User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 151

  1. #71
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Ahh, finally someone resonates with what I'm saying. We do clash with ISFJ's. Yes, I have the same problem, I create tension and have to learn to back down and be patient and listen to ISFJ's. A real lesson in patience for me.

    Very true, ISFJ's have an uncanny ability to process minutia. Quite right.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  2. #72
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    I've got to admit... You've done an excellent job of rubbing me in the wrong way. =/ You weren't kidding about the whole being smug and condescending vibe, but truthfully it's something you actively believe in, no? All I can see is quite abit of confirmation bias and it irks me somewhat. Ah well.

    Regarding the idea of not needing to recreate a picture with your head. Thats not true. You will have an overall picture~ but that's never the same thing as having the complete picture. Si works on building the foundation to completion, rather than dealing with the overall and filling in the missing pieces to completion. We're aiming to recreate the situation thoroughly, which requires the boring setails (not only the main points).

  3. #73
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    You picked up on my smugness hey. Again, a conversation with an ISFJ starts, builds, and ends with "Sorry", like we're dancing and I can't seem to stop myself from stepping on your toes, even if I created the damn dance.

    Sorry Kai, Sorry Hmm, will you guys forgive me for being an ass?

    ".....Cause I'm all alone
    theres no one here beside me
    my problems have all gone
    theres no one here to reside me
    But you gotta have friends....."

    (The ass from Shrek is the joke I'm going for here)
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  4. #74
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default


    War!

    In all honesty... You're still sending that vibe even now. Unfortunately I can't be certain whether it's intended or not. Halo effect might be settling in.

    My best friend for seven year was an INFJ, and I've recently met up with another INFJ at university. I don't have this problem with them nor some of the other INFJs on this forum like LA, cascademn... Perhaps they aren't voicing their thoughts but it definitely seems more of a specific problem with your style of interaction.

    Hm. Apologies for what might seem like personal attacks but just raising a point.

  5. #75
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Great point Kai. I was just discussing this with babyloncandle, just the problem of being MBTI at the margin, not the peripheral, shows great differentiation between myself and other more solid INFJ's. I'm a bit of a chameleon that comes out INFJ the majority of the time, like 3 out of 5 tests. MBTI sometimes limits understanding, and really needs outside testing to fully characterize a personality. Babylon is totally confused by the INFJ, 8w9, EIE combination of my personality, although the latter two, depending on the test, are just as dubious and subject to scrutiny. Most juries would just find me ambiguous, and leave it at that.

    Where's the personal attack kai? You're very objective, I really don't see a slam in there, you seem too nice to really be mean, and I like that, I need that, I can be a douche at times.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  6. #76
    Senior Member MrME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Get a blinking light and initiate a conversation. While they're talking, pull out the blinking like and hold it in front of them.

    If they're hypnotized by it -- ISFJ.

    If two months later they write you a long and involved email about how you don't respect their thoughts and feelings because you constantly interrupt what they're saying with blinking lights and silly noises -- INFJ
    INFJ
    4w5

  7. #77
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Guilty on all counts. Great point MrME! Glad you see the same problem as I do.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Kai: Why are pigeonholing people. This particular (Si) trait is what usually makes my life shitty. Even when paisley clearly said he Isn't trying to be insincere, you are keeping your unmotivated suspicioussnes. Please stop this behavior, it only creates passive aggression from both parts in the future.

  9. #79
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    You picked up on my smugness hey. Again, a conversation with an ISFJ starts, builds, and ends with "Sorry", like we're dancing and I can't seem to stop myself from stepping on your toes, even if I created the damn dance.

    Sorry Kai, Sorry Hmm, will you guys forgive me for being an ass?

    ".....Cause I'm all alone
    theres no one here beside me
    my problems have all gone
    theres no one here to reside me
    But you gotta have friends....."

    (The ass from Shrek is the joke I'm going for here)
    No worries. I was never upset. I was just trying to understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    In all honesty... You're still sending that vibe even now. Unfortunately I can't be certain whether it's intended or not. Halo effect might be settling in.
    Nah, I think he's sincere.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Get a blinking light and initiate a conversation. While they're talking, pull out the blinking like and hold it in front of them.

    If they're hypnotized by it -- ISFJ.

    If two months later they write you a long and involved email about how you don't respect their thoughts and feelings because you constantly interrupt what they're saying with blinking lights and silly noises -- INFJ
    lol!

  10. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Kai: Why are pigeonholing people. This particular (Si) trait is what usually makes my life shitty. Even when paisley clearly said he Isn't trying to be insincere, you are keeping your unmotivated suspicioussnes. Please stop this behavior, it only creates passive aggression from both parts in the future.
    I don't see this behavior from Kai at all. Just paisley1.

    Projection?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar Threads

  1. How to distinguish ESFP and ENFP?
    By Gauche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 03:03 PM
  2. [Enne] How to distinguish between a 2w3 and a 3w2?
    By OneLovelyAdventure in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
  3. [Inst] How to distinguish Sx/Sp and Sx/So?
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM
  4. [MBTItm] ISFJs and INFJs: How does this work?
    By Rachel in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:00 AM
  5. How to distinguish INTJ and INFJ
    By Lotr246 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO