User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

infjs are more idealistic and isfjs more practical/conservative. i think this extends to politics for example or even in terms of what kind of gift they would give for a birthday (isfj something practical infj maybe something involving the arts like a painting or something).
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

For me, the difference seems to be that I can't keep my weird in for very long. I try, but it pops out.

I can't just talk about the subject at hand, I have to talk about all the stuff related to it: how it got like that, how it impacts people, how the theory and practice differ, what's funny about it, anecdotes related to it, how I feel about it, pop culture references.

It's not all of those things every time, but even if I'm sticking to the topic, one of those things is screaming and jumping up and down in my head wanting desperately to pop out of my mouth. It can make me come off as pretty obnoxious, so I'm working on it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

How they show love. I think ISFJ are very intuitive about the physical and concrete needs of those they love. They have many ideal maternal attributes because they can soothe the hurts with clear, physically comforting help. An INFJ loves by comprehending a person's inner being and providing more abstract care by saying or not saying what is needed. People have difficulty comprehending what an INFJ is and so usually combine ISFJs and ENFJs in their concept of the type.

The two skill (external and internal care) intermingle and people possess some of both skills, but some MBTI literature calls INFJs the most abstract type, and for me that is spot on.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    For me, the difference seems to be that I can't keep my weird in for very long. I try, but it pops out.

I can't just talk about the subject at hand, I have to talk about all the stuff related to it: how it got like that, how it impacts people, how the theory and practice differ, what's funny about it, anecdotes related to it, how I feel about it, pop culture references.

It's not all of those things every time, but even if I'm sticking to the topic, one of those things is screaming and jumping up and down in my head wanting desperately to pop out of my mouth. It can make me come off as pretty obnoxious, so I'm working on it.
    I can totally relate to this! It's really nice when you find someone else who appreciates these discussions. Then again, I've found people who are TOO similar to me in this way, and we both end up telling each other what the other one already knows and has thought of -- kind of like preaching to the choir.
    Last edited by Spin; 09-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    How they show love. I think ISFJ are very intuitive about the physical and concrete needs of those they love. They have many ideal maternal attributes because they can soothe the hurts with clear, physically comforting help. An INFJ loves by comprehending a person's inner being and providing more abstract care by saying or not saying what is needed. People have difficulty comprehending what an INFJ is and so usually combine ISFJs and ENFJs in their concept of the type.

The two skill (external and internal care) intermingle and people possess some of both skills, but some MBTI literature calls INFJs the most abstract type, and for me that is spot on.
    Wow, that is so interesting!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Wow, that is so interesting!
    If you put an INFJ's finger in tea, the tea turns yellow. If you do that with an ISFJ, the tea turns blue.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If you put an INFJ's finger in tea, the tea turns yellow. If you do that with an ISFJ, the tea turns blue.
    There it is!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

ISFJ's will be making tea silently in the background, all the while on the lookout for 'CRUMMIES'. Crummies thus located a magical hoover will appear in an ISFJ's hands as if by some malign conjuration....invoking some god of cleanliness at the same time.

And INFJ's will float in through the window firing off randomised bursts of psychic energy, upsetting all the surrounding decor in the process, they really are a messy bunch. I suggest lead walls...and lots of crystals.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The ISFJ is the one you meet in real life.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I find it very easy to tell them apart since INFJs and ISFJs are so different in how they communicate (don't be fooled by just a difference of one letter)

A lot of ISFJs can tell you exactly what they did today, and often will with a minute by minute description, while most INFJs are too caught up in their headspace with all the opportunities! connections! possibilities! to even remember what they had for breakfast this morning.

ISFJs normally communicate in a straightforward, empathetic style while INFJs are more random and quirky in communication (which I am trying to reign in, I must learn to listen better to my friends instead of blurting out all the tangents and connections that come into my head)