User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ti con Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This is a very interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    only recently (in the last year or so) was I truly able to sit down and make a list of actual personal values that I feel strongly about regardless of their intellectual basis
    Do you have an idea of how the functions might have participated in the process of making that list? I'm wondering because I think for me it's like my Fi resists having its values being translated into terms my Ti can understand and articulate. It is almost as if it feels that its values only make sense in their Fi form and that translating them into Ti terms (ie. words -- which can be picked apart with logic) will only result in their being rejected (since I'm Ti dominant).
    Also, it might be evident already, but I'm still shaky about seeing Fi as a judging, value-having function. I guess I can't see a scenario in which it is better suited than Ti. I think maybe for me Fi works on such an unconscious level and is so strange to my Ti, that I don't even recognize when it is being effectively used. Any examples?

WTF is this dude saying? Array A Schnitzel's Avatar

To be honest I don't identify with the Fi descriptions at all.
    It's probably my weakest way of thinking if I could even identify it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Fi is my foundation. Fe is incorporated into it. Ti analyses both so I can move forward properly.

My Fi has always been stronger than my Ti, but my Ti is pretty strong and also my third function (must be why I can indentify with ENTPs a lot, in some aspects).

In matters of justice VS mercy I often have trouble deciding.

I find INTPs to be some of the most genuine people I've met. I don't think the functions really conflict because nothing Ti does seems to break Fi values. INTPs sometimes logic me out, and I probably feeling them out, but deeper level conflicts seem rare.

Also I don't think anyone relates exactly to Fi descriptions .

I think I'm Ti third function too. But not positive.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.