User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's funny.
    I don't.
    Most of the N's I've run across have a better change to be open or at least be able to explain alternative points of view. They use N to empathize. The big thing I see with S's is that they are more accepting of people and issues that fly in the face of their values if they (1) know the person or (2) can sympathize someone with the person or (3) have a moral code that guides behavior... some sort of tangible connection or standards.
    This isn't always true, though...there are plenty of liberal Ns that can sympathize with people who are "other" than they (gay, homeless, vegan), but will demonize people who have different (or ANY) religious or political views (especially conservative ones).

My NT (and my upbringing) makes me apolitical, honestly. I've seen enough of both sides of things and can relate to people on both sides of the aisle. If there's anything I'm absolutely sure of, it's that neither political party has all the answers.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Few months ago I have seen the results of testing a political convictions per each type in the US and there was a correlation to MBTI and how MBTI sees people.

I don't have a link.
    Here is a breakdown by type for US political party affiliation. It actually shows that T's are republicans and F's are democrats (or equally split between the two).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Here is a breakdown by type for US political party affiliation. It actually shows that T's are republicans and F's are democrats (or equally split between the two).
    That's interesting. Thanks for that.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    I think there might be as much of a F/T correlation as a N/S one.
    I love when data validates my intuitions.

The numbers I have seen were somewhat different.

The problem is as I said in first post that I don't have same picture about being conservative or liberal as most people here.

In US there is a connection between the two and taxes policies and a way of spending.
    Plus some other things that that can be linked to economic cycles.

Where I live that has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal.

Because of this I think that we are not understanding eachother that well.

Also I think that my society is clearly more to the left then US so Ns have easier time to get and uphold this views.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

As some people on this thread have started discussing, maybe you mean traditional ("conservative") vs. progressive ("liberal"). Picking the right (American-)English word makes a difference.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    As some people on this thread have started discussing, maybe you mean traditional ("conservative") vs. progressive ("liberal"). Picking the right (American-)English word makes a difference.
    I guess that this is what thinking. The problems is that words don't mean the same thing on the opposite sides of Atlantic.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I guess that this is what thinking. The problems is that words don't mean the same thing on the opposite sides of Atlantic.
    Most people know that, but there are still other words you can use to describe the same thing. (or very close to it)

Traditional vs. progressive has a past vs. future connotation to it.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 01-27-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: explanation of my terms
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I read a study a while ago which found people (in Germany, if it makes a difference) self-identified as liberal were more likely to be NP, with conservatives more likely SJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This isn't always true, though...there are plenty of liberal Ns that can sympathize with people who are "other" than they (gay, homeless, vegan), but will demonize people who have different (or ANY) religious or political views (especially conservative ones).
    Thank you.

Interesting. I'm conservative and not very religious but I pretty much automatically assume when I meet a woman that she's liberal. If she's very religious, then it's more likely that she will lean towards conservatism but not always. With men it seems to be a toss up depending on where he lives (bigger cities = liberal) and the degree of his religious involvement.

MBTI
    ENTP

Surely the meaning of S and N is a give away.

S type focus on the detail
    N type the bigger picture, hence offensive details are less of an issue for them because it falls into the wash of the whole N big picture.

L