User Tag List

123 Last

deleted

Lightbulb MBTI Mate Pairing Idea

Here is an idea that I need some opinions on. I think any type would be good for any type, however I also think if you have an extreme preference while the others are normal, you may want someone with that same preference.

For example, I think if you're an INTP and and you have an extreme preference of Introversion then you should seek an introvert. If the other preferences are weak then a good match would the ISFJ (since the other preferences are weak, they should be challenged.) Any strong preference should be met with an equal preference, because most people don't fancy those of a great difference to one of their preferences. I am sure there are some who do, but for the most part extremes should be paired. Two opposite preferences that are both weak won't be largely different from each other, so they may as well be X.

Another example, if your results look like this:

E ***** 30%
    N ************** 75%
    F ************ 65%
    P **** 25%

an ideal mate might be the INFJ.

But this INFJ should have a similar pattern to their preferences for the best compatibility, such as:

I ****** 35%
    N **************** 85%
    F ************* 70%
    J ***** 30%

These two are quite similar, but the weak E and P is switched with the weak I and J and the N and F are strong.

Another example:

E *************** 80%
    S ******* 45%
    T ********** 55%
    J ********** 55%

This can be taken multiple ways depending on the person. All preferences could be considered strong, so the ideal is an ESTJ, or just the E could be considered strong so the ideal is an ENFP. One assumption is to say that an ISTJ would not be a good match here.

One more example:

I ******* 45%
    S ******* 45%
    F ** 10%
    P ******* 45%

Either I, S and P are considered strong, depending on the person so the ideal is an ISTP, or all preferences are considered weak so the ideal is an ENTJ of mirrored preferences. Big difference between both perceptions.

I think strong preferences should be considered and met and weak preferences should be challenged

In any case, I am just theorizing here. What do you guys think? Is this logical? I need some test subjects.

This is something I was saying in some my some of my posts/threads. Since I doubt that ENFP is ideal match for me. Even if it is balanced/weak in all letters.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

It's an interesting suggestion.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

So what happens?

I - 74*
    N - 84*
    F - 74*
    J - 84 *
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Any strong preference should be met with an equal preference, because most people don't fancy those of a great difference to one of their preferences. I am sure there are some who do, but for the most part extremes should be paired. ...
    Perhaps it depends on which position the extreme is in.
    I was an extreme J when I met my husband, a strong P.
    I have always been attracted to P types.

I have had the most trouble with people who have Te or Fe in the first position,
    and those are J types.

There is a saying that "Opposite attract".
    There is also another saying that "If both of you thought exactly alike on everything,
    one of you would not be necessary."
    I personally think it is wise to find someone who has strengths where you are weak and weaknesses where you are strong.

Additionally, I agree with you, that as a strong introvert, I appreciate being married to an introvert. I don't believe I would have been happy married to someone who required too much extraversion of me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I like this idea. I don't know how much merit it holds, but hey, at least it's novel. It makes at least as much sense as Keirsey... (and actually predicts the same type for me)

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Oh, this looks interesting. Do you already have a whole system in your head or do you need us to help you somehow?
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

deleted

Well I agree with INTJMom, perhaps the extremes are only toward a select few preferences including I/E. In any case it is up to us to figure out what these other preferences are. I guess it can be pretty subjective but there might as well be a weightier tendency for certain preferences, objectively speaking.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    So what happens?

I - 74*
    N - 84*
    F - 74*
    J - 84 *
    Matched with either another INFJ or an ENTJ?

Like INTJMom proves, having a strong J preference might not indicate a greater attraction to Ps, or a strong J factor may be the reason one would be more attracted to Ps.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...i score 100% on np which totally means i would do best with that right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison