    I'm not really familiar with how TiSe would act though...
    Same thing right? Ti would ask why, then Se would take in the data presented and make conclusions based on that evidence, rather than the possibilities presented by the evidence (though tertiary Ni would kick in and start seeing the pattern that was presented by the present data now that it is there). Aspirational Fe would most likely get pissed off and just tell both of them "Hey, what you're doing is bullshit", after the data has been analyzed by the other functions first of course.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

    Fonewearl and proud of it!

    I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

  7. #27
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Same thing right? Ti would ask why, then Se would take in the data presented and make conclusions based on that evidence, rather than the possibilities presented by the evidence (though tertiary Ni would kick in and start seeing the pattern that was presented by the present data now that it is there). Aspirational Fe would most likely get pissed off and just tell both of them "Hey, what you're doing is bullshit", after the data has been analyzed by the other functions first of course.
    Yeah, I really should have known that. A moment of heightened self-doubt. ITPs both make a logical model of how things work, but the thing the model is filled with are different. ISTPs fill it with data, and determine the connections later when needed. INTPs fill it with the connections, and determine later when needed.

    At least, I think.

    I've been reading up on Socionics lately, so everything is screwed up in my mind.

  8. #28
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Suggestion of change to Ti: "What is the reason she did that?" or something to that effect.
    That would be Ne. Like I said, Ti should give the reason. Ti is to come up with reason, where Ne, "what is the reason" is to wonder and give possibility.

  9. #29
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    That would be Ne. Like I said, Ti should give the reason. Ti is to come up with reason, where Ne, "what is the reason" is to wonder and give possibility.
    It does both. It asks, Ne gives possibilities, then Ti determines which it is.

  10. #30
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    It does both. It asks, Ne gives possibilities, then Ti determines which it is.
    Ti does not both. One with TiSe will look at concrete facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    "what is the reason"
    Or should I say "what could be..."

    The word is is so abstract.

Similar Threads

  1. How to figure out your Socionics type
    By sulfit in forum Socionics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  2. Help figuring out your type?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  3. Can't figure out your type? Consider "The Soul Child"
    By VagrantFarce in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 03:59 PM
  4. How did you/do you figure out your stacking?
    By the soulless one in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
  5. A simple way to figure out your Enneagram type
    By evilrobot in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO