• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NJs are bad J's, SPs are bad Ps?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Of course not in all situations, but what do you guys think about that? Are iNtuitives Judgers not as good of Judgers as Sensors would be since Ns are less "intune" with reality and the present. Same with SPs... are they not as bad P's since they are more in touch with what is around them? Thoughts?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm....bad...P....kitty...head bounce...what?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i notice the SP NJ coupling everywhere
or at least when an intuitive finally realizes sensors aren't bad

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
There is no such thing as a "bad" type. Each type has its advantages, just as each type has its disadvantages. The behavioral patterns of NJs are quite different than the behavioral patterns of SJs; however, this does not mean that one behavioral pattern works more efficiently than another.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course not in all situations, but what do you guys think about that? Are iNtuitives Judgers not as good of Judgers as Sensors would be since Ns are less "intune" with reality and the present. Same with SPs... are they not as bad P's since they are more in touch with what is around them? Thoughts?
If you're starting to slide into the thinking that one side of the S/N scale makes more sense with one side of the J/P scale, then you're probably losing focus on the differences between the two scales. (I guess) Remember that S/N and J/P "measure" different things, for MBTI theory to be true, that is. So maybe take a step back and remember how those two scales are different.

Then again, I've done similar before, so I haven't got much room to talk. But maybe you mean when matched together, N and J amplify a certain behavior, and S and P amplify another certain behavior...? I usually think of NJs as more "flexible" than their SJ counterparts, for example. So sometimes I wonder whether a person I think is P actually is NJ.

The difference is that in the first paragraph, we're starting with theory and working outward, and in the second paragraph, we're working inward towards the theory.

deleted
Initially on test scales, if you were to answer most J/P questions toward J, you would be a J, toward P you would be a P.

Js usually make bad Ps, Ps usually make bad Js. Any type can be bad at both P and J.

In ratio format consider that an INTP has scored 99% in P... He can still be a horrible perceiver, and bad at all of the P characteristics, but implying ratio he would then be 99% much worse at J (however that works out mathematically.)

Another thing to consider is that the test J/P mosty apply to extroverted functions of F/T and S/N. So this INTP can actually be much better at judging, even better than the INTJ counterpart, but not specifically good at what J assumes... the Te.

Introverted functions are pretty much disregarded in this theory's typing. Bastards...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
There is no such thing as a "bad" type. Each type has its advantages, just as each type has its disadvantages. The behavioral patterns of NJs are quite different than the behavioral patterns of SJs; however, this does not mean that one behavioral pattern works more efficiently than another.
Exactly.

Every type has its strengths and weaknesses.
In the end, we are all necessary.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
In the end, we are all necessary.

^_^ Your type is vital to my plans. You are relevant. The moment you become ineffective in your traits, you are to be eliminated. That is all.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I tend to enjoy NJ's and SP's the most BECAUSE they aren't as extreme.

Unique

Check your morals at the door, please.

I wasn't expressing any morals

I was asking if the thread was serious or not

as in haha joke or not

if its a joke it deserves me to say something hilarious :cheese: if not... something serious :cool:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I wasn't expressing any morals

I was asking if the thread was serious or not

as in haha joke or not

if its a joke it deserves me to say something hilarious :cheese: if not... something serious :cool:

Try both. Like:

(Insert serious post here)

(Insert joke post here)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know an ISTP who claims to never loose anything ... how is that even POSSIBLE?! I am envious

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tend to enjoy NJ's and SP's the most BECAUSE they aren't as extreme.

but...but I AM extreeeeeeme baby! I'M ALL XTREME UPINYOFACE!!!!!

or something. :blush:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's not saying NJ's or SP's are 'bad' in the sense of having worse traits or being worse personalities than the others.

He's saying NJ's maybe don't fit all of the stereotypical 'J' traits that tend to be on the J/P descriptive lists, so may appear to be more 'P' than SJ's, and the SP's maybe don't fit all of the stereotypical 'P' traits, so maybe appear to be more 'J' as compared to NP's.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, no. SJs can be very "bouncy" with their decisions, if you examine them over a longer time-scale - even if they seem to be very prepared on shorter ones. NJs may be more messy, but their decisions are rarely "bouncy".

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The point of the thread, I think, is that:

P is known for being flexible
J is known for being rigid

then he's claiming that:

N is also kind of flexible
S is also kind of rigid

so when you match them:

NP = very flexible
SP = kind of flexible (more rigid than NP)
NJ = kind of rigid (more flexible than SJ)
SJ = very rigid

And I think it may appear that way, or I may be misunderstanding what N/S and P/J mean. Sometimes I have trouble deciding whether a person is P or NJ.